U2 should do a cover of...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
...While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Maybe not a studio cover, but a live one. I think Edge and Bono could pull it off quite well.

touchè, namkcur! I really wish they covered The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill/While My Guitar Gently Weeps... (Maybe Adam could sing the part: "All the children sing." ...maybe not.) :wink:

Wouldn't it be interesting if they covered or did a version of 'Every Breath You Take' by the Police?

:| I've been obsessed with the Police lately, and I guess it's just the obsession joining forces with my U2 obsession. :wink:

i think it would be cool to hear u2 play with peter gabriel - absolutely any song - 'red rain', 'come talk to me', 'secret world' (that would rock!).:drool:

U2 covering the Pixies would be er...cool. :wink:

Also, them covering Elliott Smith would be interesting...

But now I'm just naming my favorite bands. :D

they have enough original material, no need to do covers. however, i'd love to see bono do a jesus christ superstar number, messiah inc. meets mary complex fantasy-type-thing....

U2 :up: :up: :up:
Peter Gabriel :up: :up: :up:

I just don't know how good they would sound together.

Vindicated by Dashboard Confessional.

This song reminds me of a younger U2, I can totally imagine them singing it. It's got the right kind of soaring chorus that Bono loves, and I can really see Edge getting into the guitar on this song.

I've been told they've already performed this before, but I've never heard it - so my choice is: Never Tear Us Apart by INXS. :drool: :drool: :drool:

originally posted by dudeman
i think it would be cool to hear u2 play with peter gabriel - absolutely any song - 'red rain', 'come talk to me', 'secret world' (that would rock!).

"In Your Eyes" would sound great :drool:

dudeman said:
i think it would be cool to hear u2 play with peter gabriel - absolutely any song - 'red rain', 'come talk to me', 'secret world' (that would rock!).:drool:

In the Achtung Baby "thank you" notes, they include Peter Gabriel, so I think they are friends of his.

I love those Peter Gabriel songs you mentioned too - a U2 cover would be great.

My other choice would be Radiohead - Let Down - it sounds quite U2-ish to me.

BluRmGrl said:
I've been told they've already performed this before, but I've never heard it - so my choice is: Never Tear Us Apart by INXS. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Really? I was just thinking that would be a cool song for them to do. :ohmy:
But maybe that's just cos i love that song.
I also thought maybe a Beatles number (the good Beatles songs, not "love me do" or anything)
maybe "Let It Be" or "Long and Winding Road" or something.
But then again, everyone covers Beatles tracks, so maybe they should do something less traditional.

U2 should do a cover of AC/DCs Jailbreak they would dress in the school uniforms you know,:|

Back
Top Bottom