u2 songs you'd request at bars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heinz

The Fly
I am going to a xmas party tonight at my local bar and the dj will be taking request. I always love to hear a u2 song at a party but which ones would you play that everyone would sing or dance to?

How about Vertigo? A lot of people would know it and it'll put a charge in the room.

Mysterious Ways is great turned up really loud, too.

red light :yikes:
ok, now seriously: i think that almost everything from Axtung would be great, then maybe Beautiful Day or Elevation?

jendzi said:
red light :yikes:

:lol:

I like that song! :grumpy:

Anyway, U2 songs to play in bars:

Angel Of Harlem (always number one on these occasions)
Desire
Vertigo
Mysterious Ways
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World :yes:
Discotheque
Beautiful Day
Slow Dancing
In God's Country
All Because Of You
Stuck In A Moment

yeah, angel of harlem... it was a cold and wet december day... right now i'm looking out of window and it's not cold and not wet here ;)

i'd say vertigo is a safe choice. with its recent airplay, i hear it all the time at the bars/clubs. my favorite to request is with or without you. (the deejays usually will play this as the last song of the night)

I pretty much stay out of bars, these days, but I've really only ever heard one U2 song in bars with any degree of consistency: "Desire."

I mean, some other songs will pop up now and then...but "Desire" seems to always find me in bars and shit. Very strange...

I have probably heard, to set the record straight, "No Surprises" by Radiohead more times in bars than I've heard any U2 songs. THAT is a surprise.

I was at an eighties dance club and the place was packed but nobody was really dancing...the (obviously new) DJ kept complaining about the lack of energy but then he kept playing painfully obvious pap like Come On Eilean and Like a Virgin so I went over to the booth and pulled out his copy of War (on vinyl, no less) and told him to play Two Hearts. He refused so I said...fine, whatever. Twenty minutes passed and the place was still dead really and he comes back on the mic again and moans about the crowd being lame and then he says he is going to play a request...Two Hearts comes on and the place goes freakin' nuts. At least 50 or 60 people crammed onto this little dance floor and it was just totally balls out. He took requests for the rest of the night from me and about five others. We had him playing UB40 and old Police and Yazoo and English Beat, etc. Then he closed the show...about 2 hours later by playing Two Hearts again. Great night.:cool:

:dance: :dance: :heart: :heart: :dance: :dance:

Paul Vox said:
I was at an eighties dance club and the place was packed but nobody was really dancing...the (obviously new) DJ kept complaining about the lack of energy but then he kept playing painfully obvious pap like Come On Eilean and Like a Virgin so I went over to the booth and pulled out his copy of War (on vinyl, no less) and told him to play Two Hearts. He refused so I said...fine, whatever. Twenty minutes passed and the place was still dead really and he comes back on the mic again and moans about the crowd being lame and then he says he is going to play a request...Two Hearts comes on and the place goes freakin' nuts. At least 50 or 60 people crammed onto this little dance floor and it was just totally balls out. He took requests for the rest of the night from me and about five others. We had him playing UB40 and old Police and Yazoo and English Beat, etc. Then he closed the show...about 2 hours later by playing Two Hearts again. Great night.:cool:

:dance: :dance: :heart: :heart: :dance: :dance:

:applaud:

I was at a bar called Papa's last week and most of the music was top 40 crap I could do without. I looked in the CD Dj's request book and all he had was Stuck In A Moment. I pointed there, said "U2!" over the noise, and somehow he ended up playing Beautiful Day, and it went over well among the 21-35 crowd. Got a visible reaction, unlike, say, Pink.

Go with -Vertigo-everyone knows it
-Beautiful day-read above
-Elevation-great to hear drunk people howl like bono
-Mysterious Ways-turn it loud louder loudest
-Discoteque

Back
Top Bottom