U2 to play Medley of songs at VMA's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Bonochick:
Old Bush or new?
smile.gif

Anheuser-Bush
biggrin.gif

The Rolling stones in 1994 when given a lifetime achievement award at the mtv music awards played a medley set as well. They did a minute from 3 of their best tunes (i believe start me up was one of them) and then they performed the full version of their latest single at the time "Love Is Strong". I gueses U2 will probably do something similar. I don't exactly think they would fly 5 hours to NYC just to perform older material and pick up a crap award that means nothing at the end of the day............ Just my opinion

Of course they won't be opening the show. A U2 medley would have to be the closing number, since what in the world could possibly follow it? Well, maybe Britney doing another striptease....but what MUSICAL act could possibly follow it?

Walk away walk away
Walk away walk away
What could follow?

------------------
They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three
And you're turning tricks
With your crucifix
You're a star

"I can't watch a man sing a song. He gets all emotional, he starts swaying...it's embarrassing!" -- Jerry Seinfeld

Regardless of what they do on the VMA's, I'm just going to revel in the fact that U2 will probably steal the show again like they did at the VH1 My Music Awards.

I mean really, none of the other acts that are scheduled are anywhere near being on the same level. I mean really: Nsync? J-lo? Linkin Park? Missy Elliott? I know that if I was any of those groups, I'd be EXTREMELY intimidated knowing U2 was going to perform.

------------------
"Yeah, we'll shine like stars in the summer night, we'll shine like stars in the winter night. One heart, one hope, one love."

I'm not really a medley fan. Hoping that it may be just an ATYCLB medley. Elevation, BD, Stuck, Walk On....

that would be cool

DAMN I need to get cable by Thursday! SHIT! I am in a new apartment and dont have cable.

OOOOOHH but my best friend down the hall has satellite and can record it for me live cuz he may get the East Coast feed! YAY....

OH and the medley is fine by me, very very cool.

The U2 cover band here in L.A. does a neat thing with Streets, they blend it in to Beautiful Day and it works really well. I think U2 could do that and add Elevation. Who knows, I am sure it will be awesome for U2 fans that are fans of U2, not what they want U2 to be...or think U2 used to be that they arent anymore. Whatever about that shite, lets just let the boys play and enjoy!

Really what U2 should do is this:

Come out and play the intro to BD, then kick right into Bullet.

Then as the 3rd verse comes up and Bono begins his speech he should verbally address the entire pop/rock situation, and in his brilliant words, he should tell kids that there are better groups than Creed and Limp Bizkit, and that 10 years ago U2 released an album called Achtung Baby, at the same time there were 2 other notable releases, Pearl Jam Ten and Nirvana Nevermind.............

well I dont have any particular speech I think he should give, but he definitely could tell these poor kids who think that their music is original isnt. For every late 90's, 2000/2001 popular band you can name, I can name one they are ripping off. As I'm sure alot of you could.

The POINT Is that there is a Kurt Cobain/ Paul Hewson/ Gordon Sumner/ Eddie Mueller/ Micheal Stipe out there in a garage somewhere and maybe they need to be pushed and for the biggest band in the world to say something like that would be incredible.

To have Mr. Hewson address this to the largest crowd to witness a musical event anywhere this year it would be cool.

------------------

If they play a medley, they're just asking for people to look at them as old rockers whose time has come and gone, digging into their archives of 1980's and 1990's hits.

Please don't do this U2. Just play Elevation and make everyone happy.

Back
Top Bottom