U2 songs you'd like to see done live.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
Personally, for me, I'd like to see the song "When I look at the world" done live. How about you?

I won't go the generic route with "Acrobat" or "Red Hill Mining Town"........I think that Drowning Man with just Bono and Edge would be a classic.

I would go the B side route. Luminous Times (Hold Onto Love), I think this song would be very powerful live, the way it builds, kind of like Bad. The other would be Lady With The Spinning Head, one of my favorite U2 B sides.

I've never heard trying to throw your arms around the world live before

mind you its an easy song to play on the acoustic guitar, just 5 chords, and easy chords to play as well

CrashedCarDriver said:
I've never heard trying to throw your arms around the world live before

mind you its an easy song to play on the acoustic guitar, just 5 chords, and easy chords to play as well

It was played almost the entire Zoo tour. You can literally get hundreds of bootlegs with live versions of this song.

Convoy said:
Personally, for me, I'd like to see the song "When I look at the world" done live. How about you?

Electrical Storm
Playboy Mansion
Heartland
Grace
When I Look At The World
So Cruel
Red Hill Mining Town
Everlasting Love
Hallelujah Here She Comes
A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel
Goldeneye

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Re: Re: U2 songs you'd like to see done live.

jick said:

Electrical Storm
Playboy Mansion
Heartland
Grace
When I Look At The World
So Cruel
Red Hill Mining Town
Everlasting Love
Hallelujah Here She Comes
A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel
Goldeneye

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

That's a great list. I agree with all those songs, especially, It would be so amazing to see U2 do Electrical Storm live on the next tour.

Running to stand still.

(and I'm crossing my fingers for Electrical storm and acoustic Hands that built America)

*edit* that upper list is very interesting but I doubt we'll hear any of those songs if they weren't played on their album's tour or in the period when they were written. How about Bono and Edge do She's a mystery to me acoustic?

Last edited:
i'd like to see the guys bring back full band version of Stay
and it would be great if they could play Acrobat

bono mentions on the Zoo Tv show in Auckland about Acrobat....
heres what he said
"last time we were here....we wrote a couple of songs for Acutung Baby....we wrote "Acrobat & "Who's Gunna Ride Your Wild Horses"
but unforunatly we cant play them....so heres a song we wrote in L.A (which was Stay)

Last edited:
I'd like them to play Acrobat... not the accoustic version they played during sound check on the Zoo tour, but a full band version. The drums on that song are awesome.

Some B-sides would be nice too, LWTSH, Love Comes Tumbling, or a full band version of TGBHF.

God Part II, Dirty Day (they played it a lil' on ZooTV/Zooropa tour...), Wire, Acrobat, Red Hill MIning town ...

Songs I'd like to see live:

1. Acrobat (of course)
2. When I Look At The World
3. Electrical Storm
4. Red Hill Mining Town

Back
Top Bottom