U2 The Best 1990 - 2004 (Have a look)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
Aw the Asian bootleg market does wonders lol

U2-Boy-Best-2a.JPG

U2-Boy-Best-2c.JPG

I find it rather odd that they grouped all of those good songs with a bunch of shitty B-sides on the second disc. It doesn't look as though much thought went into the tracklisting...

What a waste of an effort to put on two extra songs.

Nice burn on the band though GibsonGirl.

:sexywink:

GibsonGirl said:
I find it rather odd that they grouped all of those good songs with a bunch of shitty B-sides on the second disc. It doesn't look as though much thought went into the tracklisting...

it's the EXACT tracklisting from the Best of 1990-2000 with Elevation tacked on one disc and Walk On tacked onto the other

:sexywink:

Why did they put Walk On on the second disc? I don't think they got the concept.

Wow! How loosely you use the term Asian. That is a knock to virtually all Asian nationalities when in fact those bootlegs are probably made in China and only the Chinese should be held accountable. I am a proud Filipino and we are a U2-loving nation. But I do understand why people in this forum look down on Asians - after all U2 care little about most Asians since they never toured here except for Japan of course. Sorry if this is a bit off-topic.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
Wow! How loosely you use the term Asian. That is a knock to virtually all Asian nationalities when in fact those bootlegs are probably made in China and only the Chinese should be held accountable. I am a proud Filipino and we are a U2-loving nation. But I do understand why people in this forum look down on Asians - after all U2 care little about most Asians since they never toured here except for Japan of course. Sorry if this is a bit off-topic.

Cheers,

J

I don't think anyone looks down on Asians, but the Asian bootleggers do cost other countries tons of money that is a fact.

mkdominatr said:

I don't think anyone looks down on Asians, but the Asian bootleggers do cost other countries tons of money that is a fact.

Don't generalize "Asians" ..there is a large population of that. Try to specify which Asians since there are quite a number of Asian nations.

Cheers,

J

jick said:

Don't generalize "Asians" ..there is a large population of that. Try to specify which Asians since there are quite a number of Asian nations.

Cheers,

J

Are you serious? If I get a disc from Poland, Italy, Norway, Monaco, Estonia, Russia...etc. Its generally said its from Europe. We don't have to specify which country for people to know this?

I can understand some personal pride being hurt here....and I'm not saying that you are wrong or right for thinking this. Its your pride NOT mine. I'm not going to tell you how to feel. But usually, when people's pride is being hurt, its because there either was a blatant disrespect towards that persons heritage or society....or ....there was a blatant lack of communication and misunderstanding of a comment somebody made.

I think the latter is what happened here....this happens way too much on these forums. Sometimes people are blatantly being disrespectful assholes, but usually its just that nobody seems to take the time anymore to differentiate between the two.

Cheers,

S

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Loved the use of the 80s icon on the "90-04" compilation!!

On another account, seems odd that they didn't generate their own song selection for "90-04". If it had been me, I would - at least it would have been a more interesting item to want to buy.

I really wasn't trying to bring anything bad on Asian culture what I was trying to say is that the bootleg market in Asia is huge. Malaysia,China are where a lot of these releases come from. Also some parts of Eastern Europe in some cases but the bootlegging of music,videos,games is preety well known.

that's all I was trying to say.

bloodysunday972 said:
I really wasn't trying to bring anything bad on Asian culture

To me, it was plain as day that you were not saying anything negative in regards to Asians.

With this clarification, I don't feel that issue needs to be discussed any further...because it's a non-issue. If this thread can continue with the topic at hand, I will leave it open.

One of the big problems with this sort of mass manufacturing is there is no effective way to stop China from shipping these to countries all over the world. I would be afraid it would'nt be complete songs or maybe being sung by someone else other than U2. Any way I saw this on 60 minutes recently.
Here's a link:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/26/60minutes/main595875.shtml?CMP=ILC-SearchStories

Oops: Bonochick I was looking for the article and didn't see your post. Sorry - I was still off subject.
Carry on...

Last edited:
TheBrazilianFly said:
I'm sorry but even though Jick may have overreacted he is right.

I respect your OPINION which is what all of us are sharing, but Jick,IMO is incorrect, saying something is Asian from a country in Asia is not disrespectful nor is it misleading, it is what it is.

Lets respect the wishes of the moderator and move on from this topic shall we.

Does it really matter? They are Asian bootleggers, that’s good enough for me and most of the people here, we’ve got the picture of some eastern guy burning this cd and we don't need their smegging GPS coordinates

Back
Top Bottom