U2 Singing On The Tribute Show!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just wanted to say add that upon first glance, it looked like Ringo Starr, but it wasn't him or Clapton or various other people we here have suggested.

But I want to know if I'm totally off base in thinking it was Daniel Lanois? I wouldn't be surprised if it was, but if it wasn't, my faux pas!

tania

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Blarg what channel!!???

LOL. Crap.

It's on 4 different networks... I'm watching it via FOX. Better hustle Sicy
tongue.gif

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I doubt it was Lanois, because Danny doesn't look like that

LOL, I'm sorry, you're probably correct. Like I said, I'm an idiot.
wink.gif

But it was NOT Eric Clapton like others are guessing. LOL

And it's not Ringo either. This guy is a wee bit stockier, esp. more so than Clapton!

Well, I'm sure someone will post the truth online soon.

Again, apologizing for my idiocy

tania

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Blarg what channel!!???

LOL. Crap.

Umm, Sicy, I am hoping that is some kind of a joke.

I have cable and with the cable channels and networks, it was on over 25 stations where I live! Or I should say *is* on.

MTV, VH1, ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, Fox Family, etc., etc. are all airing it, commercial free

tania

i think the guitarist was 70's rock star Cat Stevens,who now is a muslim known as Yusif Islam. looks like him???

vh1_cat.jpg

yi_italy_icon.gif

The other guy performing with U2 is actually Dave Stewart, one half of The Eurythmics (remember them?). If you look at the sleevenotes for ATYCLB under Walk On it actually states that he provided Bono with early inspiration for that track. Judging by the performance tonight it's pretty clear to me what Bono's stance on rececnt world events has been. We've got to leave it behind.

Wow, how long has it been since I've seen Eddie Vedder anywhere, let alone on TV?
eek.gif

He's in good form though, and it's great to see Neil Young with him.
smile.gif

tania--who thinks this is turning out to be one classy tribute telethon

Originally posted by Diemen:
Actually, it's not on the westcoast for another hour and a half (9pm).

Ah, Diemen, I think you just answered my question (whew). Fox will, in fact, be showing it on the west coast from 9-11? Because it is on a lot of stations on the west coast right now and I missed U2!

But saw Sting--that was a beautiful, moving performance. Probably the most intimate performance of Fragile I've heard.

------------------
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned

-W.B. Yeats

Oh My...i don't know what to say..Eddie Vedder's performance was breathtaking....one of my favorite pj songs....so moving. and yes, neil in the background, i loved that.

and BTW, at first i didn't even recognize ed...with his hair SHORT...yes, he has in fact grown up...not to get superficial here..but he's never looked better.

oh wow...these are all some great performances....less mariah carrey perhaps

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
Who was that guy before Celine? I just caught a second--kind of sounded like David Byrne but that can't be.

Paul Simon

Man, what is this world coming to when Paul Simon isn't recognized?
wink.gif
Yes that was Simon playing a wonderful version of "Bridge Over Troubled Water"

Back
Top Bottom