U2 to play several tracks in London tonight!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can someone tell me why the URL "u-2-to-u-r-.-d-e" can´t be shown in my posts?? Kinda weird...

Whatever, they´re telling there that they knew someone who is taping the show! :drool:

and they finished off with a new song - the chorus was Bono singing "aren't you so beautiful?" (something like that) and singing at one point "what happened to the beauty inside of me?"...sounds like a great one! Then he finished the show by saying "See you in the summer!"

So that's definetly City of Blinding Lights, then. :up:

Also don't forget someone mentioned they played a "semi-slow song" a few minutes before the main set (to warm up the crowd, perhaps), so I'm still hoping for Miracle Drug.

Grandmaster jc said:

Where did you listen to them? How can you post, and at the same time listen to them live?

Because my best friend was there and held up her cell phone for me! They played 2 new songs, Vertigo, Desire, Mystery Girl, and a new one where Bono sang "aren't you so beautiful" in the chorus....I could be forgetting one but I don't think so...I tried to type it as it went on...

Mates in London confirmed it, there shouldn't be anything wrong with the setlist...

I think we'll get to see the Vertigo Video/mp3 very soon. Also the rest of the stuff apparently has also been taped and filmed! So shouldn't be too long til we hear the new tunes...

Soulrock2 said:

You are sure or just collected the ones mentioned in this thread?

ladywithspinninghead said:

Because my best friend was there and held up her cell phone for me! They played 2 new songs, Vertigo, Desire, Mystery Girl, and a new one where Bono sang "aren't you so beautiful" in the chorus....I could be forgetting one but I don't think so...I tried to type it as it went on...

Thank you!:wink:

Soulrock2 said:

You are sure or just collected the ones mentioned in this thread?

well, if they were collected from this thread (from me anyhow) they're accurate because I was posting as I was hearing them. Yes, I can have the phone on one ear and type at the same time!!

And before Vertigo, they played 2 new ones, including ABOY...Not sure what the first one was....

I don't know, City of Blinding Lights is almost six minutes long. I find it hard to believe they would play that live.

German: U2 bestritten heute abend ihren lange erwarteten Auftritt bei der englischen Musiksendung Top of the Pops. Selbiger fand auf einem Parkplatz vor dem BBC-Gebäude statt. Auf dem Parkplatz selbst waren ca. 200 Zuschauer anwesend und vor den Toren hat sich noch einmal ungefähr 500 Fans versammelt. Während des Soundchecks spielte die Band Vertigo, All because of you und City of Blinding Lights. Zur eigentlichen Sendung erschien Bono dann mit Lederjacke und Cowboyhut, während Edge mal wieder ganz in Jeans gekleidet war. Larry überraschte mit einem langen Mantel über dem obligatorischen T-Shirt. U2 spielten zu erst Vertigo und All because of you. Danach spielten sie unerwartet Desire und zwei Strophen von Mystery Girl, welches Roy Orbison gewidmet wurde und bei dem Bono Mühe hatte sich an die zweite Strophe zu erinnern. Ihren kurzen Set beschlossen sie dann wiederum mit City of blinding Lights.

google translate: U2 denied this evening their long expected appearance during the English music transmission Top OF the Pops. Selbiger took place on a parking lot before the BBC building. On the parking lot were present approx. 200 spectators and before the gates again approximately 500 fans met. During the sound check the volume Vertigo, universe played because OF you and town center OF Blinding Lights. For actual transmission Bono appeared then with leather jacket and cowboy hat, while Edge was dressed again completely times in Jeans. Larry surprised with a long coat over the mandatory t-Shirt. U2 played too only Vertigo and universe because OF you. Afterwards they played unexpectedly the Irish and two strophen of Mystery Girl, which Roy Orbison was dedicated and with the Bono to trouble had itself of the second strophe to remind. They decided their short set then again with town center OF blinding Lights.

U2 bestritten heute abend ihren lange erwarteten Auftritt bei der englischen Musiksendung Top of the Pops. Selbiger fand auf einem Parkplatz vor dem BBC-Gebäude statt. Auf dem Parkplatz selbst waren ca. 200 Zuschauer anwesend und vor den Toren hat sich noch einmal ungefähr 500 Fans versammelt. Während des Soundchecks spielte die Band Vertigo, All because of you und City of Blinding Lights. Zur eigentlichen Sendung erschien Bono dann mit Lederjacke und Cowboyhut, während Edge mal wieder ganz in Jeans gekleidet war. Larry überraschte mit einem langen Mantel über dem obligatorischen T-Shirt. U2 spielten zu erst Vertigo und All because of you. Danach spielten sie unerwartet Desire und zwei Strophen von Mystery Girl, welches Roy Orbison gewidmet wurde und bei dem Bono Mühe hatte sich an die zweite Strophe zu erinnern. Ihren kurzen Set beschlossen sie dann wiederum mit City of blinding Lights.

anyone can translate?

ok thanks... i'm very excited now. A friend of mine is over there... I wanna hear his story!

From u2tour[dot]de:

U2 bestritten heute abend ihren lange erwarteten Auftritt bei der englischen Musiksendung Top of the Pops. Selbiger fand auf einem Parkplatz vor dem BBC-Gebäude statt. Auf dem Parkplatz selbst waren ca. 200 Zuschauer anwesend und vor den Toren hat sich noch einmal ungefähr 500 Fans versammelt. Während des Soundchecks spielte die Band Vertigo, All because of you und City of Blinding Lights. Zur eigentlichen Sendung erschien Bono dann mit Lederjacke und Cowboyhut, während Edge mal wieder ganz in Jeans gekleidet war. Larry überraschte mit einem langen Mantel über dem obligatorischen T-Shirt. U2 spielten zu erst Vertigo und All because of you. Danach spielten sie unerwartet Desire und zwei Strophen von Mystery Girl, welches Roy Orbison gewidmet wurde und bei dem Bono Mühe hatte sich an die zweite Strophe zu erinnern. Ihren kurzen Set beschlossen sie dann wiederum mit City of blinding Lights.

And according to my friend Edge was wearing his toque (of course!) and Bono was wearing his glasses, a cowboy hat, black pants and a furry coat but took the coat off towards the end which resulted in lots of screaming from the girls in the crowd!

It would be too difficult to give a proper assessment of how it sounded because my friend is in London and I'm in Canada (that will be one heck of a phone bill!!!) but she said it sounded good; it was her first U2 "concert" so she's very excited.. Vertigo sounded fantastic live, though - that much I could make out!! And the crowd loved it and they sang along to Desire...And Mystery Girl was just Bono singing, no on else.

According to her, within the enclosed area, there were only about 150 people and maybe 100 outside the fence (or vice-versa, I forget) but quite intimate anyhow!

Last edited:
@maxpouliot:
I can try. It says that there were about 700 fans around.
Bono did wear a cowboy-hat and a leather jacket, while edge came in jeans and larry had a long coat on.
They played Vertigo, Desire and Mystery Girl, but Bono didn´t know all the words from it. At the end they played City of blinding lights.

So, not really new stuff in the article.

Back
Top Bottom