U2?s recorddeal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissZooropa

Refugee
I'm reading U2@TEOTW right now and am at the chapter where they discuss U2?s new recorddeal, right after they had finished the Zooropa-album that finished their current deal with Island.

In the book it says that after some negotiations the new deal set for six new albums. If this deal is still working this means they have at least three more albums to do (or two if The MDH soundtrack counts).
Does anyone know if this is still the fact or if it was any changes when Universal bought Island.

Thanks for your help!

Sara

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

Originally posted by NicaMom:
It's more likely they renegotiated the contract when Interscope bought Island records.
B]

They did. I think it was for 3 albums, signed after the Best Of release.

*kicks self for throwing the article away with all the juicy details*

Originally posted by Zoomeranger:
They did. I think it was for 3 albums, signed after the Best Of release.

*kicks self for throwing the article away with all the juicy details*

I heard something about that as well, that's why I got confused reading this. Well, at least that leaves us with one more album, if MDH counts, again...
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

Back
Top Bottom