U2 to release album of all new material this fall per L.A. Times

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camiloj

War Child
I dont think anyone noticed this little blurb in yesterdays L.A. Times but here it is. It says U2 will follow up ATYCLB with a A NEW STUDIO EFFORT SLATED FOR FALL and they will promote the disc with a primetime CBS broadcast of the SLANE show!

I ASSume a new studio effort means all new music, theyd day best of if they meant best of wouldnt they??

Here is the link, it is on the bottom of the page in Quick Takes. Can someone (hint hint Elvis) please confirm with the label if this is true???
http://www.calendarlive.com/top/1,1419,L-LATimes-Search-X!ArticleDetail-59996,00.html

------------------
Camilo Arenivar

Email: camiloarenivar@yahoo.com

Yahoo Messenger: u2la2000

[This message has been edited by U2LA (edited 05-23-2002).]

Not necessarily; the folks at the Times can be idiots. Especially if they only get their info from wire services. To read the LA Times, you'd hardly know our esteemed Treasury Secretary was in Africa.

------------------

You have fairly generic bunions. --my podiatrist, 4-11-02

Originally posted by martha:
the folks at the Times can be idiots.

icon30.gif
say it ain't so!

------------------
Anticipation is a liar.

Great if it is true but I think unlikely. My guess is they are mixing it up with the Best Of album that will have new tracks on it. They probebly read somewhere U2 will be releasing new music this fall. Which is true obviously.

We know Best Of is coming out this fall. I dont think they would release two albums at the same time. They wouldnt want to compete with themselves. The last I heard from a very credible source is that they are still working on material for the Best Of and that the new album wont be out until Fall 2003. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

BTW, with all the traveling Bono is doing, how in the heck does he have time to write and record a new album?

Am I the only one who's not freaking out about this? The way I see it, if we get to see a new album, great! But if not, we can just sit back and enjoy all their other stuff!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by wertsie:
Am I the only one who's not freaking out about this? The way I see it, if we get to see a new album, great! But if not, we can just sit back and enjoy all their other stuff!

Agree 100%

------------------
I'm on the road, but I've got no destination

Originally posted by wertsie:

i'm not freaking out.

im not freaking out either.

sources in early 99 said u2s next album would come out shortly.

october 31, 2000 was a long time away.

i doubt well get a new album until MAYBE next year.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

Any new material is good, BUT I agree with everyone else.. I'd bet they are just confused. Still, I can't wait until fall 2003.. hopefully they'll have a new album then.
biggrin.gif

------------------
I only smile in the dark

Popheart.org

Back
Top Bottom