U2 Remix Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
With I tunes and boots I almost have all the remixes that U2 has done. The following remixes are my winners and (losers) :wink:

Best Remix: 1) Beautiful day (david holmes remix)-gorgeous bass-too bad it had no lyrics to make it perfect
2) Numb (perfecto mix)
3) Lemon (Lemonade mix)
4) Dirty day (Junk day mix)

Worst Remix: 1)Last night on earth (first night on hell mix)
2)Discotheque ( DM Deep instrumental mix)
3)Staring at the sun (sad bastards mix)
4)Im not your baby (skysplitter dub)

Best Edit: Discotheque (radio edit)

Worst Edit: Please USA Edit (completely sliced up to pieces)

Cheesiest Remix: Discotheque (DM deep instrumental mix)

Best Group of Remixes: Lemon - Many nice variations of the original make these good listens

Most disappointing Group of Remixes: MOFO. Had the potential to create many variations of the original but a lot of them were rather boring except the fabulous MATHEW ROBERTS EXPLICIT MIX.

Nastiest Remix: MOFO (Mathew Roberts Explicit Remix)

Remix BETTER than original version:1) Cant help falling in Love (Triple Peaks Remix)
2)Dirty Day (Junk day mix)

I know U2 fans are very divided with remixes but some are great.

I love the IGWSHA remix.

The Lemon remix with the gospel singers on it made me actually like Lemon, I didn't like the original for a long time.(sorry I can't remember the name I no longer own it for I gave my single to a friend, it was on one of the singles to Stay)

Desire Hollywood mix is excellent.

There are others that I can't think of right now.

Oh and the Dirty Day(Bitter Kiss) remix where Bono starts screaming 'Wake Up' that gets me everytime.

Last edited:
Yeah, I love the David Holmes "Remix." I probably listen to it more than the actual song.

snutes1 said:
Most disappointing Group of Remixes: MOFO. Had the potential to create many variations of the original but a lot of them were rather boring except the fabulous MATHEW ROBERTS EXPLICIT MIX.

I agree.

I also absolutely adore the Perfecto Mix of "Even Better Than The Real Thing". That's one of my favorite songs to get me movin'. :dance:

Re: Re: U2 Remix Awards

timothius said:

Also Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix) is vastly superior to the album version, as well as Influx Mix.

Oh, yes!!! Influx is the best!!! :drool:

Even Better Than The Real Thing(V16 Exit Wound Mix) is one of my favorite EBTTRT mixes....the short guitar riff in the chorus is badass.

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses(Temple Bar Mix) is superior to the album version.

Lemon(Perfecto Mix) is really good, great beat and I like the woman's singing, whoever she is.

Lemon(Bad Yard Club Mix) - I love the horn and everything. I think they modeled the ZooTV live performances of this song after this mix.

A number of Mofo, Discotheque, SATS, and IGWSHA mixes are good.

In particular, SATS(Monster Truck Mix), Mofo(Romin Remix), and IGWSHA(Grand Jury Mix) kick ass.

Elevation(Influx Mix) is great.

I love the USA edit of "Please"....I think it's the best version of the song as I found the original to be far too long.

I hate most remixes, but I think the Dub Mix of Wire is good, and Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss) and I'm Not Your Baby (Skysplitter Dub) are both better than the original.

I second that point on 'Wire (Dub Mix)'. Love it to bits.

The Jacknife Lee (10"??!? 12?!?!?) remix of Vertigo is a hit in my books as well.

Best remix award definitely goes to New York (Nasty Mix). I like that remix so much that I should form a fan club.

My awards go to:

1. Salomé (Zooromancer Remix)
2. Holy Joe (Guilty Mix)
3. Lemon (Perfecto)
4. Even better than the real Thing (Perfecto)
5. Desire (The Hollywood Remix)

though not in my top5, I like Last Night on Earth (First Night in Hell) especially when driving (fast) at night.

Special mention for:
New Year's Day (Ferry Corsten Remix)

i love discoteqe , the version on the b sides disc on 90-00 . and lemon mix that was sued during the 97 tour. god will send hios angels is good. that famous even better rocks. i;m not good on the names,lol the remix of i;m not your baby is good,lol and i never heard the oringle.

Back
Top Bottom