U2 strong contender for No. 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daveone

The Fly
Nothing new but worth I read. Courtesy of BBC News Online:

Rapper Eminem's new single has become his highest entry on the US singles chart, and the highest new entry of 2004 for a non-American Idol release.
Just Lose It, the first single from his new album Encore, went in at number 17.

The star's two previous highest entries were Lose Yourself at 43 and Without Me at 44, both in 2002.

But American Idol 3 winner Fantasia had a new entry at number one in July. Ciara featuring Petey Pablo stayed in the top spot this week with Goodies.

Just Lose It is the fourth highest new entry of the year.

The song is one of two debuts in the top half of the chart, along with Vertigo, by U2 at 46.

It is the highest debut for a U2 single since Staring at the Sun entered at number 30 in April 1997.

The high debuts of both songs make U2 and Eminem candidates for the number one spot on the Billboard Hot 100.

Daveone said:
Nothing new but worth I read. Courtesy of BBC News Online:

The song is one of two debuts in the top half of the chart, along with Vertigo, by U2 at 46.

It is the highest debut for a U2 single since Staring at the Sun entered at number 30 in April 1997.

The high debuts of both songs make U2 and Eminem candidates for the number one spot on the Billboard Hot 100.

The odds of Vertigo hitting #1 on the Billbaord 100 are virtually Nil.

It would have to crossover and be a huge hit on Top 40 radio and unfortunately in the US that will not happen.

It can maybe reach #10 tops.

i don't know if this means anything, but i haven't heard vertigo on the radio nearly as much lately. not sure why, it might only be bad timing on my part.

Re: Re: U2 strong contender for No. 1

ChangeTheTemperature said:

It would have to crossover and be a huge hit on Top 40 radio and unfortunately in the US that will not happen.

I gotta say I agree with you but we can always hope. Emimen has already stole an oscar from the boys.

Re: Re: U2 strong contender for No. 1

ChangeTheTemperature said:

Does it really matter though? I mean look at all of the other sh*t on that chart and you'll feel much better.

Re: Re: Re: U2 strong contender for No. 1

PowerSurge said:

Does it really matter though? I mean look at all of the other sh*t on that chart and you'll feel much better.

That´s true my friend, generally most of Top- Charts singles and album nowadays is nothing but crap...R & B, Rappers and all that bull***t :madspit: specially if you look Billboard magazine !!:mad:

In the past, I mean, 60´s and 70´s, generally Top- Charts were truly worth have artist, like Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Police, etc...but in the 90´s, with all those rappers, boy bands, Spice Girls, crappy Pop, etc the charts aren´t mean quality anymore :yes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: U2 strong contender for No. 1

ponkine said:

In the past, I mean, 60´s and 70´s, generally Top- Charts were truly worth have artist, like Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Police, etc...

Ahhhh yes:wink:

the golden age when bands and artists actually PLAYED instruments and actually PERFORMED their music....

....how archaic. Makes me yearn for burning witches at the stake.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom