U2 Super Bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaxFisher

War Child
Any chance U2 could play Super Bowl XL?

Personally I think 4 years in between appearances is probably too soon but then again U2 is the hottest ticket in the US at the moment and their Super Bowl performance in 2002 was legendary.

legendary:bow: exactly thats the correct word
i watch it regulary, can't get enough of Bono's Bible references before streets, the american flag in his jacket at the end, the victims names, the 'Louisiana rain' , the 'put some soul in the world....its beautiful' and of course Bono's entrance at the stage, infested with girls and youngsters
It really was Legendary:bow:

Anything is possible in the entertainment business. In 2002, U2's Elevation tour was over, so there weren't any scheduling conflicts. I think they might be in another continent when the Super Bowl is going to be taking place this year. I don't really see it happening.

I say they should do Red Light (featuring Destiny's Child and Chris Botti), The Playboy Mansion (featuring Hugh Hefner), and Elvis Ate America (featuring an Elvis impersonater eating 30 McDonalds double cheeseburges).

Yes, younger is better, which means they should invite Ashlee Simpson to play.

MaxFisher said:
Any chance U2 could play Super Bowl XL?

Personally I think 4 years in between appearances is probably too soon but then again U2 is the hottest ticket in the US at the moment and their Super Bowl performance in 2002 was legendary.

It was fantastic - MLK into streets was just awesome, bono was a bit muffled at the start of streets though but apart from that, a brilliant performance

Back
Top Bottom