U2 songs you don't hear for ages...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LCK

Acrobat
then you fall in love with them all over again. Most recently for me:

Boomerang II

others:

An Cat Dubh/ Into the Heart (live from redrocks)
Dancing Queen (cover, live, with Bjorn and Benny)
The Ocean
Red Hill Mining Town
Salome

One
The Unforgettable Fire
All I Want Is You

I finally picked up a few U2 cds after a long absence. I guess Mikal's thread made me remember I hadn't listened to them in a while.

Last edited:
heartland
god part II

everything from R&H in fact

both heartland and god part II would sound amazing live

The Unforgettable Fire

I heard a live version for the first time today...amazing.

Wake up Dead Man - I am beginning to realise what a fabulous song this is!

And ... Drowning Man. How I missed that song for such a long time.

Hmmm - must be something about the word "man" ...

A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel: I'd always skipped this one but now, ironically I love it to bits. One of my fave U2 tracks bizarrely. But I'm allowed to say that just like THAT (Snapping fingers while saying the last word) because the list is pretty long! :)

The Unforgettable Fire (Whole LP, not the title track) Hadn't heard this for a few months. Soon reminded me why it's one of my three favourites).

Same with Boy, listening to that everywhere I went while visiting my Grandmother in Stockport, (In England, half an hour's drive from Manchester) was really strange. The weather was constant rain and when it was dark in the really early afternoon, that album leant my time there a really dark mood. Especially An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart.

***The Following is Slightly Off-Topic but kind of inspired by the subject I'm replying to...***

But listening to the Boy again on a portable CD player with headphones really made some things stand out. The biggest example (for me) was An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart (again) as there was lots of things I don't think one could hear when listening on speakers. For example, it may not be much but I didn't know Bono's vocals had a sort of Repeat/Delay thing on them, just sounded really strange hearing his wailing vocals ringing out over and over after he's sung them.

But when you listen to it with Headphones, the last part of the track, (The Final Play of the main Guitar Riff before it goes into the guitar solo at the end) if you listen to that with headphones, but only with the RIGHT-hand earpiece/headphone. There's this little guitar piece that plays just two notes over and over through that final riff but only on that one. And during the guitar solo, the sound on the right sounds much different because the Guitar part is only on the left. (again, bits I couldn't hear before)

So, if any guitarists know how to play An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, you can simply listen through the right earphone and play along, as it's only the guitar that's not on the right...rather odd.

Sorry. Type far too much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom