U2 SURVIVOR: Arr...we's a community o' landlubbers! (Boy - Round 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Just to clarify the rules a bit, I am posting the official rules here, courtesy of koolboee cdmo87 (adapted from Pink Floyd to U2):

"We will start off with an album, and go in chronological order. We pit all of the songs together, and you must pick the "weakest link", meaning the weakest song on there, and vote it off. The song with the most votes by the next day will be mocked at and beaten upon (well, maybe not that dramatic) until the next round starts, where you vote off another song. Obviously, the list will get smaller and smaller, until we reach the final round.. of which a final "winner" will result.

*HINT* This is a strategy game! Take this example. Let's say we're doing the Joshua Tree rounds. You feel the weakest song on there is "Exit", however, nobody else voted for it. Let's say you absolutely love "Mothers of the Disappeared", and you want it to survive. "In God's Country", a song you like, is getting votes as well. Even if you don't think it's the weakest of the list, it would be wise to vote for "In God's Country", so that it gets the boot instead of your beloved "Mothers of the Disappeared". Get the picture?

Overly obvious rules that really aren't needed to be said but some scoundrel is BOUND to cause a conflict at some point anyway so I should anyway:
01.) No multiple votes in one round. If you double-post by accident, simply delete the additional post. ;)

02.) No personal attacks whatsoever. It's perfectly ok to disagree, and even to speak up if you disagree with a person's choice or their reason for doing so, but remember.. it's only a game. Posting "I think you're a pompous bee-otch you Trip Through Your Wires haterz!!!" will not be tolerated. It is unnecessary, not to mention pathetic.

03.) No starting rounds yourself. If I shall be unavailable to carry on the game for a time, someone MAY be appointed by me to do so. ONLY THIS PERSON may continue the game.

04.) Abide by the regular rules of the forum.

The following really aren't rules, and you won't get in trouble or disqualified if you do them by any means, but they're things we ASK for you to keep in mind:
01.) Please judge by the ALBUM version. Not future live versions or whatever.
02.) Don't vote off songs by the significance of their effect on the band or something. Try to make it as unbiased as possible.
03.) No voting off songs just because a certain band member did/didn't write the song.

That's about it.. oh yes, except one thing

Enjoy the game!! We're doing it for FUN after all! ;)

Any questions, please post them. "

ANYWAYS...the results!!!

The first loser off Boy, in a tight race is...

THE OCEAN!!

The votes were as follows:

The Ocean - 6
Into the Heart - 4
Another Time, Another Place - 3
Shadows and Tall Trees - 2
An Cat Dubh - 1

LOSERS LIST
1. The Ocean

Please vote off one of the following for round 2:

1. I Will Follow
2. Twilight
3. An Cat Dubh
4. Into the Heart
5. Out of Control
6. Stories For Boys
8. A Day Without Me
9. Another Time, Another Place
10. The Electric Co.
11. Shadows and Tall Trees.

My vote goes to Stories for Boys. I just don't like the lyrics much.

How about I throw the entire album overboard? While you might find a handful of good tracks on the album, I say we combine "Boy", "October", and "Under a Blood Red Sky" and move on to "War".

For the sake of the game, however, I'd picked "Shadows and Tall Trees"

Danospano said:
How about I throw the entire album overboard? While you might find a handful of good tracks on the album, I say we combine "Boy", "October", and "Under a Blood Red Sky" and move on to "War".

Whether we combine them or not, it'll still take the same amount of time. It's the same number of songs, but only one winner is produced. This way we get 3 winners which makes it that much more interesting in the end when we do the final round.

Another Time, Another Place is a steaming turd and gets my vote.

This will be too time consuming, methinks. 120 songs (album tracks) thats 4 months. Do you really think this will keep up for 4 months?

If the interest gets going, yes it will. We're doing this with Pink Floyd over on another message board, and PF has WAYYYYYY more album songs than U2. It's been going since April and it's still going strong.

Anyways...This round is closed. No more votes will be accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom