U2`s saddest song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Kite"...the song is supposed to be kind of reassuring, but it is still sad as heck.

I think So Cruel does it for me.
Although I find Peace on Earth to be heart-wrenching too...
Don't forget Mothers of the Disappeared.

"To tell the ones who hear no sound who's sons are living in the ground...peace on earth" :( :sad:

Yes! Kite is sad.
Especially the "A MAAAAAN" part.

First you feel the strength of bono , but
later he must confess that there are some things happening in life that he can`t control. ("I don`t know where the wind will blow")
So sad!:sad:

Last edited:
Oh for me the saddest is

'The First Time'

I picture it about a man diving to his death, wearing a long coat....and he is diving off a bridge away from everyone.....could be morning, could be night.....

hes falling and falling (before Bono does the hoo ooooohs) - that strong guitar moment. His arms lifted and open wide to greet Jesus.

:sad:

Last edited:
Mothers of the Disappeared is probably the saddest for me.

Other honourable mentions go to Bad, RTSS, and yes, I agree, Kite..."I want you to know that you don't need me anymore.":sad:

Wake Up Dead Man also has some sad moments. Mofo can be heart wrenching at parts.

mothers of the disappeard by a long shot. i was going to do that song for my poetry presentation, but then i realized 99% of the time i listen to it, i cry, and i can't exactly start crying in class now can i? :sad: :)

Not technically a U2 song I guess since it's just Larry and Bono and they didn't write it, but "Dreaming with Tears in My Eyes" is super sad - love it though.

*ok, so this doesn't count at all*

KhanadaRhodes said:
mothers of the disappeard by a long shot. i was going to do that song for my poetry presentation, but then i realized 99% of the time i listen to it, i cry, and i can't exactly start crying in class now can i? :sad: :)

They performed this song in Chile.(it was one of the POPMART Shows)
Pinochet the:censored:.... well i guess I must say it ASSHOLE
was still an importent person in this country, at this time.

So U2 performed this song (as a protest) and some of the mothers of the disappered were standing behind them.

I once saw that on TV.
Oh my god!

:sad: :sad: :sad:

I realy love U2 for doing these kind of things!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

One:(
Love is Blindness - no question
Never Let Me Go
Please in a way
Some versions of Sunday Bloody Sunday
Velvet Dress

And The Hands That Built America - when I listened to it for the very first time two days ago I almost started crying at the part with the cloud in the New York sky line :sad::sad::sad:

A Maaaaaaan said:
They performed this song in Chile.(it was one of the POPMART Shows)
Pinochet the:censored:.... well i guess I must say it ASSHOLE
was still an importent person in this country, at this time.

So U2 performed this song (as a protest) and some of the mothers of the disappered were standing behind them.
:yes: i remember that.

sting wrote a similar song around the same time called "they dance alone," which was banned in chile.

I thought seeing "Miss Sarajevo" set to the violent imagery on the History Mix DVD was something.

ONE
WOWY

Apart from the lyrics themselves, the songs are sad because you can feel the pain of the song through his voice, like he is pleading.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Back
Top Bottom