U2 Vinyl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoopop

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Anybody collect vinyl? I’m just starting my collection and have 2 U2 LP’s. The “Joshua Tree” 180 gram that was just released and POP on vinyl (purchased back in 1997).

I’m building an additional room in my house that will have a small bar and LP player. Just hooked up everything last night and I’m really impressed with the sound quality of vinyl. Just sounds warm & richer than CD/Computer.

Anyone else have some cool U2 vinyl?

My daughter gave me "Dismantle" on vinyl for my birthday a couple years ago, I have no idea what to do with it as I am not an album collector.

I have POP, the Fire maxi-single, War and The Fly on vinyl.

My player is in Virginia though :mad:

I have a ton of hardcore/punk/metal LPs too, many on very attractive colors. I've since quelled my vinyl lust. But it sure is fun collecting.

My Vinyl Holy Grails are: Zooropa and Pearl Jam's No Code

I love the sound of Vynll: It is so much more 'genuine' than a CD: I like the way it crackles because of age and the way the sound leaps out at you like, in some respects, U23D ;-)

My mum has achtung on vynll (the item I most treasure in the house of all U2 related things) the joshua tree, war and rattle and hum.

I listen to U2 on the computer above anything so I only have a couple of there CD's :(kinda off topic, but...) Pop, U218 and HTDAAB. My brother owns the best of CD's and I own zootv Sydney, slane castle and U218 DVDs.

I went way off topic but now you know ;-)

I have vinyl MOFO remixes, a vinyl Discotheque single, and a vinyl In God's Country 7". Kind of fun, I guess...

I've got all the albums up until Rattle & Hum on vinyl, some 12" singles (NYD, Fire, EBTTRT, UF... have to check my storage to refresh my memory) but my prized possession(s) is/are my collection of 7" singles. I have every 7" from "Out Of Control" through "Wild Horses". In the pre-internet record collecting days, it took me about 8 years to track them all down. The day I found "Another Day" and "A Day Without Me" I must've jumped ten feet into the air in the middle of the record store. The internet has made hunting down rarities a lot easier, but I sort of miss moments like that in some ways.

I have Boy, October, War, Under a Blood Red Sky, Unforgettable Fire and A Sort of Homecoming single. All from my friend who was really into them in the 80's and not so interested in vinyl anymore.

I have Rattle & Hum, The Joshua Tree and War that I've collected from various places. I'm not really a collector, but I love having them on display!

I have every album except Achtung Baby and Zooropa which I need! Oh I also don't have the 2 Best Of's on vinyl, but I do have U218.
My Pop vinyl is a double album which I love, and I also have an album of Lemon mixes on yellow vinyl which is cool looking.
I have both versions of Boy (UK and US)
12 in. singles I have the Bono/Clanad In a Lifetime and ISHFWILF.
45 singles I only have WOWY and Pride.
I also have a cool little 33 1/3 vinyl of Wire (dub mix)

When cd's took over I got rid of so much of my vinyl and it kills me now, but I'm so glad I had decided there was some stuff I couldn't let go of so I still have my entire collection of the Beatles (every one of their records) and Bowie (just about every one) on vinyl all bought in the 60's, 70's and 80's, along with lots of other stuff I really liked that I kept. However I don't have a good stereo to play it all on anymore, just a cheap record player. I really need a new one. I'm dying to listen to these all again on a nice sound system.

I love vinyl. Does anyone remember Licorice Pizza? I used to practically live there, and Tower. The thing I miss about vinyl besides the sound, is the smell, when you open a new record. It's just :drool:

Last edited:
If anyone's in Dublin and looking to add to their collection, Borderline Records in Temple Bar (beside the Merchant Barber) has a lot of old singles (Two Hearts Beat As One, Pride, New Year's Day), coloured vinyl, etc. I don't have the money for it myself, but I thought I'd pass the message on.

