U2 to quit??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and the fact bono has been saying "stick with us" and "this is only the begging" etc makes this look even more wrong,

phew i am now starting to convince myself

GibsonGirl said:

I think you are. By the way, I'm listening to Echo And The Bunnymen's "Do It Clean" right now, and looking at your location. Any connection between the two, or is it just a giant coincidence? :wink:

P.S. - 5,000th post. :drool:

5000 :applaud:

I got it from the Beatles song :wink:

Last edited:
Bono quit....I don't think so...and I get the impression he would't leave the others alone even if they wanted it. I can just see Bono at their door everyday with a new idea, a new melody.....u2 quit...nah

Zootlesque said:
Seriously... I think they need a break for a year or 2 maybe so they can seek out fresh ideas and get inspiration from something new and interesting!

I think they took a quite long break last time (2001-2004), I don't need another break like that :grumpy:

I can’t believe some people are taking this shit seriously. It’s made up gossip. Plus the title says one thing and the article says another and it doesn’t even says anything new. The band always takes time between the ending of their tours and the new album and they always do some small “solo” projects and collaborations. As a matter of fact I have a feeling that this time the next album is not even going to take as long to be released as HTDAAB. U2 went straight into the studio when the Elevation tour was over, the idea, as far as I remember, was to release it as soon as it was over (Elevation was a short tour afterall), it took them more time on that record because of the change of producers and the decision to write more songs. I think this time, like before, they will also go back to the studio as soon as the tour is over and start writing a new record. I don’t think it will take as long as the last one. They will take their time to stay with their families, like they always do, do some little things here and there (Spider Man musical?) and then will release the new record. The band is as strong as ever! And believe me when I say that they will come out even stronger from this tour when it’s over after they sell out all of those many stadium shows here in South America and in Australia! They will feel the love like they did at the end of Popmart Tour and get back to the studio full of energy! There’s no doubt on my mind about that!

Geez. *hand to forehead*
The band keeps making repeated comments on how they still have good music left in them and how they are already thinking about the next album in article after article from respectable sources, yet still people freak out about the band falling apart when some tabloid prints a crazy headline with huge letters about the band quitting.

What will it take for people to believe the band when they say they're not going anywhere?

U2dork said:
What will it take for people to believe the band when they say they're not going anywhere?

Well, if you take everything that Bono says literally, for example, "This album is gonna be rock and roll from Mars," I think we'd go insane. But, I don't believe tabloids, they just make things up to stir up the pot.

36286.gif

Read the article over again. It actually just describes the typical time in between U2 albums. There is no difference in what that article is describing to what they did in between Pop/Popmart & ATYCLB, or ATYCLB/Elevation & HTDAAB. "U2 will take an extended break and do their own thing for a while after the tour before they get back together again and do something U2" - that's not news! We all damn well know they're going to do that and we're not going to get a new album before 2008. Tabloids are very good at presenting truthful news, but presenting it in an over the top way that makes it read like something completely different. I'm sure the 4 band members are ready to kill each other - it seems to happen on every tour - and everyone is worn out, but read it again, nothing there that wouldn't be expected...

Last edited:
They even got the things the band's gonna do from previous tour breaks.

Bono will do politics.
Edge will do something music-related.
Adam will travel.
Nobody knows what Larry does.

Maybe they really are planning to do all those things again, but the article kinda looks like a cut-and-paste job from a whole bunch of previous U2-related articles.

Well, after reading this article it's obvious that U2 are not breaking up, as most of us realize. I actually don't think U2 will ever officially break up. They could go years, (a decade even, parish the thought) without doing anything as a band, but I don't think they will ever, em, dismantle. U2 have generally passed the stage where they would break up because of the usual reasons--money, ego, in-fighting. They could retire amicably, but I think that the temptation to get back together at some point would be too strong.

Lemonfix said:
They could go years, (a decade even, parish the thought) without doing anything as a band, but I don't think they will ever, em, dismantle.

like Pink Floyd is doing right now? :rant:

I don't have time to read all this, I have homework to do, but will someone please tell me that "U2 to quit" is total and utter crap.

PLEASE.

COBL_04 said:
I don't have time to read all this, I have homework to do, but will someone please tell me that "U2 to quit" is total and utter crap.

PLEASE.

It's total and utter crap.

I'm really excited that U2 are touring Australia next year, but I seriously don't expect them to tour here ever again. And unless they rediscover their drive, their excitement, their inspiration, I don't hold out too much hope for their next records.

I don't feel that indefinable "something" in their music anymore.:|

Just my opinion

Kinda scary! :sad:

And their reasons for the "extended break" make sense. We know that it's just impossible for Bono to keep holding 2 world famous jobs (megastar and active humanitarian) simultaneously. He needs to put one on hold to pursue the other. And Edge, ever the musician, it'd seem reasonable that he wants to try out some other genres of music. And the lovely, gorgeous Adam... it's a known fact he loves to travel!

I hope they give Australia a good show still. I know they're tired, but they own it to the Aussies for bypassing Aust in the Elavation tour (right? I wouldn't know. I wasn't a fan then)

Don't they take a 'break' at the end of every world tour?

What a load of bollocks

blueeyedgirl said:
I'm really excited that U2 are touring Australia next year, but I seriously don't expect them to tour here ever again. And unless they rediscover their drive, their excitement, their inspiration, I don't hold out too much hope for their next records.

I don't feel that indefinable "something" in their music anymore.:|

Just my opinion
i agree.

another reason why the story is total crap, when willie williams left the tour, and bono said "we dont think he will be gone for good"

theres too much going against the story for it to even be true

Val said:
Bono quit....I don't think so...and I get the impression he would't leave the others alone even if they wanted it. I can just see Bono at their door everyday with a new idea, a new melody.....u2 quit...nah
I can see it now too.

Larry: Bono, leave me alone! I'm tired of hitting things... but if you don't stop bothering me, I'm going to start hitting you.

Back
Top Bottom