@U2: U2's next album will be out in November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

victor_f

Refugee
NEW @U2 AS OFFICIAL AS IT GETS ... FOR NOW
June 03, 2004
posted by: m2
U2's next album will be out in November, and the first single will arrive in October. That's the word we've seen, in writing, from a Principle Management employee. And we can't be any more specific than that in describing the source of this news.

Since that has been the rumor for a couple of months now, I think it's a safe bet. How many days until October?

I did hear somewhere, for what's it's worth, that they might release the Slane concert on CD. That doesn't excite me too much. I was pumped for a new single in Spetember, now it's October?!?! Come on !!

For what it's worth, we've pretty much been reporting the same things for months now. Funny that PM and band members are saying different things. :shrug:

But they're not really are they..in the grand scheme of things.

I think the album could be delivered to Universal in June or July and they still wouldn't release it until Oct/Nov, because of mareketing strategy.

I think ATYCLB was delivered in July, and then released at the end of October.

Whatever will make the label happy. In other words whatever will make the most sense for them in the pocketboooks. It's not like there are many bands like U2 they can fall back on, they have to maximize the marketing strategy. Probably meaning, loads of hype thru August and September, and more importantly, I would expect at least a few leaks to go along with the new single.

U2DMfan said:
I think the album could be delivered to Universal in June or July and they still wouldn't release it until Oct/Nov, because of mareketing strategy.

I think ATYCLB was delivered in July, and then released at the end of October.

Whatever will make the label happy. In other words whatever will make the most sense for them in the pocketboooks. It's not like there are many bands like U2 they can fall back on, they have to maximize the marketing strategy. Probably meaning, loads of hype thru August and September, and more importantly, I would expect at least a few leaks to go along with the new single.

Yeah, and of course, the more hype, I'm sure, the better the sales will be. Think about it, the longer they put it off and keep us :drool:ing for it, the more likely we are to run out and get it the very second it's released.

once again, i don't know what the hell you're all talking about. i've had "Solar" since March 8th.

The single should be out around my birthday, so I think I'm getting a pretty good deal. :wink:

am ya the album is not finished so i dont see the album comming out this year.:sad:

new u2 album march 2005.
tour sep 2005.

they are still working on songs and have got a new fucking producer so ya no album this year.
but maby just maby they might finish this year but it does not look very promising.(with bono not being in one place to record, adam is no where to be found and edge just hangs out in the studio with larry) but hey they are taking their time to make something good!

shaun vox said:
am ya the album is not finished so i dont see the album comming out this year.:sad:

new u2 album march 2005.
tour sep 2005.

they are still working on songs and have got a new fucking producer so ya no album this year.
but maby just maby they might finish this year but it does not look very promising.(with bono not being in one place to record, adam is no where to be found and edge just hangs out in the studio with larry) but hey they are taking their time to make something good!

Feeling like stirring up some shit today are we?

shaun vox said:

new u2 album march 2005.
tour sep 2005.

Maybe Bono not being in one place is a good thing. Maybe it means that the majority of work is done and he doesn't need to be around as much. And Edge seems to like being involved in the mixing of an album as much as he can, which would mean he would be at the studio.

U2DMfan said:
I think the album could be delivered to Universal in June or July and they still wouldn't release it until Oct/Nov, because of mareketing strategy. Whatever will make the label happy. In other words whatever will make the most sense for them in the pocketboooks. It's not like there are many bands like U2 they can fall back on, they have to maximize the marketing strategy. Probably meaning, loads of hype thru August and September, and more importantly, I would expect at least a few leaks to go along with the new single.

It seems that U2 is quite concerned about leaks. We heard about stricter security at the studio, etc. U2 calls the shots, and if the band wants extra measures in place to prevent piracy, they will have them.

What will make U2 happy is cooperation from the label regarding this release. We can be certain that the band expects no other major releases for their date, as they eye the #1 chart position. Interscope/Island/Universal staff need to give U2 their undivided attention when it comes to the Marketing Plan (shipping, street date, first week, radio, point of purchase materials, positioning, customer support, etc.)

What am I talking about? Eg. To curb piracy and street date violations, product shipments should be shipped two business days prior to street date, via Next Day Air.

Back
Top Bottom