U2 Set To Return The Torch To The Police

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:

Good Lord, what do you do go and quote every post that has anything slightly derogatory about the Police and post a rebuttal?? We get it, your user name alone says you prefer the Police. But dont expect everyone to say they are better than U2 on a U2 board because most of us dont think so. I like them, will go see them. But they are not even the same strastosphere of U2 to me and probably alot of other people here.

First off, U2 didnt break up and have been around. We are not talking about hypotheticals we are talking about what is a fact. The Grammys were hyped as the reunion of The Police and it was a big deal for that reason. For the same reason this tour is, because they havent done a tour in over 20 years. What major reunion tour has not sold well? Even semi big acts that have reunited have done good numbers and generated quite a bit of hype for their initial reunion tours. IE Kiss, Motley Cure, etc.. The Police are no different and were a bigger band than either of those. So yes, it being so long is why its being hyped. You want to go hypothetical. What if The Police broke up before Synchronicity? Its the same as saying if U2 broke up after the Joshua Tree. :shrug:

Coldplay????? They are nowhere near U2 or The Police. Thats like comparing an apple to a peanut. I dont think Green Day are either, although I think they are closer than Coldplay at the moment. When an artist puts together 3 or 4 great records and is billed as the biggest, and is such a live concert draw they have to play at least some stadium shows to meet demand, then they are the level of U2 and The Police. Coldplay isnt even close at this point. There are very few artists that reach that level.

I wont post anything else in this thread because its honestly not that big of a deal to me. I'm sure you will have more hypotheticals that have nothing to do with what the current situation is. Have fun. :)

Well.... thanks for reading my thoughts.... in a calmer way...:wink:

Back
Top Bottom