U2 songs you forget about (for better or worse)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafiennes

Refugee
I was listening to ATYCLB in it’s original form (not the re-edited, re-track listed version I usually do) and WILATW came on. I had forgotten about this song and to me (hold your flames, this is my opinion beyotches! :mad: ) It’s an average song. Nothing about it really jumps out at me. In fact, I think if it had been a b-side, I would have loved it more.

So I was thinking back about songs on other albums I’d forgotten about, just cos I skip them or rarely listen to them and was wondering, when the history of U2 is looked at, what songs do you think wil be over looked or forgotten?

Discuss…
:eyebrow:

I've never liked Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World, so anytime I'm listening to Achtung Baby and it comes on, I'm like "wtf? oh....yeah..."*skip*

Funnily enough, whenever I listen to ATYCLB (which is not often) When I Look at the World is one of the few that I DON'T skip.

i alwasy skip some days are better than others on zooropa.

well actually thats a lie.

i listen to the start, adams bassline:drool:

then when bono starts singing i skip it and listen to the beauty of The First Time instead.

financeguy said:
Funnily enough, whenever I listen to ATYCLB (which is not often) When I Look at the World is one of the few that I DON'T skip.

Yep, same here. It has probably the best lyrics on the album, and a rare guitar solo. It makes playing the album worthwhile for me.

i know its weird, but i guess unltraviolet on achtung baby, but i always forget about it, i like it, but everytime TTTYAATW ends im getting ready for acrobat, and ohh, this song again!

I like When I Look At The World and think its pretty underrated.

Indian Summer Sky, Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World and Some Days Are Better Than Others are songs which I tend to forget about... not bad songs by any means but just seem to take little notice of them really.

Last edited:
zoo station.

love the intro and the lyrics, but the song doesn't musically go anywhere.

i mean i like it, and if it's on the radio or someone puts it on or they play it, i love it. but for the longest time i would start Achtung on Even Better than the Real thing.

i mean i love the lyrics to it as well.... odd.

I always seem to forget that New York was even made until I watch the Boston DVD. :huh:

I forget which CD the Ocean is on too. When I see the song in the tour setlist, I draw a blank "wait is this from October....OOPS!"

I wish I could forget a certain song off A.B. that everyone loves :| it shall remain nameless. :shh:

Lemonfix said:
Most of October :shifty:

I love the first half of October but after the self-titled track I don't know what are the right names of the songs until Bono sings it

pacemaker said:
I agree that WILATW is a highlight of ATYCLB.

I'm not sure I know what Love Rescue Me even SOUNDS like. :ohmy:

I've had Rattle and Hum since 1988 or 1989.
I bet I haven't listened to that song all the way through 10 times and maybe once or twice since the Passengers era.

I couldn't tell you the last time I did, honestly.

And I agree with FinanceGuy, there are about 5 tracks I always listen to on ATYCLB and WILATW is one of them.

Love Rescue Me is one of favourites on R&H

Edges harmony during their Lovetown Tokyo Gig was unbelievable

I often skip Dirty Day on Zooropa, as I prefer the Junk Day mix so much more.

Velvet Dress also, as I prefer the Jools Holland duet, and Please on Pop as I like the Single version a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom