U2 to record with P. Diddy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabby

Refugee
From news reports:

Legendary rock band U2 seems set to collaborate with the infamous 'bad boy 4 life' Sean Puffy Combs, aka P. Diddy. In an interview yesterday evening, The Edge explained: "Yes, when P. Diddy called, we thought this was a offer we couldn't refuse. It's a chance to explore a new sound, new ground for us." Edge smiled as he pulled his new rap style hat down over his ears, and pulled his baggy pants down over his new basketball shoes. "You see, we've been reading so much criticism on Interference.com about our last two albums, and how old and slow we are, we had to do something to shake up our image and sound."

But, Edge, the interviewer asked, are you willing to let a small handful of disgruntled fans who constantly complain determine the course of the band. Edge sighed. "Apparently we are no longer capable of that ourselves, so yes. We know that those fans on Interference must be the greatest and most knowedgeabe fans on earth, since they spend most of their lives discussing us on the computer." Does Edge think this will "fly?'

"I think so!" Bono chimed, playing with the huge, heavy gold chain around his neck, his hair in cornrows. "This will really surprise our fans! If they want to bitch about us, we'll show them how relevant we can really be!" Bono says he is looking forward to incorporating the new material into the next tour, and how they are going to add dancers, backup rappers and a scratching DJ. The set will be very rap. Eminem will open for them on all dates, and P. Diddy will join them at center stage for the main set halfway through the show.

"This is what U2 is all about" says Edge. "We are going to abandon all the old songs and only do this. When asked if he thought this would be a successful album and tour, he told us that he knew everyone on Interference would buy tickets, since some of them complain so much about the last two records they will love this, and others on the site are such followers they will love us regardless. Good Edge, you can count on about 50-100 fans then, and I hope they follow you from city to city sleeping on the sidewalk like last time.

The new U2/P.Diddy work will hit airwaves later this year, and a tour is planned for next summer.

I know that was how it was meant to be, I'm just saying...some people don't have that kinda sense of humor around here. Either that or they just like arguing a little too much.

Tabby said:
From news reports:

Legendary rock band U2 seems set to collaborate with the infamous 'bad boy 4 life' Sean Puffy Combs, aka P. Diddy. In an interview yesterday evening, The Edge explained: "Yes, when P. Diddy called, we thought this was a offer we couldn't refuse. It's a chance to explore a new sound, new ground for us." Edge smiled as he pulled his new rap style hat down over his ears, and pulled his baggy pants down over his new basketball shoes.

I didn't read further than this, but I have to say. OLD NEWS! I thought everybody knew that U2 already have collaborated with Sean Combs, back when he was Puff Daddy. I mean, he did remix Do You Feel Loved, from the Pop album.

So again, old news. Sorry.

C ya!

Marty (who keeps on hoping these two names will always only be used together in a parody)

Tabby said:
From news reports:

Legendary rock band U2 seems set to collaborate with the infamous 'bad boy 4 life' Sean Puffy Combs, aka P. Diddy. In an interview yesterday evening, The Edge explained: "Yes, when P. Diddy called, we thought this was a offer we couldn't refuse. It's a chance to explore a new sound, new ground for us." Edge smiled as he pulled his new rap style hat down over his ears, and pulled his baggy pants down over his new basketball shoes. "You see, we've been reading so much criticism on Interference.com about our last two albums, and how old and slow we are, we had to do something to shake up our image and sound."

But, Edge, the interviewer asked, are you willing to let a small handful of disgruntled fans who constantly complain determine the course of the band. Edge sighed. "Apparently we are no longer capable of that ourselves, so yes. We know that those fans on Interference must be the greatest and most knowedgeabe fans on earth, since they spend most of their lives discussing us on the computer." Does Edge think this will "fly?'

"I think so!" Bono chimed, playing with the huge, heavy gold chain around his neck, his hair in cornrows. "This will really surprise our fans! If they want to bitch about us, we'll show them how relevant we can really be!" Bono says he is looking forward to incorporating the new material into the next tour, and how they are going to add dancers, backup rappers and a scratching DJ. The set will be very rap. Eminem will open for them on all dates, and P. Diddy will join them at center stage for the main set halfway through the show.

"This is what U2 is all about" says Edge. "We are going to abandon all the old songs and only do this. When asked if he thought this would be a successful album and tour, he told us that he knew everyone on Interference would buy tickets, since some of them complain so much about the last two records they will love this, and others on the site are such followers they will love us regardless. Good Edge, you can count on about 50-100 fans then, and I hope they follow you from city to city sleeping on the sidewalk like last time.

The new U2/P.Diddy work will hit airwaves later this year, and a tour is planned for next summer.

I'll take P.Diddy anyday over Howie B who almost ruined U2's career!

Cheers,

J

dig tha part wid tha heavy goldin chain an ?em deeeetails bro!!!

"dis is wat u2s all about" heheeeee

Tabby said:
From news reports:

funniest thing EVER on this board.:up:

This is simply waaay to funny!! I actually was starting to believe it until I read on!! Please people don't give me a heart attack!:rant: :eeklaugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Excellent!

:lmao:

First when i saw the title, i thought "interesting - i was wondering how U2 would sound rap & R&B style", but when i read on...

I'm still really pissed off at what P. Diddy did to "Every Breath You Take."

I wonder what Larry and Adam had to say about it :evil:

:lol: :laugh: :lol: :laugh: :lol: @
Bono chimed, playing with the huge, heavy gold chain around his neck, his hair in cornrows

:up: Tabby

Saracene said:
I can't wait for the rap remix of JT Bono promised us. "Da Muthas Of Da Disappeared", here it comes!

LOLOLOLOLOL:up:

other remixes ahead:

1. "Electrical Bill (ain't gonna pay da)"
2. "Stuck in a crackhouse"
3. "Where da streets gots ma name spraypainted all ova dat muthafucka"
4. "I still haven't found da nigga dat stole my bike"
5. "Running to xcape da po-lice"

peace out yo.:dance:

JOFO said:

LOLOLOLOLOL:up:

other remixes ahead:

1. "Electrical Bill (ain't gonna pay da)"
2. "Stuck in a crackhouse"
3. "Where da streets gots ma name spraypainted all ova dat muthafucka"
4. "I still haven't found da nigga dat stole my bike"
5. "Running to xcape da po-lice"

peace out yo.:dance:

LMAO!!!!! :lmao: :laugh:ROTF!!!! :eeklaugh:

I was thinking that if they did do the old stuff they would rework it all into that style! Thanks, I'm so glad you all took it as funny, because that's how it was meant to be! :D

speedracer said:
I'm still really pissed off at what P. Diddy did to "Every Breath You Take."

Mmmm... can you say "With or Without You" Diddy remix? :ohmy: :macdevil: :lol:

BWAHAHAHA! You really had me going there for a while, Tabby. I thought it was really true and my face looked like this :ohmy: - until you mentioned the part about Bono in cornrows. Then I finally figured out it was a joke. Whew! I'm so gullible, sometimes it scares me.

LMAO!!! Tabby, that's priceless! I love having fun with U2 along with the seriousness. But sometimes I think we are too serious. This sort of thing saves the situation. I LOVE IT!!! LONG LIVE U2 JOKES AND FUN! If there was a "lesson" with ZooTV this was it.:laugh: :laugh: :lmao: :lmao: :evil: :censored:

verte76 said:
LMAO!!! Tabby, that's priceless! I love having fun with U2 along with the seriousness. But sometimes I think we are too serious. This sort of thing saves the situation. I LOVE IT!!! LONG LIVE U2 JOKES AND FUN! If there was a "lesson" with ZooTV this was it.:laugh: :laugh: :lmao::evil: :censored:

LOL! But what a horrible thought! :shocked: :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom