U2 songs at the mall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bildo

The Fly
I hate hearing U2 songs in the mall, it seems those spots are reserved for washed up guys who need all the 15 cent royalty checks they can get. Its even weirder when youre hearing songs from the latest album, its like "uhh I was listening to that on the way over here." Stuck in a Moment, Beautiful Day, and Kite seem to be on a regular rotation at the mall here (not back home, around my college)

To put a positive spin on it - having U2 songs on at the mall is good promotion for U2. Helps win new fans, possibly. :)

Me neither...it's not about 15-cent royalty check; music is to be enjoyed by people and lots of people go to the mall and I'm sure many of those people enjoy U2 songs. As an expert on mall-store music, there's LOADS of popular music and I know I'd rather hear U2 three times a day than Avril Lavinge or the A-teens...

I tend to sing along and de-enhance the shopping experience of anyone shopping with me...or at my store. Somehow the manager singing along to Electical Storm does not make people want to buy khakis...

well it was'nt at the mall...but, at the cinemas last year when i went to see some movie...they started playing Pop!!!

i only caught the 3 of the tracks, which were
If you wear that velvet dres
please &
wake up dead man

Back
Top Bottom