U2 talked over on the gas station PA system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabby

Refugee
Well this was just the first time I ever heard this happen. Somehow, U2 was added to the playlist of the piped in music at the gas station that plays inside and out. It's a varied mix of hits from the 70s and 80s. Most of the people on it are one hit wonders, so I was surprised to hear NYD come on! Just as Bono was getting ready to sing "all is quiet" they broke in with "welcome to your friendly Taylor Road Exxon Station!" and proceeded to advertise their weekly drink and hot dog specials over musak for about 20 seconds, then back to U2. It was a disgrace. Has anyone else ever had this happen? I just thought it was weird.

Okay so it's a slow news week:yawn:;)

SkeeK said:
It's not that big a deal.. yeesh.
well...it is annoying when people talk over songs. especially when they had time to do it before he started singing, and instead they waited till he started. but it's exxon, and i think the ads they do are timed, like they have both tapes playing simultaneously, and the ads come on like every 2-3 minutes or something.

now if it had been a radio station, i woulda been really pissed. the stations here do that a lot, they just babble on and on throughout the whole beginning. one time, this dj kept talking through the song until the song was almost at the chorus! i mean really, annoucing the weather forecast for five days from now isn't as important as the music that's on.

Allright before anybody starts thinking the wrong thing let me explain. It wasn't just that the song was talked over, that happens on the radio all the time . It was that it was at a gas station that always broadcasts one hit wonders and obscure oldies from its PA inside and out, in the john, everywhere. It just shocked me to hear a famous song by such a famous band playing on it and I did a double take. Then when I heard the timed hot dog commercial come on, it was the final 'insult.' It was like, U2 should be above this. Most of those other artists might even depend on their songs being sold to services like that to buy groceries, then here's U2? :huh: If U2's career ended after War, they'd have belonged there, but, okay so I'm a U2 snob but it just seemed so beneath them to hear it like that. Understand now? It's not like I'm sitting here crying or anything, I was just bored, the forum was slow and it was a U2 related experience that I always see people post so I thought, why not. That's all!

it's always funny when the dj leaves the mic on and you can hear 'em talking all throughout the song

Back
Top Bottom