U2 "trying out" new producer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Okay, they are in the studio with a new producer for a trial period currently. If they are just now getting a producer for the album, then I'd say we'll be damn lucky to get the album by even early 2004. As if the 4 of them didn't spend enough time fucking around, now they are bringing in someone else who is just gonna break things down furthur. I know the saying...take quality over quantity...but even the strongest of us have limits!

I just listened to ATYCLB....I'm sick of that album being the newest stuff we have from U2. It seems so damn old. Need more. Why does it take so long to make albums for them?

1984- UF
1987- JT
1988- RH (quick)
1991- AB
1993- Zooropa (quick)
1997- POP
2000- ATYCLB
2004- New one

In the past 20 years, most of the their albums have been at least 3 years apart. Ah.......being a U2 fan sometimes has it's price! THE WAITING!

From what I've seen, heard and read - we should expect an album early next year - the boys have really been putting in the hours lately! :hyper:

Dorian Gray said:
Where did you hear of this new producer?

I know that I for one, posted about it in U2News last week or so.. Anonymous sources rule! :sexywink:

Edit -> Well, anonymous isn't a good word - my source is considered very very authoritative. :drool:

Last edited:
Need more. Why does it take so long to make albums for them?

In the past 20 years, most of the their albums have been at least 3 years apart. Ah.......being a U2 fan sometimes has it's price! THE WAITING! [/B][/QUOTE]

I know you only mentioned the last 20 years, but you're forgetting the early years.
1980- Boy
1981- October
1983-War
1983- Under a Blood Red Sky
1984-UF

In the beginning, they released an album a year, but those albums were not quite as good in my opinion. They were still good, but look what happened when they waited 3 yrs between UF and JT. Hopefully the new album will be amazing b/c it's been so long since the last.

HelloAngel said:

I know that I for one, posted about it in U2News last week or so.. Anonymous sources rule! :sexywink:

Edit -> Well, anonymous isn't a good word - my source is considered very very authoritative. :drool:

oops, must have missed that one... Thanks!

If you go read the news article from this websites news board
on Johnny Cash's new video "Hurt" it has a quote from Rick Rubin praising the video......

In it he begins " I just talked to Bono......."

My guess is the new producer is probably someone who was suggested by Rubin. Just a hunch really, why else would he be talking to him? I guess there could be a number of reasons, but that one is logical.

Does anyone know any of Rubin's underlings? Or people he has worked with? Maybe Rubin knows of an up and comer who has a ton of talent and hasnt received their big break?

Or perhaps it's Rubin himself? I doubt it, I think U2 are wanting to try something new and fresh, let's just hope it's better production that what Howie B had to offer. I think it's safe to say that if it's one of Rubin's boys, it should be just fine.

Re: Re: U2 "trying out" new producer

U2girl91289 said:
Need more. Why does it take so long to make albums for them?

In the past 20 years, most of the their albums have been at least 3 years apart. Ah.......being a U2 fan sometimes has it's price! THE WAITING!

I know you only mentioned the last 20 years, but you're forgetting the early years.
1980- Boy
1981- October
1983-War
1983- Under a Blood Red Sky
1984-UF

In the beginning, they released an album a year, but those albums were not quite as good in my opinion. They were still good, but look what happened when they waited 3 yrs between UF and JT. Hopefully the new album will be amazing b/c it's been so long since the last. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah... and look how long they took to put Pop out, a great album but a critical and commercial failure by their standards. I think they're doing ok... but they're gonna need to come out with somethin' new within the year to keep the flame going. They've been dropping things here and there as far as new material goes... ES and Hands, but not too much... letting the public know, hey, we're still here, but not pounding it into their heads so that they're sick of U2 by the time the next album comes out. Hopefully this pays off... and after the success of the ATYCLB, I'd be shocked if the new album doesn't go straight to #1 in the first week.

Rick Rubin has worked with the likes of The Beastie Boys (Licensed To Ill), Red Hot Chilli Peppers(Blood Sugar Sex Magik), The Cult(Electric) and other famous bands. It would be cool if they worked with Rubin himself. I dunno.

I think they should hook up with Wayne Coyne from the Flaming Lips!

wayne or rubin would be cool, from as little as i know. :up:

but i agree the wait is frustrating. they take far too long. if its all stripped down and just the four of them with their basic instruments why should it take this long?

Back
Top Bottom