U2 song to be played at your funeral.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tomorrow is too spooky... "will you be back, tomorrow"

I thought "With Or Without You", just to make the people cry... they have, they MUST :mad:

or Walk On, so everyone after the ceremony say "he tought about us even when he's dead"... then you become a LEGEND... a LEGEND I tell you... :hyper:

Sad to think about...I would have to say the songs that in my opinion would be the saddest to hear at a funeral would be

Bad
All I Want is You
The First Time (This one most of all for some reason)
One
MLK

I don't want any songs played at the funeral itself, because people never know what to do while they're playing (I recently had to sit through a ten minute Queen rendition)

But my wake is going to F*****g Rock.

A Sort Of Homecoming....."oh don't sorrow no don't weep, for tonite at last I am coming home".....

Last edited:
Beautiful idea for a thread!!

i guess i would want either Walk On or A sort of homecoming....

starsgoblue said:
My mother told me on New Year's that when she dies she wants me to play "Kite".

:|
:sad:

I'm not sure what I'd want yet...I'll have to think about it....

Stars! :hug: I've missed you!

Beautiful Day /
Where The Streets Have No Name /
"40" or Walk On or Grace

Those are the songs I would have for the poignant version that if I was attending, I'd like to hear, and like my loved ones to hear.

However, I'd prefer to be a bit mischievious and have at least one 'far-out' tune in there. Maybe a rocking favourite like The Fly, or something to lighten the atmosphere such as one of Edge's karaoke turns from 1997 - Daydream Believer perhaps?!

Or maybe something totally hysterical/surreal, for which I think I'd have to look to somebody other than U2, heh something like Nena's 99 Red Balloons - yes I am deranged!

So far, there aren't any U2 songs I'd want to be played at my funeral. I'm still waiting for them to write a song called "I'll See You All In Hell".

Last edited:
One Step Closer and/or Walk On

Hopefully there will be a bigger selection between now and when I die :wink:

I had to write my ideal obituary a few years back as my first assignment in grad school. Very strange assignment, but certainly makes you think. How will people remember me versus how do I want to be remembered? I think about that, though, quite often, actually. As for the songs, I've already thought about that because of that excercise.

Falling at your Feet (MDH)
Kite
Beautiful Day

I want "Walk On" for mine.
The son of a lady who goes to my church died a couple years ago :( too young, and my mom says "Stairway to Heaven" was played at his funeral.

Back
Top Bottom