U2 Songs that I Hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty much all the tracks on zooropa, apart from babyface,numb,lemon and stay.Hate miami, rest of the pop album is great!!
most of the songs on october apart from tomorrow and gloria.
I think all that you can't leave behind is great!! Apart from grace!!

I love all of them except for Seconds. And I might not love Stuck In A Moment.

But Miami really rules.

hmm..i don't like October (the Album), varius tracks from ATYCLB (expecially Kite, SIAM and POE...but i don't like like ATYCLB almost as a rule even if i think that BD is one of the best songs u2 have ever written: i'd put it in my personal top 5) and TTTYATW from AB

P.S.

Miami RULES!!!!

I used to not mind bullet, but now I'm coming close to disliking it. I just don't like the sound of it anymore. And I have to admit it pissed me off to find out it was an anti-American political statement :grumpy: (believe it or not, it never entered my mind until I saw it on here in 2001)

U2Kitten said:
I used to not mind bullet, but now I'm coming close to disliking it. I just don't like the sound of it anymore. And I have to admit it pissed me off to find out it was an anti-American political statement :grumpy: (believe it or not, it never entered my mind until I saw it on here in 2001)

It's not Anti-American. It was an Anti-Reagan foreign policy song, tweaked on the Elevation tour to be anti-NRA/gun proliferation.

I can't say i hate any U2 songs..
The only U2 songs i really don't like are Wild Honey, The Wanderer, Van Diemans land ..thats about it! :dance:

I guess the ones I tend to dislike and skip are Elevation, With Or Without You and Even Better Than The Real Thing.

The intros to The refugee and Red light don't sit well with me though the rest of the songs, besides the intro aren't bad at all.

Stuck in a moment is moody with me. I could love it one day and skip it the next, even live i tend to skip it. Usually skip and rarely enjoy it, though it was on the radio today and really enjoyed, maybe cuz i haven't heard it in a while.

the last few songs from Zooropa aren't spectacular though the first 6 songs are AMAZING!!

Playboy mansion is moody with me too, sometimes i love the sliding guitar sometimes its annoying.

Exit is great but why soo low on the album, if it were preformed the way it was live (LOUD), it would be MUCH better! I have to crank the volume up just to hear the verses, I wish that wasn't necessary. Still love the tune though, thatjust bugs me.

Love rescue me...blehg...

I like velvet dress but if it was mixed properly i'd have no beef with it. still enjoyable though!

thats about it, though i will still listen to most of these just cuz i don't hear them often, i guess they're the ones i get sick of easiest. then i might listen to them once, mildy enjoy it and move on till next time, lol!

Elevation,,, This one is seriously bad,, for me anyway,, I wouldn´t say that i hate it, but its just plain bad.. But ATYCLB, is mostly not for me at all

hatelovehatelovehatelovehatelovehatelove

"Hate" is the wrong word. There are many songs I like better than others, and certain albums I rarely listen to, but I don't hate any U2 song .... because for every song you hate, someone else loves it.

People on this forum have listed some of my favourite U2 tracks -- Mysterious Ways, SIAM, Wild Honey, the list goes on. Am I wrong to like these songs, or are you wrong to dislike them?

You're definitely wrong to HATE them. Learn to use a thesaurus, people, and think about the words you use. I'm getting sick of lazy wordsmiths always saying, "I hate this song", or "this album is crap". It makes you out to be a boring boor. I'd hate to think there were immature, intolerant and boorish U2 fans out there.
:wink:

If I had to name one U2 song that I hate and think is crap (just joking I Jones :wink:) it would be Miami, and Red Light, and possibly Wild Honey. That's 3 songs, sorry.
But you're right, hate is not the best word. Rather, these songs dissappoint me, I find them hard to listen to and not worthy of being on their respective albums. Yet other people probably love these songs, especially Miami, which highlights how subjective musical taste can be!

Excluding a cover or two...

I usually don't like "Miami" or "Please"....or the album version of "Mofo"....that might be about it, but there's probably a 90's b-side or two that I'm not really fond of......oh yeah, that Passengers b-side.....wtf was that?

I love 'Discotheque'!! Boom Cha!And 'Please' and SIAM are two of my all time favourite U2 songs. However, I'm surprised noone has mentioned 'Bullet The Blue Sky', especially live. Enough of the spotlight!!!

u2lassie said:
I love 'Discotheque'!! Boom Cha!And 'Please' and SIAM are two of my all time favourite U2 songs. However, I'm surprised noone has mentioned 'Bullet The Blue Sky', especially live. Enough of the spotlight!!!

Say what? Surprised? One of the best live songs ever! Essential U2 rock song!

There are two U2 songs I really hate: that godawful Love Rescue Me and Grace. Especially the first one. I wanna smash the speakers when I hear that. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
The Refugee
most of October (except Gloria and Fire)
Stuck In A Moment...
The second half of ATYCLB (save When I Look At the World)
The second half of Pop
Babyface
The second half of Zooropa
TTTYAATW
When Love Comes to Town (too generic for them)

As for Mysterious Ways, it sounds way better in the ZOO TV Live in Sydney vid and live generally.

Back
Top Bottom