U2 Tunes You Need to Rediscover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
They can be little-loved album tracks, B-sides, or covers. Maybe you just haven't listened to it in a while, or some circumstances in your life have changed and you might like the song better now. Anyway, since I've been doing this myself lately, here's a list of U2 songs for you to discover again for the first time.

1.) "Bass Trap." I forget that this song exists for months at a time. I only thought of it because I listened to B-sides for the first time in a while today.

2.) "Out of Control." Maybe you used to listen to it when you were mad at your parents, and you moved out of the house three years ago. Come on. Pick up that old copy of Boy and crank this classic. You know you want to.

3.) "All I Want Is You." If you're like me, you usually don't ever make it to the end of Rattle and Hum because you watch the part where Bono says "Fuck the revolution" twenty-five times or so, over and over again. Which means you never get to the credits...which means you never get to AIWIY. Do it for paxie. It's her number-one all time favorite. :)

Anyone else?

funny, those are three of my favourite songs. :wink:

for me, i'd say i need to rediscover zooropa, the whole album. i often forget about it. and war. i usually just listen to seconds.

paxetaurora said:

1.) "Bass Trap." I forget that this song exists for months at a time. I only thought of it because I listened to B-sides for the first time in a while today.

That's exactly how I am with Endless Deep. It's such a beautiful, haunting song, but it's buried towards the end of the b-sides disc so it rarely gets listened to. But it's one of my all-time favorite U2 songs. You rarely get to see (hear? ;)) Adam shine like you do in that song. Love it. :heart:

Songs that I recently rediscovered (and you should to):

1) Bass Trap
2) A Day Without Me
3) If God Will Send His Angels

dispite it being a great song, ive kinda rediscovered even better than the real thing. listenin to it live has really made me realise how rockin' the song is :edge:

I've recently "rediscovered" what I consider to be the following gems:

Stateless (I so love this song)
Heartland (Beautiful and underappreciated)
Walk To The Water
Boy/Girl
Tomorrow
Shadows and Tall Trees
Indian Summer Sky
Dirty Day

I would recommend all of you "revisiting" these songs in the near future...enjoy!

Going to elaborate on my earlier 80s b-sides response...rare songs are also in there too...

Boy/Girl, Touch, and Another Day come to mind.

I rediscovered I will follow during the last tour. Having Bono singing it right in front of my face reminds me what a fuckin great song that it is. As for now....Fallin at Your Feet....just kind of a little prayer

All the books you never read
just started
All the meals you rushed
Never tasted

Over the last week I have just rediscovered 'Rejoice' as you will notice I even devoted a thread to that gem of a song........anyway I will give you a list of songs to rediscover, all of these are songs that I rediscovered over the last year....enjoy!!!

the three sunrises (great edge riff and the best display of vocal harmonies in any U2 song)

zoo station (if you ever went to a zoo show, just putting on this song immediately brings back vivid memories of a leather clad Bono cicking amidst the neon glow of the tower of screens that he was standing in front of and reminds you of how great both the show and the whole Zoo era was)

One tree hill (this song exemplifies how some if not the best U2 songs are never singles or 'hits', words could never describe how beautiful this song is)

rejoice (it has only happened for me in the last week or so, but truly this song ROCKS!!!!):)

Go ahead,, try it!

ZOOROPA. (song)

I always used to skip it just because I couldn't wait for the long intro....but a few months ago I really listened to it again and peeled away many layers. That is now one of my faves.

I just rediscovered "God Part II" today after having not listened to it in months, probably.

don't believe the devil
I don't believe his book...

I, I, I believe in love...

1. A Sort of Homecoming

I used to think this song was OK so I never really listened to it until a few months ago... and wow! It's a fabulous song, now among my favourites.

2. Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad

I knew the song existed but never really looked for it until... last week! And I must say that I LOVE it... I always loved jazzy tunes and this one is really great...

3. Slow Dancing

I don't really know why I love that song so much... I just do!

4. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

I heard this song so many times on the radio, I never really bothered to listen to it on my own will... But I was so wrong. This is one of the only songs where the verses sound as good (maybe better) as the chorus. Love it.

Voil?!

Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
An Cat Dubh
Satellite Of Love
Spanish Eyes
Silver And Gold (Rattle And Hum version :))

paxetaurora said:
I just rediscovered "God Part II" today after having not listened to it in months, probably.

don't believe the devil
I don't believe his book...

I, I, I believe in love...

great song- there was a period in 1994 where I could not get enough of this song- I must of played it like 20 times a day for about 2 months- I think it was the lyrics- I really, really love those lyrics- Bono at his grungy 'f%#k you' best:)

If God Will Send His Angels
Used to be a favourite, haven't listened to it in a while. It's really quite excellent.

And if anyone thinks the song has bad lyrics, eat THIS!:

And i don't have to know how
And i don't need to know why
And i don't wanna promise
'Cause i don't wanna lie
Just know that i need to
Tonight

Last edited:
In my ongoign quest to rediscover U2 songs, today I remembered:

Do You Feel Loved
Lady with the Spinning Head
Walk on By

Rediscovered The Tree Sunrises yesterday while playing WAIA - really loved it
also for me Wire and One Tree Hill over the last week
Recommend Heartland strongly - I do not need to rediscover it as it an all time fav of mine - stong individual performances by all four, just combining magically - just a glorious track!

Pamela

Well, for me this song I'm gonna mention is one I'm just discovering for the first time, but for those of you who want suggestions for rediscovering, I recommend "40"...my god, I was listening to that song a little bit ago...what a pretty song that is.

Rediscovering for me, "Angel Of Harlem"-I hadn't listened to that song in a while, and just recently I listened to it again and was reminded of why I love that song so much.

Angela

yeah!

I'll second the choices of Endless Deep, Bass Trap, Zooropa (s), and Heartland!! It's like returning home and enjoying your mums favourite meal that you used to have. Y'know..., you leave U2station for a little while to sample other bands or new CD purchases but eventually you'll return and realise what it is about U2 that has u addicted rather than just interested. :cute:

My choices would be...

PROMENADE
RUNNING TO STAND STILL
BABYFACE
WALK TO THE WATER
ONE (live from Modena '95)

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom