U2 Symbols from Elevation Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyYourKite

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Hi everyone! I'm new here and just wanted to get some discussion going about the various symbols used in the Elevation tour. Examples of these are the heart suitcase, the apple, the tree, the kite, the 4 arrows, etc. What are your interpretations of the meanings?

I think most of the symbols are pretty straight-forward. Each song has a symbol that is related to the content of the song. They are all very clever and well done, I think. Some are a little more literal than others: 'New York' - apple, 'Kite' - kite, etc. I really like the dove as well - it's the symbol for the Holy Spirit, by the way. 'When I Look At The World' (the eye with a tear) and 'Elevation' - (the elevator with man and woman inside) are great. 'Walk On' (candle with barbed wire) is the symbol for Amnesty International, if I'm not mistaken.

The heart in the suitcase stands for "the only bagage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind" The answer is your heart.

It;s a nice symbol for "Walk on" and it also reflects that what nobel prize winner Aan Sung Yun (uhmmm....) did in her life. She left everything behind and followed her heart...

Back
Top Bottom