U2 things that you like but everyone else hates.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chickadee said:
I love Electrical Storm! Especially the video *cough*

I like the video for Samantha Morton, me thinks you like it for a certain other person:wink:

Songs:

I Threw A Brick Through A Window
Like A Song
Two Hearts Beat As One
Trip Through Your Wires
Love Rescue Me (and every other studio track on R&H)
So Cruel
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car (especially the live version)
Some Days Are Better Than Others
Miami
The Playboy Mansion
When I Look At The World

I also love lots of their remixes (as long as it's not a dance remix)
I also don't really mind the reworked versions of SATS/Numb/Gone/Discotheque that were done for the Best of 1990-2000 (I don't like them more than the originals, but I think I like them just as much)

Videos:

Even Better Than The Real Thing (the Armando Gallo & Kampah version)
Until The End of The World (the non-live video)
Love Is Blindness (I don't know that people don't like it, but not that many people have seen it)

Other:

The look of the band during the Pop era (with the exception of the stage costumes)
Adam's beard during the TUF era
Bono's scruffy lounge lizard look during the 1994-1995 era

1. ATYCLB and HTDAAB - I think these are two very good albums, not their very best, ala JT and AB, but not the worst either. I do think that a few of their best songs are on these last two albums. It drives me nuts when people crap on these albums and go on and on about how U2 have sold out, etc. Give me a break!

2. Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix) - I don't know why, I just like this song. It is moody and atmospheric and I can listen to it almost anytime.

3. The Playboy Mansion and Miami - TPM is sly little song with kind of a cool, laid-back vibe to it. It seems very much like an L.A. song. Like Miami, TPM is very different from anything U2 have done before. Miami itself is an oddity, but I kind of like it. I wouldn't want U2 to do a lot of songs like it, but on it's own, it's kind of cool.

LJT said:

I like the video for Samantha Morton, me thinks you like it for a certain other person:wink:

*looks around innocently* I wouldn't have the faintest idea who you're talking about...

Back
Top Bottom