U2 to perform at the Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
with Radiohead and Coldplay performing, I'd imagine u2 feels a little competition for the "biggest band" bullshit...i don't think they would perform anything they are no totally comfortable with...it would be a disaster if they were completely upstaged by those other bands, especially with the new album coming out.

I think playing any part of Vertigo tonight would be a huge mistake. U2's got the prime lead-off spot and breaking out a song that's more than 4-years old looks bad when they've got a new album coming out in less than a month. It makes it seem like they don't have confidence in their new material.

This...

No, jon is right. Playing Vertigo would be a terrible idea. That would easily be the most unjustified performance, not only of their career, but possibly ever.

...and this

it would be a disaster if they were completely upstaged by those other bands, especially with the new album coming out.

Yeah, like that is going to happen. They have only been giving live shows for thirty years:doh:.

U2 NOT HAPPY WITH BOOTS PERFORMANCE! DELAY THE GRAMMYS!

Playing Vertigo is a horrible idea. Plus it was already played at the Grammys before wasn't it?

They will play Vertigo????:huh: I think i shouldn't see Grammy this year/:huh:
:reject:

I'm starting to really doubt the Vertigo rumor. No way in hell! They've already played that song at the Grammy's and it's the past. I agree it would be some sort of disaster if they would play Vertigo just because they feel they are too under-rehearsed to play GOYB.

People have been waiting for the album for 4 years. Playing an old tune is NOT the way to put yourself in the spotlight again. Even for U2.

Grammy Rehearsal

Long time lurker but have to comment...I was lucky enough to be at the rehearsal last night...what an AMAZING night! but no Vertigo to be heard...just 5-6 rounds of STRONG, HARD, ROCKING GOYB with super cool graphics behind (wont say what as dont want to be a spoiler)...the band was in GREAT form and Bono was ON...no glasses as already mentioned and tons of black eyeliner (not sharpie)...there were only about 60 people in the entire venue (holds 16,000) and it sounded GREAT!!

That said, i have been to other U2 rehearsals where they didnt rehearse EVERYTHING, so it is entirely possible they may throw in Vertigo too, but highly unlikely...

Long time lurker but have to comment...I was lucky enough to be at the rehearsal last night...what an AMAZING night! but no Vertigo to be heard...just 5-6 rounds of STRONG, HARD, ROCKING GOYB with super cool graphics behind (wont say what as dont want to be a spoiler)...the band was in GREAT form and Bono was ON...no glasses as already mentioned and tons of black eyeliner (not sharpie)...there were only about 60 people in the entire venue (holds 16,000) and it sounded GREAT!!

That said, i have been to other U2 rehearsals where they didnt rehearse EVERYTHING, so it is entirely possible they may throw in Vertigo too, but highly unlikely...

Nice! Thanks for delurking for us.

Great news, thanks...

and welcome :wave:

AWESOME POST!! I was starting to worry, but now I realize that they are professionals. Can't wait for tonight!!!!

Thank you for coming out of lurkdom!!!

May I ask what line of work allows you this privil-Edge?

lurking

this board has provided me with so much useful info over the years, just felt it was time to share...by the way, didnt hear a peep about vertigo but again, you never know...the band is opening the show so make sure to tune in on time for the opening...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom