U2 style: "Sex, drugs and Rock ´n roll" ?? !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicy said:
gabrielvox do you have to be so rude??

Me saying the thread is ridiculous is rude?

I'm not insulting anyone anymore than they want to be. I find the notion that people who make lifestyle choices that they have every right to make as adults will not be 'accepted' into the 'tribe' of U2 fans at a concert far more offensive. Thought you would too, but hey :shrug:

Sicy said:
gabrielvox do you have to be so rude??

yes, he does :wink:

I think we should all remember that the person who started this thread is new and there is a good chance English is not her first language...

She may not have communicated what she was trying to say very well but that doesn't give us the excuse to dismiss her.

wow, look at me being all serious and stuff... :hi5:

gabrielvox said:
Me saying the thread is ridiculous is rude?

If that was all you said I wouldnt have even addressed you.

gabrielvox said:

What the fuck??!

Um. yeahhhh. ok moving right along!

gabrielvox said:

Are you for real? Is this thread for real?

1. You have no clue what other people do at U2 concerts.

2. You have no clue what U2 does at, before, or after, their concerts.

and finally

3. ITS NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!

On both sides of the argument people are merely theorizing. You think that if they popped E it's going to show up in U2 by U2? Give me a break.

The only thing I would say for certain is that Bono and Edge likely haven't been hopelessly addicted to coke, because that will seriously fuck up your vocal cords. Ask Whitney.

But B or one of them even alluded to having had a struggle with an unnamed issue at some point, if I'm not mistaken.

And they are notoriously heavy drinkers and smoke, which are basically both drugs too.

:lock:

Your opinion that the thread is ridiculous is one thing, but really, this post just seems really rude to me. You seem to get so worked up about stuff... just chill dude!

elevated_u2_fan said:

yes, he does :wink:

I think we should all remember that the person who started this thread is new and there is a good chance English is not her first language...

She may not have communicated what she was trying to say very well but that doesn't give us the excuse to dismiss her.

The point stated was that kids are safer at U2 shows because noone does drugs.

If my son was a member of Interference he'd have a few things to say about assholes at U2 shows who were apparently 'only' drinking.

Sicy, I hear you. I'm not some advocate for free and open drug use at U2 shows. But I do think a 'what the fuck' is entirely in order for someone who says that the person who makes a personal choice will not be welcome at a U2 show. End of my point.

elevated_u2_fan said:

That's another thing I was going to say, thanks :up:

I've only ever been to one U2 concert, and a couple right in front of me sneaked a couple of joints in. Security was lax, more lax than I've ever seen. I could have assassinated Bono that night if I so wished to.

I've definitely smelled weed at u2 shows, though why you'd want to mellow out for U2 is beyond me. As for the band, they've certainly written enough songs about drugs and sex, and they are rich and successful rockstars, I can only imagine that they've dabbled in both from time to time. How much is anybody's guess and nobody's business.

Varitek said:
I've definitely smelled weed at u2 shows, though why you'd want to mellow out for U2 is beyond me. As for the band, they've certainly written enough songs about drugs and sex, and they are rich and successful rockstars, I can only imagine that they've dabbled in both from time to time. How much is anybody's guess and nobody's business.

:yes:

Well, if they'd just put out the new album already, we'd have other things to talk about, so really, it's their own damned fault!

Sicy said:

If that was all you said I wouldnt have even addressed you.

Your opinion that the thread is ridiculous is one thing, but really, this post just seems really rude to me. You seem to get so worked up about stuff... just chill dude!

I completely agree with you Sicy about Grabriel Vox being rude and I want to say him that :

1 - Obviously what happens before or after a U2 concert is not my DAMN BUSINESS but "during" it´s MY BUSINESS because I´m part of it.
2 - Don´t worry I promise you I´ll take off my blindfold and my nose bung in my next U2 concert in order to see and smell things better and clearer ..

:eyebrow: :rolleyes:

3 - Watching Joshua Tree Paris DVD I could see that Bono tries to be always "wide awake" in terms of his audience behavior (till his eyes can reach, obviously) compelling him to stop singing WOWY and asking "What´s the stuff" ???? Most of rocks stars don´t care about this kind of problems during his concerts.

I wonder what if Bono picks up an addicted girl to dance on stage with him during WOWY ...

:silent: :shocked: :tsk:

Zootlesque said:
Sex, drugs and rock n roll sounds more like the tag line for Guns n Roses, Motley Crue, Stone Temple Pilots or any of those bands.

U2's motto is more like Peace, Love and Worldwide acceptance. :happy:

:rockon: :applaud: :applaud:

cristivox said:
3 - Watching Joshua Tree Paris DVD I could see that Bono tries to be always "wide awake" in terms of his audience behavior (till his eyes can reach, obviously) compelling him to stop singing WOWY and asking "What´s the stuff" ???? Most of rocks stars don´t care about this kind of problems during his concerts.

umm... I had thought this was due to some sort of tear gas incident or something? Not drugs to my knowledge...

lol...this thread gets more interesting everytime I check in....

continue:lmao:

cristivox said:

I completely agree with you Sicy about Grabriel Vox being rude and I want to say him that :

1 - Obviously what happens before or after a U2 concert is not my DAMN BUSINESS but "during" it´s MY BUSINESS because I´m part of it.
2 - Don´t worry I promise you I´ll take off my blindfold and my nose bung in my next U2 concert in order to see and smell things better and clearer ..

:eyebrow: :rolleyes:

I wonder what if Bono picks up an addicted girl to dance on stage with him during WOWY ...

:silent: :shocked: :tsk:

:goodgrief: I'm sorry, that last question was quite ridiculous.

Aside from that, it may startle you to know that what other U2 fans around you choose to do with themselves - save, them infringing upon your right to enjoy yourself - is actually none of your business.

As for the band:

[anyone's business]

[/anyone's business]

elevated_u2_fan said:

umm... I had thought this was due to some sort of tear gas incident or something? Not drugs to my knowledge...

Oh, you're wrong it was drugs. And after the concert, Larry took those people out to the back parking lot and shot them in the face. Don't fuck with Larry.

U2isthebest said:
And after the concert, Bono took those people out to the back parking lot and shot them in the face. Don't fuck with Bono.

:lmao:!!!

... and Miami played in the background as he did that.

gabrielvox said:
Hey no fixing quotes! Bono would never do that, that was SO Larry. Everything I've read in U2 The Completely Unauthorized Autobiography tells me so!

He even looks like a hitman/assassin!

inductionrb2-thumb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom