U2 splitting up rumor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BONO'ppetit

War Child
I've looked and looked and can't find anything to substantiate the rumor that this is their last tour--that Bono wants to do his debt relief program and help his wife with her ventures--so they're calling it a day. Please tell me it's just a rumor and a bad one at that. :sad:

They wouldn't split up now. They're on contract for a third best of at the end of the decade....a lot of fans think that's sort of a flag date for when the end of U2 may come.

I don't think so. Yes, Bono said he wants to do his activism for the rest of his life (and Larry said something about not doing a tour if there was a way out in Making of Vertigo video, and wasn't he talking about acting and teaching his son soccer?) but I don't think that means no more U2 after this tour. I think 2 more albums and a third Best of, after 2010 we'll see...

think that thay still have time to do 2 more albums... the "talked-about-HTDAAB-continuation-in-2006" (which I'm still don't buying) and another one.. beign maybe their last studio album.. THEN the Best Of 2000-2010 and their last "farewell" tour... at least that's what I'll do

U2 'till 2012...

in fact, that's supose to be the last year of the world... so that'd be nice... the end of U2 is the end of the world :wink:

U2girl said:
I don't think so. Yes, Bono said he wants to do his activism for the rest of his life (and Larry said something about not doing a tour if there was a way out in Making of Vertigo video, and wasn't he talking about acting and teaching his son soccer?) but I don't think that means no more U2 after this tour. I think 2 more albums and a third Best of, after 2010 we'll see...

Larry acting :drool:

There's always going to be someone fearmongering and claiming U2 are splitting up.

a lot of bands "retire" like clapton for example. but i think hes retired about 3 or 4 times already.....thats what U2 love....music... and they will always be around one way or another...

I heard they were all good friends......maybe they will just take some time off before they decide their musical future....but I think U2 will always be U2 {at least in this wizard's :heart:

I dont see them splitting up anytime soon, I see them taking even longer in between albums and tours.

2006? highly highly doubt it

try 2008, maybe 2007 if we are lucky. I really could see a long hiatus after this album and tour.

as for the "best of" argument, they aren't contractually obligated to record any more music. If they spilt up today, the 3rd best of would be best of 2000-2005. The only obligation is that the 3rd Best Of goes to Island Records, it doesn't much matter what years it covers.

I think one more album for sure, maybe two.

And also, as I put on my Nostradomus hat, I see more and more threads just like this one. Especially after the tour is over and they talk about going into the studio and then the waiting begins and goes on and on and on.......;)

And also, as I put on my Nostradomus hat, I see more and more threads just like this one. Especially after the tour is over and they talk about going into the studio and then the waiting begins and goes on and on and on.......;) [/B]
LOL I hear ya.
U2 spliting up, last time they said that we got One, so this will lead to another classic U2 song, maybe Two.
LMBO

I got my news of this from my brother and sil who said it was on the national news. It won't be the first time the news has been wrong.

Here we go again. This goes on every album/tour, and when one day it actually happens, those fans who predicted that one will say, "See, I told you so!" :wink:

I reckon if it happens - they should have a HUGE bust-up on stage in front of thousands. Edge cracks the guitar over Bono's head, Bono then (Kurt Cobain-Style) jumps onto Larry's drum kit - whilst Adam sets fire to his Bass and dances around it naked, in a kind of Native American Indian ritual.

:dance:

:lol: About the Adam part above. Hehe is he practising for that this tour with his walk around the ellipse?

Since there are three decades now, shouldn't there also be a song called Three? ;)

They'll probably "retire" like a lot of bands and disappear. Then in about 5 years they'll resurface for a "reunion" type album and tour. Only thing is, five years is about the normal wating time for U2 fans. :wink:

I'll believe this when I hear about it from U2.com !! :giggle:

Actually, U2 is one of the biggest bands out there right now ...
So why would they even think about going their separate ways ??
Usually when a band breaks up, they're having problems with other members or they don't want to continue making music ... Since U2 have remained friends for 20+ years ... and also has shown no signs of quitting making albums ... this has got to be a sad rumor!! :sad:

Mark Freedman said:
Here we go again. This goes on every album/tour, and when one day it actually happens, those fans who predicted that one will say, "See, I told you so!" :wink:

Mark is right this happens every single time and it's getting to be pointless

One thing I'd like to point out, is that no band has gone out on top willingly. It's always a break-up a band member dying, or or just the band becoming crap that spell it's demise.

When u2 does end, I hope they do it on their own terms at the top of their game. It will really prove how special this band really is in terms of rock and roll if they can manage to go out like this

a lot of bands "retire" like clapton for example. but i think hes retired about 3 or

Very true. I think KISS is on their 4th farewell tour.

Arun V said:

Mark is right this happens every single time and it's getting to be pointless

One thing I'd like to point out, is that no band has gone out on top willingly. It's always a break-up a band member dying, or or just the band becoming crap that spell it's demise.

When u2 does end, I hope they do it on their own terms at the top of their game. It will really prove how special this band really is in terms of rock and roll if they can manage to go out like this

Well, there is one big exception: the Beatles went out still on top. Personal differences between John and Paul, but nothing like that exists with U2. They have a very Zen like approach to their situation, and from where I sit I see no rivalries inside the band. If U2 ever split, they might be for one of two reasons: due to illness or family crises, etc. or due to lack of interest or ideas.

We can only wait and see on those. But I think things look pretty good for them. The long breaks help them stay alive.

I recall Larry saying "no" to reunion tours, that they'll just record less and less, tour less and less over the years, won't formally breakup/quit, unless they release 2 crap albums in a row.

I really dunno that's true.. :huh: I mean, even after the 3rd Best Of, Bono always said he is still more in love with music than with politics... and he can do both things at a time, as he did during ATYCLB recordings. I guess fans r a bit overcocerned, I mean.. why don't we just enjoy the moment and worry about things yet to come when they come?? :wink: :wink: BOOM CHA!! Let the party go onnnnn!!! :happy:

Back
Top Bottom