U2 The Complete Encyclopedia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't wait to get it!!!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

How many pages? How is it organized? What type of info? How many pictures? No color pictures?!?! Shed a little more light on whats in it.

So I got my copy today. It has an awful lot of entries but nothing really new. I guess it's good to have everything in one place though. I sure wish they would've put some color pictures in there!

Where did you get it? I ordered mine a month ago and they told me it wouldn't be in until the 19th!

------------------
~~~Who's to know where the wind will take you~~~

The main part of the book has 237 pages + there is an appendix of 50 more pages including tour dates, discography and reference information. The book is OK, I think it can be really useful for a U2 fan. Drawbacks are poor quality B&W pictures although there are some realy interesting pictures there (including previous tours posters and tickets, pictures of the places U2 grew in like their houses or their school). The book has lots of information about people that have worked with U2 over the years or have influenced their career in some way. It also has info on each song U2 have written including promotional video information, single releases and origins of the song. Even if you know so much stuff about U2 there's bound to be lots of info in the book that you didn't know of. There is much more information in there than what I said including places U2 have played a conert at or stuff they have done.

I think this book could have been better but it's still a good attempt and a must-have.

Voxson

Someone in another forum asked me if this is an updated version of the original U2 Encyclopedia. I didn't know there was an original one. Anybody have any info on this?

No, this is a brand new one written by someone else. They even updated the picture on the cover to an Elevation concert shot while it was being written and the author held out sending it to the publisher because he wanted to wait to include Slane pics and notes.

Back
Top Bottom