U2: The Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
If they were to ever make a U2 movie much in the style of 'Ray' or 'Walk the Line' I was thinking, what would be in it? What musicial performances would be reenacted in it? So I'm opening the floor to all of yous.

I don't think this will happen until their deaths. :sad:

Live Aid in 85' would be the turning point of this movie. But like any biopic, it would focus on the personal lives of the band like early on when Adam was an outsider for a while. Or the Achtung Baby sessions in Berlin, lots of stories there.

This film won't be made for a long time to come so there are probably events still to come which we could include.

Red Rocks
Live Aid
Zoo TV - anywhere where they did the Sarajevo linkup
PopMart Vegas - specifically the blown numbers
Slane Castle

I think it'd be hard to do them justice with one film. You'd need a whole series.
But I guess that's the same with any artist with a long career. I loved the movie Ray, but I'm only a part-time fan of his -- If I'd been hardcore, I probably would have been a bit disappointed and complained they left out a lot of key events or abbreviated certain parts of his life.

You know, I almost started a similar thread.

If you're talking full-length movie, you would have to pick a time period and just focus on that, I would suggest the following options:

Early years (like high school until War.)
ZooTv (Basically we make Bill Flanagan's book into a movie :drool: )

Another option would to be a multi-part series, most likely on (Irish?) TV.

The fact is, it would be impossible to make a U2 movie. Unless you like multiple intermissions in your movies. :wink:

In the early '90s there was a short-lived TV series about Elvis' very early years. I never managed to catch an episode before it got canceled, but I heard it was pretty good.

I could see a TV series like that focusing on the early years of U2, when they were still in high school getting started, and maybe beyond high school and into the early 1980s if the series lasted long enough.

The question is would everybody from Interference go to see a movie about U2...how much interest would it have here :)

I can't think of it...
Impossible to imagine who could play Adam's part...

But yes, NY post 9/11 & Sarajevo must be there!

As long as they don't make it like Spinal Tap, I'm all for it :wink:

They should do the story on all of their career or The Zoo days

Back
Top Bottom