U2 to perform at the Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true... please excuse me while I stab my eyes out with a blunt rusty poker.

If this is true... please excuse me while I stab my eyes out with a blunt rusty poker.

Agreed.

The JONAS BROTHERS??????

What the fuck. Seriously. This is ridiculous.

They're not nominated. And IMO they need to keep the honour to themselves. Perform at the Brits, where they share the bill with decent artist. Keep the Grammy's for a year when there are decent artists around.

Please let this be fake.

Just because they're not nominated doesn't mean they cannot perform. I think it would be really great if they opened the show with their new single. After all, the Grammys are the biggest musical award show. And if you think the lineup is bad, go and look at the German Echo awards, they are just awful.

I'm not a fan of acts that perform at awards shows where their music wasn't even nominated for any awards.

It kind of screams blatant promo to me.

It will be cool to hear them play live....thats always cool...but I've criticized other bands for doing stuff like that so it would be kind of hypocritical for me to change my stance just because its U2 doing it. I don't like it one bit.

Of course they'd be doing it for promotion. They aren't nominated for Echo and Brit awards either, but these are big shows, so of course U2 would perform there. But I really want to see other promo performances as well.

what if they just threw us a curveball and played the entire album live to start the grammys? :wink:

From U2.com:

Grammy Performance Next Month
U2 will play at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles next month.

The 51st annual Grammy Awards take place on February 8th and there's plenty of other great acts lined up including Kid Rock, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Rihanna, Coldplay, Jennifer Hudson, Lil Wayne, Paul McCartney, Radiohead and Jay-Z.

It will air on CBS from 8–11:30 p.m. (ET/PT). More here.

The band have already confirmed they'll be performing the new single ‘Get On Your Boots’ at the UK's BRIT Awards at London's Earls Court, ten days later on Wednesday 18 February. And a few days after that they'll be in Berlin to play at Germany's ECHO Awards

I hate awards shows but at least I will hear some live U2 in just over a week!

looks like it will start at 4:00 a.m. CET if I'm right:crack: Nevermind, will wake up at that time

I hope they play something besides GOYB.

It would be kind of crappy of them to play it after The Brits have been advertising all over the place that they would have the first live performance.

still better than If they would play Pride and One..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom