U2 tickets on sale?..obvious stuff but..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeIsTooSexy

ONE love, blood, life
NEW @U2 BEWARE OF 2009 U2 TOUR TICKETS FOR SALE
July 28, 2008
posted by: sherry
An alert @U2 reader pointed us in the direction of a ticket broker in the Netherlands apparently selling tickets to two U2 concerts allegedly on July 9 and 10, 2009 at De Kuip in Rotterdam. Neither Live Nation, U2 or Principle Management have made any official tour annoucements. Do not buy tickets from any source for a tour that has not been confirmed. If you see any other brokers selling tickets for U2, please let us know.

OK, I let you know: The advertisement is on top of the page as I'm writing this. It has been there for about a month now. I guess most people have realised already that this is a bluff.

I did notice the very ad on for this gigs on THIS SITE:doh: Think the mods would have removed it!

It has been appearing on Myspace too for sometime.

yea I noticed that... and I sincerely DOUBT U2 would play in de kuip... they haven't played there in a long time (zootv iirc) and I would assume they'd play the Amsterdam Arena again...

and it would help if a tour was announced before they started selling tickets :wink:

Yes, on top of this website!

Tickets4U.eu

they sell tickets for U2 concerts in De Kuip, Rotterdam, 9 and 10 July.
but they are not teh only one.
also www. budgetticket.nl, www. onlineticketshop.nl, www. stadiontickets.nl and www. 4ALLtickets.nl sell tickets for these 'concerts'. I emailed the latter and they answered me by saying they know this from a very reliable source and therefore started selling already...? (they even have an official address: Oostzeedijk 318, 3063 CC Rotterdam, Nederland).
Don't trust it! It's a shame that these things are allowed. Furthermore, it's indeed unlikely they will perform in Rotterdam (although this would be great! Best sound!!!).

But also for Amsterdam concert (June 19) tickets are offered by the following websites: www. easytickets.eu/U2 and www. stadiontickets.nl
.........:down:

yea I noticed that... and I sincerely DOUBT U2 would play in de kuip... they haven't played there in a long time (zootv iirc) and I would assume they'd play the Amsterdam Arena again...

and it would help if a tour was announced before they started selling tickets :wink:

The last time U2 played Feyenoord Stadium was on 18 & 19 July 1997 to be correct. And I really hope that, should they do a stadium tour, that they play Feyenoord Stadium again, as the sound in the Amsterdam Arena is horrible.

I did notice the very ad on for this gigs on THIS SITE:doh: Think the mods would have removed it!

It has been appearing on Myspace too for sometime.

We don't have much control over the ads, its a rotating google ad that changes depending on what topics are being discussed in the threads.

The last time U2 played Feyenoord Stadium was on 18 & 19 July 1997 to be correct. And I really hope that, should they do a stadium tour, that they play Feyenoord Stadium again, as the sound in the Amsterdam Arena is horrible.

true, but they seem to prefer amsterdam... were really fond of it... then ofcourse, before that they played Arnhem, bet nobody expected that either!

:wink: amsterdam is closer to me so I'd prefer it too, bad sound or not!

I don't know how they prefer Amsterdam, Vertigo was 15 years after their last slot there. Btw the sound during the last Bruce Springsteen concert in the Arena was excellent.

And even if they prefer de Kuip, wasn't there a flaw in the structure of the stadium that the audience considered a feature? :)
Nah, I don't think they'll try that again until that bug has been fixed. :sad:

POP Tour '97 was at the Kuip in Rotterdam; a great place for rock concerts. However, MOJO-concertc (Promotor) in Holland has obviously had a deal with the Amsterdam Arena over the last 10 years. All big names played the Amsterdam Arena; however U2 played the Gelredome in Arnhem during ELEVATION, so there might be hope for U2 shows in Rotterdam next year..
We'll wait and see....

POP Tour '97 was at the Kuip in Rotterdam; a great place for rock concerts. However, MOJO-concertc (Promotor) in Holland has obviously had a deal with the Amsterdam Arena over the last 10 years. All big names played the Amsterdam Arena; however U2 played the Gelredome in Arnhem during ELEVATION, so there might be hope for U2 shows in Rotterdam next year..
We'll wait and see....

Elevation Tour was done in arenas, with 3 shows originally planed in a Utrech arena, then moved to a small stadium in Arnhem due to enormous demand.

Vox

Elevation Tour was done in arenas, with 3 shows originally planed in a Utrech arena, then moved to a small stadium in Arnhem due to enormous demand.

That and because the roof in the hall in Utrecht was apparently too low for their lights.

U2 warns fans of fake ticket sales

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

U2 warns fans of fake ticket sales
U2 has issued a statement warning fans not to buy any tickets that are being advertised for future shows by the group, according to NME.com. The post at the band's official web site is reportedly a response to a wave of false reports about tickets going on sale for upcoming U2 shows. The statement said, "Just a note to correct reports that tickets are becoming available for planned U2 shows. The reports are mistaken. There are no tour dates for the band at the moment -- so please don't buy tickets for U2 shows you see advertised."

U2 has been in the studio for the past several months working on its next album, which is tentatively slated for release later in the year.

There has been no word yet on a title, exact arrival date or tour plans for the disc, which will follow up 2004's How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

In other news, a man named Aaron With has launched an Internet campaign to get U2 singer Bono to retire. According to Spinner.com, With has organized an online petition to have Bono stand down in order to "stop (his) leading misguided counter-productive philanthropy efforts."

With is asking for donations to keep his cause going, which he says he will donate to charity if and when Bono takes his advice.

I don't know how they prefer Amsterdam, Vertigo was 15 years after their last slot there. Btw the sound during the last Bruce Springsteen concert in the Arena was excellent.

And even if they prefer de Kuip, wasn't there a flaw in the structure of the stadium that the audience considered a feature? :)
Nah, I don't think they'll try that again until that bug has been fixed. :sad:

in plenty of interviews they've given, mostly Bono always said that they have a special relationship with amsterdam, since it was the first dutch city they visited... and that it's his favourite dutch city...

:hmm: never heard about that bug,... I wonder what that's about!

Back
Top Bottom