U2 to join Madison Square Garden at McCartney's gala-which song will they play?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
they played Walk on on Tribute to heroes, so maybe they'll try something else this time.

my favorite would be Kite. or Stuck in a moment.

ps: *ahem* the title should be "U2 to join McCartney's gala at MSG", right? typo...
------------------
"be uncool, yes be awkward" - Always

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-28-2001).]

I've heard that rather than a gala-type event, it's going to be a Live Aid type event. If that's the case, we may get a whole set from them and not just one song.

- andy

Walk On or One - if they're just playing one song.
If it's like Live Aid (15 minute set) I would guess something like:
1)Pride (or Stuck)
2)Peace On Earth-Walk On
3)One-Wake Up Dead Man

Yeah, I heard this being referred to as "Live Aid 2." Kind of makes me a liitle uneasy, given the goal of the original Live Aid. Just seems a bit umseemly for a country as wealthy as ours to be getting all these benefit/charity shows, etc. when there's so much poverty, disease and despair in Africa and much of the rest of the world.

It made me a bit uneasy at first also. But then I thought, if America doesn't really bond together and heal from this things could get really bad in our nation and the economy could really slump and if that happens then the rest of the world will be in even more trouble. So keeping us healthy not only helps America but the rest of the world also.

i just remembered i read somewhere the whole thing lasts 3 hours. no gala is THAT long.

woooo...maybe we do get more than 1 song after all.
smile.gif

------------------
"be uncool, yes be awkward" - Always

It made me a bit uneasy at first also. But then I thought, if America doesn't really bond together and heal from this things could get really bad in our nation and the economy could really slump and if that happens then the rest of the world will be in even more trouble. So keeping us healthy not only helps America but the rest of the world also.
So true, and yet don't you think we're capable of keeping ourselves healthy. Are these global telethons/benefit shows necessary? I heard China donated several million dollars during that tribute telethon. Pretty weird when you think about the Chinese working for pennies in sweat shops to manufacture American flags...not to mention the whole human rights situation there.

Well actually I heard it on Leno last night from Cuba Gooding Jr. who talked extensively about the tribute telethon(he was one of the celebs answering phone calls). I don't think he meant the Chinese government, but individual Chinese citizens(?). Still quite bizarre, but a testament to the extreme generosity and humanity of the Chinese people...having so little, yet giving so much to a country that has more than it needs. Unless of course Cuba was just talking out his ass.

Back
Top Bottom