U2 songs covered by others.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CKONE

Acrobat
I can only recall a few:-

Streets - massacred by Pet Shop Boys
All I want is you - massacred by an irish girl group - Bellefire I think
Still Havent found - brutally massacred by a young girl (thought she was whitney houston)

They were all absolutely shite. Anybody recall any covers of U2 that deserve credit??

R.E.M did a cover of One as did Robbie Williams, R.EM's was better by far but Robsters wasn't bad.

There also Johnny Cashes cover of One which is simply epic.

KMFDM does a cover of Mysterious Ways which is listenable...
I also have a Radiohead version of SBS somewhere which isn’t bad. (but it isnt an official release though so I guess it's disqualified)

I think everyone under the sun has done a version of one (WHOA THAT RHYMED!!):wink:

CKONE said:

Still Havent found - brutally massacred by a young girl (thought she was whitney houston)

They were all absolutely shite. Anybody recall any covers of U2 that deserve credit??

No, not one.

Yes---- Love Is Blindness by Trespassers William. Fantastic. Snippet of Please in there....:drool:

Sepultura did a cover of Bullet the Blue Sky which was an interesting and pretty good metal take on the song

Utoo said:
Yes---- Love Is Blindness by Trespassers William. Fantastic. Snippet of Please in there....:drool:

Yes, this is gorgeous. I also really like Heartland by a band called ... XL-1? LX-1? It's got an X and a 1 in the title.

I'm one of the few U2 fans who likes the Pet Shop Boys cover of "Where the Streets Have No Name/Can't Take My Eyes Off You." I think it's super fun. (Then again, I like the Pet Shop Boys and good pop/dance music, so there you go. :wink: )

Oh, and I like Mary J Blige's cover of One as well.

Cher - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

I need an smilie of someone blowing their own brians out. Please?

CKONE said:

Ey, the PSB version is great, actually bought ticket today for the forthcoming PSB concert in Oslo!

Elvis Costelo - Please
Seal - ISHFWILF
Smashing Pumpkins - Stay
Daultry - SBS
Wierd Al - HMTMKMKM
Johny Cash - One
Enigma - Ultraviolet
POD - Bullet The Blue Sky
The Pole Cats - Desire
Pearl Jam - A Sort of Homecomming, Bad, MLK, Yehweh

Dream Theater's cover of Red Hill Mining Town is much better than U2's original.

Their cover of Bad, however, is kind of boring.

I don't think REM did a public performance of One except for the Automatic Baby performance (Larry, Adam, Stipe, Mills).

Two signs of the end of the apocalypse, or at least hoping for it:

1. Streets - Clay Aitken
2. In God's Country - Dave Matthews.

Snowlock said:
1. Streets - Clay Aitken

Oh shit yah! I forgot about Clay Aiken... That was pretty unfortunate. Someone was obviously not paying attention that day when his reps called to ask for that one...

"Clay who?"
"American what?"
"Yah, Yah, whatever, just make the check out to Adam Clayton, thats A.D.A.M...." :wink:

I think Nirvana has played Sunday Bloody Sunday.
And a friend sent me a version of ISHFWILF with Gregorian.

The Dead (the Grateful Dead minus Jerry Garcia) did a painfully bad version of One, but it was still far better than Live's cover of Running to Stand Still, which actually made me want to stick things in my eyes.

I don't know, it seems like U2 is an awfully tough band to cover well. For awhile I thought maybe I was just being too harsh of a critic, but I've heard plenty of covers of Bruce Springsteen songs (for instance) that I really like, so I don't think it's just me being too picky.

That Smashing Pumpkins cover of Stay is pretty nice. I definitely wouldn't mind hearing Elvis Costello's cover of Please

u2wanderer claims that C & C Music Factory did a cover of Pride :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom