U2 Singing On The Tribute Show!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Hobbes531:
i was wondering who the other guy was and the first person i thought of was Ringo Starr. Don't know why, but i did.

Incredible performance too. a lot of emotion was present.

I thought of Ringo Starr immediately too, Hobbes!

------------------
boom cha, boom cha.................discotheque!

I think he was either talking to the victims, saying he'll see them in heaven. Or he was telling the city of New York that he'll see them when he gets home. But I would assume the first. They performed at about 9:15 or so. It was simply amazing. You think they will just finish the shows with that now. POE seque Walk On?

I'll call and try and get Benicio Del Toro-he is hot!!
eek.gif

He's awesome...ever see Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas?

------------------
"Enough of this video bullshit, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry

~April

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
Enrique Englacias I think (spelling is off I'm sure
biggrin.gif
)

It is Enrique Iglesias

And Diemen, U2 is like the third to perform

------------------
The more you take the less you feel
The less you know the more you believe
The more you have the more it takes today

HOLY COW ALL MY ROCK N ROLL HEROES IN THE SPACE OF 45 MINUTES!!!!!!

Wow, what did Springsteen sing? It was awesome!
Petty doing AND I WON'T BACK DOWN

Neil Young and Imagine!!! Did that give you all goosebumps or what???

This show is AMAZING!!

Who was that woman who just sang? Just before Robin Williams.....

I loved U2?s performance, amazing. Touching and simple. Those first lines from Peace on Earth, they gave me chills. And the black & white image also, beautiful. I was hoping to see Walk On also.

They edited out all the middle verses.....I guess they didn't want any of the "Did I disappoint you" or "we hurt each other and we'll do it again" stuff. It's shame to cut that song up, though.

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
no, Conan is the MOFO-ing man!!!!! hehe
smile.gif

Or perhaps that honor belongs to Wyclef performing the best Marley song ever
wink.gif

I'm just completely blown away...that was just so beautiful & incredibly moving. You could just see it all over Bono's face. God, I could just cry. O God, now Redemption Song! I just had to come here & share this moment with you guys. Peace.

------------------
we move through miracle days....

Amazing and beautiful.

Okay, I posted this on the music board at Fan Forum. So some things may not fit here, but I thought I'd share my opinion:

Well, I saw and taped U2's "performance" on the telethon for America. I don't like to call it a "performance" as it sort of lessens the depth to it, but you all know what I mean.

First off, Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen started the show and he was amazing. Very strong and moving.

U2 came on about 10 minutes or so later? Can't think. I have to say that despite my being U2-obsessed I hope I have some part of me that is unbiased, but they did a wonderful job! The fact that it was in black and white really gave it more of an effect that I think they wanted to come across. It was just all the more real to me.

I have to say that I teared up and got all choked up. Just thinking of what has happened. And then they started off with the first verse to "Peace On Earth" which I am glad they decided to use. Bono's voice was very raw and powerful and very emotional. Looked like it was hard for him to get through. Hard for me too and all the others watching, I'd imagine.

Then they went into a great rendition of "Walk On" and that was equally strong and profound.

Okay, you ladies would know more than anyone, for those who watched, was that their longtime friend and producer, Daniel Lanois playing guitar next to Edge or no???

At the close of the song, Bono went into "Hallelujah" in a different way from what I've heard him do (and from what I saw in concert). When he talked about coming home, it made me think of home as in Heaven. Anyone else feel that way too?

Sigh.

As for the rest, Ali was moving. So were the Muslim children.

I wasn't impressed with Enrique Iglesias. The whole "baby" and stuff, I don't know, it seemed more of a romantic angst song, you know?

Quite surprised to see Neil Young do "Imagine." But it worked.

Take care all!

I also caught "One" and recorded it. Very fitting.

tania

Back
Top Bottom