U2 SURVIVOR: Caught in a landslide! (Boy - Round 8)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Well it seems A Day Without Me was itself caught in a landslide, doubling it's next closest competitor, Twilight, in votes by a margin of 14-7. So therefore the loser in this round is:

A DAY WITHOUT ME!!!

LOSER LIST
7. A Day Without Me
6. An Cat Dubh
5. Shadows and Tall Trees
4. Stories for Boys
3. Another Time, Another Place
2. Into the Heart
1. The Ocean

The votes broke down as follows:

A Day Without Me - 14
Twilight - 7
I Will Follow/The Electric Co. - 1 each

Please vote for one of the following:

1. I Will Follow
2. Twilight
5. Out of Control
10. The Electric Co.

Out of Control still has 0 total votes!!!

I vote for I Will Follow. It's a good song, but I like the others more, although I think my beloved Twilight is the next to go. :(

I just realized I totally spelled the thread title wrong (wrong lyrics), and now I feel like an ass. I had Bohemian Rhapsody playing and heard the "landslide" part. Whoops

You may point and laugh now. :reject:

Electric Co.

By the way, I'd want to burst anyone's bubble, but it's safe to say that "One" will win this Survivor contest. People have conducted these surveys numerous times in the past and it's always come out on top.

You heard it here first, folks!

Hmmm ... I remember we're not allowed to base our votes on live versions, just the studio version, so in that case, even though I love the live versions I've heard of it, my vote goes to The Electric Co. The studio version seems weak to me ...

By the way, will we be voting on the Under A Blood Red Sky and Wide Awake In America EPs, and the non-album singles? I ask because I really like 11 O'clock Tick Tock, but if we aren't voting for non-album singles or UABRS, it won't even get a chance ...

Axver said:
By the way, will we be voting on the Under A Blood Red Sky and Wide Awake In America EPs, and the non-album singles?
he said no to uabrs and waia in an earlier thread. :wink:

however, i forget what he said regarding the new stuff on both greatest hits, b-sides, etc. i personally think there should be a round pertaining to all b-sides and non-album songs, so long as they're not live (like voting on the b-side boy/girl off of U2 three, and not the live version - the b-side for i will follow).

EDIT: I double-posted by accident cause my internet lagged. Please see the post below.

Last edited:
I'd like to do that, very much so actually, but the problem is that there's at least 150 songs, if I do all the b-sides, and the remaining singles, and the remixes, etc. and I'm sure you guys don't want to do the Miscellaneous songs for a whole half a year. I know I sure don't. What I may do is stick them in groups of 5 or 10 and then have rounds where people pick one, instead of voting them off, then take the round winners and put them in a vote-off style thing.

Any suggestions? Please post them in the next thread cause this round is closed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom