U2 Songs that I Hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
1. Seconds - just don't like it. It may only take a second to say goodbye, but it takes them 6 minutes to get past this one.

2. VanDiemens Land: Sorry Edge. You're still my favorite member

3. Mysterious Ways: I hate this song so much now, I can't remember what I thought when it first came out.

4. Miami: "MY Mami?" In friggen deed.

5. SIAM: I feel stuck everytime that song comes on

That being said, I love every song on this album. When listening to it, I have this peculiar feeling of not wanting the current song to ever end and wanting it to be over so I can listen to the next one.

To me that is a great album.

I don't think there are any that I hate. There are plenty that I think are bad, but nothing that gets me riled up.

But don't even get me started on Nickelback!

Dalton said:
1. Seconds - just don't like it. It may only take a second to say goodbye, but it takes them 6 minutes to get past this one.

2. VanDiemens Land: Sorry Edge. You're still my favorite member

3. Mysterious Ways: I hate this song so much now, I can't remember what I thought when it first came out.

4. Miami: "MY Mami?" In friggen deed.

5. SIAM: I feel stuck everytime that song comes on

That being said, I love every song on this album. When listening to it, I have this peculiar feeling of not wanting the current song to ever end and wanting it to be over so I can listen to the next one.

To me that is a great album.

Seconds is the worst song of War. Mysterious Ways is the worst song of AB. Miami is the worst song of Pop (but i like Miami so you can see how much i love Pop) and SIAM is a bad song (but almost every song in ATYCLB are bad IMO).

Another song i don't like is Mothers of the disappeared... just boring...

Dalton said:
U2 Guy, the last half of JT is great to ....ahh... have relations to.

Try that and MOTD will have a whole new spin.

Actually i love the last half of JT, it's MOTD that bothers me... but i'll try your approach! LOL

A good U2 song to have relations to is Your blue room. Velvet dress too. And Night and day... LOL

Oh man! Now i'm horny! LOL

Woah, Seconds is a great song! And I can't believe someone just said it's the worst song on War when you have songs like Red Light on there. Oh wait, it was jic- I mean, U2_Guy. Got to expect that.

Axver said:
Woah, Seconds is a great song! And I can't believe someone just said it's the worst song on War when you have songs like Red Light on there. Oh wait, it was jic- I mean, U2_Guy. Got to expect that.

That's becoming silly, boring and repetitive... To say i'm the "new Jick".

Jick is a characther that clearly likes to begin posts to in a first step detract U2 and them to praise U2. He is clearly in search of attention.

Rarely i started a thread. And many times i praise U2 songs, work etc that most fans don't praise. But at the same time i have the guts to stand for what i believe. And that shocks some of you...

But don't fool yourself kid. I'm not your typical Jick. Jick is monochromatic, i'm not.

Try reading some of my posts without prejudice.

Dalton said:
lol Axver, me and a few mates always have a row over Seconds.

They can't believe I don't like it, but it bugs me big time.

Bugs me too Dalton.

I've always liked Seconds. It's actually one of my favorite's on that record. I also like Mysterious Ways, but I'm just tired of it because it's been played to death. I'm not a big fan of Grace, most of Pop, Even Better than the real thing or Mother's either. Most of their songs I love, though

I can't use the word "hate" about any U2 tunes, but there are some I don't listen to much of course. But Miami is just great. Great lyrics and annoying to some people. That's why I love it - because all my friends wonder what the fuck I just played.

Last edited:
U2_Guy said:

But don't fool yourself kid. I'm not your typical Jick. Jick is monochromatic, i'm not.

Try reading some of my posts without prejudice.

I wouldn't insult Jick by comparing him to you. And look at your comment without prejudice. You're the most prejudiced person here I've seen post. You're judgmental and hypocritical. You like to brand all Americans as if you know so much more than any of us. Get off your freakin' high horse already.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I don't particularly hate any U2 songs, but I definitely skip some of them when I listen to albums. Miami is a great candidate for this, though I did really like it live. Mysterious Ways has just been played so much on the radio. I still like SIAM for the message behind the words.

When love comes to town and Angel of harlem are some og my least favourite, but nothing beats Wild Honey! That is just ....just..... arg... don't get me started on that one.

Didn't we just have a hate thread a couple weeks ago? :huh:

Okay here's mine, mostly classic hates like

Miami
Playboy Mansion
Refugee
Red Light

and others like ones others like but not me

Some Days are Better Than Others
Daddy's Gonna Pay
Do You Feel Loved
Discotheque
MOFO
Stuck

mild dislikes:

Velvet Dress
Mothers of the Disappeared
Silver and Gold
Dirty Day
Grace

Last edited:
Yeah, Mysterious Ways is overplayed. But surely not more than Pride or With or Without You. To me, it represents a huge breakthrough for the band, who was really unable to shake their asses before that song. It says SEX. It's dripping with it. Adam is in the GROOVE. Without sex you're missing a big part of what rock and roll is all about. The percussion on the song is out of this world, a huge leap forward for Larry.

Also, the sound that Edge gets out of the guitar on that one is really new territory for him as well. Awesome solo, one of the best on the album.

Ironically, I never cared for Mysterious Ways live even though the band (Edge especially) really seem to get into it. Much prefer the album version.

Because Achtung Baby was so innovative, the weakest song on the album for me was always EBTTRT, because it's just a little generic. The chorus isn't stand out, and with the exception of the breakdown and the slide solo there's not much memorable on there.

There's simply no point in discussing Miami again. It's not a single. It fits on the album. You can't hate a song just because of the word "mammy". Enough said.

ADecentMelody said:

You like to brand all Americans as if you know so much more than any of us. Get off your freakin' high horse already.

All Americans? No, my dear. Not all Americans. Only the North Americans from the United States. And definetely not all North Americans from the United States: only the stupid ones. It's not my fault if you feel like that hat fits you...

Elvis Presley and America- my least favorite U2 song
Playboy Mansion
Wild Honey
Van Dieman's Land
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car- It was cool live though with Bono's MacPhisto character.

People, please. All this arguing over the worst U2 song is not necessary. I know exactly how to end all this quarrel, and get everybody to unite under the same opinion.

I know that on this site, everything you say has to be paraphrased with "In My Opinion, yada yada yada...." This is not my opinion... this is an absolute FACT.

The worst U2 song is "Big Girls are Best".

U2_Guy said:

All Americans? No, my dear. Not all Americans. Only the North Americans from the United States. And definetely not all North Americans from the United States: only the stupid ones. It's not my fault if you feel like that hat fits you...

I don't have to wear the hat; you have a big enough head to wear it for the both of us. It's comments like above and others you've posted that show your ignorance and lack of understanding of what goes on outside your periphery. Take the blinders off, it'll help you see better.

Back
Top Bottom