U2:Songs for The Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate Dogg

Refugee
I want to put together a CD of U2 songs to listen to at night. I wanted some feedback or suggestions. I know others have made similar CDs. By the way, I don't want to include any instrumental tracks....

------------------
Nate

"Ready for the shuffle
Ready for the deal
Ready to let go of the steering wheel
I'm ready
Ready for the crush"

-Zoo Station

In a Little While..."When the night takes a deep breath"

So Cruel...just sounds so dark

Unforgettable Fire..."These city lights/They shine as silver and gold/Took from the night/Your eyes as black as coal"

One Tree Hill
With or Without you
All I Want is You
In a Little While
So Cruel
Wake up Dead Man
Bad
Running to Stand Still
Exit
Hawkmoon 269
Heartland
Mothers of the Disappeared

then, anything off of Passengers

I think the best song to listen to at night is Love Is Blindness

That bass is just so great
And so is the guitar...

Very atmospheric!

Originally posted by Badyouken:
I think the best song to listen to at night is Love Is Blindness

That bass is just so great
And so is the guitar...

Very atmospheric!

I agree, I love that song especially the live version on the the Sydney video, send shivers down the spine..

Others:

One
October
MLK
Stay

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

I like starting off with pride for some reason, it gets that whole love message across which is part of the theme of all the nice soft songs that I like so very very much... so here we go (in no particular order, save for pride, which is first)

Pride
Kite
All I want is you
The Unforgettable Fire
So cruel
Ultraviolet
One
In a Little while
One tree hill
Bad
With or without you
Still havent found what Im looking for
In God's country
Love is blindness
Grace

(put any of the passengers stuff in there too if need be, thats a killer CD, but Ive only had the oppertunity to listen to it once)

Achtung Baby is all about night to me.

I guess that stems from listening to it on long drives home from far away places.. but it also relates to Mr. Flanagan's theory of the Night City.

I can fall asleep to about anything, but usually i put on Zooropa, Passengers, M$H, or The Joshua Tree on. most of those albums are soothing, especially Zooropa, The First Time, Lemon, TGBHF, ISHFWILF, With or Without You, Slug, and Your Blue Room.

from other albums my choices are:
Love is Blindness, Heartland, If You Wear that Velvet Dress, October, MLK, 40, and Ultraviolet.

sweet dreams

------------------
Peace out and take care!
-Jason

P.S. "Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no-one is watching." - U2

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Achtung Baby is all about night to me.

I guess that stems from listening to it on long drives home from far away places.. but it also relates to Mr. Flanagan's theory of the Night City.

Skeek, I'm with you on that one. I've found that on some of my road-trips, AB makes the best night-time driving music. The themes themselves are dark, not to mention the music.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Skeek, I'm with you on that one. I've found that on some of my road-trips, AB makes the best night-time driving music. The themes themselves are dark, not to mention the music.

Without a doubt, AB is THE ultimate night driving album, especially the last three songs! Thinking about it makes me crave a midnight road trip now- sigh.

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

What else can I say......

ACHTUNG BABY!

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Your Blue Room
Night and Day
Velvet Dress

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

Mothers of the Disappeared, definitely. As well as If God Will Send His Angels, Wire, Silver and Gold (although loud at some parts, it's just one of those songs), Bad, and God Part II. I also think AB is most definitely the ultimate "night" album.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 04-12-2002).]

Here's the tracklist of the CD I made specifically for relaxing, reflective songs.. all are the album versions.

Bad
Walk to the Water
Miss Sarajevo
Stateless
Heartland
Stay
Running to Stand Still
October
The First Time
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Your Blue Room
Love is Blindness
Slow Dancing (from stay single)
Never Let Me Go
Grace
Promenade
Wake Up Dead Man
MLK

slug
love is blindness
exit
mothers of the disapeared
the first time
lemon
ultraviolet
all i want is you
fly
an cat dubh
shadows and tall trees
ocean
tomarow
drowning man
mlk
surrender
walk to the water
110clock tick tock
unchained melody
night and day
mysterious ways apollo 440 magic hour remix
two shots of happy one shot of sad
viva dafidoff
a different kind of blue
your blue room
im not your baby (with sinead o conner)
slide (with hutchience)
if you wear that velvet dress
elvis presely and america
beach sequence makes me think about waking up.. well most of passengers makes me think about that. but still....

There are many U 2 songs which sound special at night but there's one you may not miss: IF YOU WEAR THAT VELVET DRESS!

anna

------------------
...in the beginning...
rock'n'roll...
used to be dance music...

Back
Top Bottom