I have a lot of the early 7" singles and a couple of albums on vinyl. Both the records and my turntable are packed away in the closet in our spare bedroom; I probably haven't listened to them in 3 years. I also bought the Vertigo 7" single, but I've never actually listened to it.

Frankly, I find the snap, crackle, and pop of vinyl annoying. :shrug:
I've never bought the whole "vinyl sounds warmer" thing. It just sounds like distortion to me. I got my first CD player in 1987 and I've never looked back.

I bought The Complete U2, so I now have all of those early singles on my computer, and I pipe them digitally to my receiver via an AirPort Express. Sounds great to me.

i have

October
New Year's Day 12" Maxi-single with live tracks
War
Under A Blood Red Sky (original with Send In The Clowns bit)
Pride 7" Double pack
The Joshua Tree
Rattle And Hum
Achtung Baby
Zooropa (my pride and joyyyy!! was so happy to find that mint with all the inserts, and so cheap! :tongue: )

You can find just about any U2 on vinyl at gemm.com. I have all the albums except the greatest hits, and bought frames for them at Michael's. They look great on the wall!

gareth brown said:

Zooropa (my pride and joyyyy!! was so happy to find that mint with all the inserts, and so cheap! :tongue: )

Ditto! This was my most recent vinyl find of theirs - was looking for years, then found a sealed copy for under a tenner in a back street record store in north london!

Oh you kids today. :lol: I have all the 80s LPs and most of the singles on vinyl, cos that's how you bought them in the 80s....

:dinosaur:

I have all 45 singles and most 12" singles and all albums up to Achtung Baby on vinyl. I also have about 150 vinyl bootlegs. (Yes, I'm a dinosaur LOL)

I liked vinyl, but I prefer CD quality. I'm hoping with the Boy remaster they include all the early singles and B sides remastered and in perfect quality. :drool:

Albums:

Joshua Tree (signed)
Rattle and Hum
Under a Blood Red Sky

Singles:

HMTMKMKM
Mysterious Ways
The Fly
Even Better
The Saints are Coming
Pride (framed)

All I can think of now, but I'm sure theres more :hmm:

CherokeeRose said:
It's so fun finding an album that you've been looking for for a long time

Yeah, very exciting!

I :heart: going to music stores to search through their records for bargains and treasures and am very happy & lucky that there are quite a few awesome ones here in my area.

The only album I have on vinyl is : Zooropa.

Still remember the day I bought it.
That was a really great day vinyl wise.
As I also got the following 12" at the same time : the French NYD / Two Hearts, the German SBS and Discotheque.

The other 12" I have are : Two Hearts US promo, Pride, The Unforgettable Fire, With or without you, I still haven't found, Streets, All I Want Is You, The Fly, Even better, Who's gonna ride your wild horses, Lemon (clear yellow vinyl), Mofo (remixes), Elevation US promo.

And I have about 30 7".
Not going to name them all.
The one that I'm most fond of is the see through WOWY promo.
And a couple more I'm very happy to have in my collection :

I will follow (US)
Fire double pack (UK)
Gloria (Irish)
New Year's Day US promo
Two Hearts double pack (UK)
The Unforgettable Fire double pack (UK)
Stay (US)

+

the complete Revival of the Fittest Series.

All stored in :

U2-Discothequerecor-163311.jpg

Last edited:
Just bought:

Boy
October
War
The Joshua Tree

I now have every album released in the 80s on vinyl.

Now the hunt is on for the 90's.

PS: They sound wonderful!

*checks record collection*

i have...

U2 three
11 o'clock tick tock
i will follow
fire
october
a celebration
new year's day
pride
the unforgettable fire (album and single)
the joshua tree
i still haven't found what i'm looking for
desire
mysterious ways
discotheque (3 record set)

the record store i usually go to has more, and i used to have all i want is you in a sleeve thing that came with photos of each band member (it was the cover of each single basically) but i traded it with a friend for another record.

Back
Top Bottom