U2 rehearsing Exit for upcoming tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flying FuManchu said:
I haven't heard the live version of Exit... is it the same as the album version? IMO Exit could stand to use some more flourishes live (extra guitar parts like New York, Last Night, etc.). I like the song but it has gotten a little plain over time...

You never heard the Rattle and Hum version from the movie?

Exit really took off live.

unless they totally rip a new version of Exit (ala The Fly during Elevation Tour) they can leave that song on the shelf and play me "Please" again. Great song live, great great song.

exit is sooooo much better live--it takes on a new life that you wouldn't expect from the studio version. definitely check out the rattle and hum version. it's amazing.

Yeah I like Exit. Great version on the R&H DVD. Mixed feelings about it being on the new tour (if indeed it is) but... it could be one of these songs that mature when left alone for a few years and come back with a new life!

U2 have gotten better as musicians since 1987. I can't even to begin to imagine what U2 in 2004 would sound like playing Exit live. I think it would be VERY heavy, mindblowing stuff. epic.

Does anyone else find it weird that someone managed to hear U2 playing 'Exit' at rehearsals but haven't heard one new song played out of the studio? I thought the same thing about the B-side (Neon Lights) leaking before any song from the new album was heard.

Murray said:
Does anyone else find it weird that someone managed to hear U2 playing 'Exit' at rehearsals but haven't heard one new song played out of the studio? I thought the same thing about the B-side (Neon Lights) leaking before any song from the new album was heard.

Actually, the report on U2eastlink.com forum is much more detailed than you think. The guy who heard Exit also heard all the songs from the new album - he described it they are in the same vain as AB, with one song reminding him of One and the other of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

djerdap said:

Actually, the report on U2eastlink.com forum is much more detailed than you think. The guy who heard Exit also heard all the songs from the new album - he described it they are in the same vain as AB, with one song reminding him of One and the other of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

Cool. :cool:

That's one of my favorite live songs ever

The Rattle and Hum version that was filmed in Denver is so awesome

Exit... :drool: :drool: :drool:

Let me recount the song here...... the version off R&H....

You know he got the cure
You know he went astray
He used to stay awake
To drive the dreams he had away
He wanted to believe
In the hands of love
The hands of love

His head it felt heavy
As he cut across the land
A dog started crying
Like a broken hearted man
At the howling wind
At the howling wind

He went deeper into black
Deeper into white
He could see the stars shining
Like nails in the night
He felt the healing
Healing, healing
Healing hands of love
Like the stars shiny shiny from above

His hand in his pocket
His finger on the steel
The pistol weighed heavy
In his heart he could feel
It was beating, beating
Beating, beating oh my love
Oh my love, oh my love
Oh my love, oh my love

See the hands that build
The hands that built
Can also pull down
Even the hands of love
Even the hands of love

Gloria
G-L-O-R-I-A
Gloria
G-L-O-R-I-A
Gloria
G-L-O-R-I-A
Gloria
G-L-O-R-I-A
Gloria
G-L-O-R-I-A
Gloria
G-L-O-R-I-A
Gloria
G-L-O-R-I-A
Gloria
G-L-O-R-I-A
Gloria
Gloria
G-L-O-R-I-A
Gloria
G-L-O-R-I-A
Gloria!

as a footnote, I took the trouble of going to @u2.com website where it has the lyrics shown and, believe it or not, its listed as "Live in New York". Yeah I know! :shrug: Now where did that come from?!?!? I always thought it was recorded in Denver! Can anyone clarify that?

Cant frigging wait to see U2 live again next year!

dougal

If the story is true about U2 rehearsing Exit.... It seems a bit early and strange to rehearse songs several months before the tour starts, while at the same time there will probably be some promo concerts. To me, it looks like they're rehearsing for some promo concerts.

Last edited:
djerdap said:

Hey could you provide a link to the thread in question please?

Thanks in advance :D

I just went over to U2Eastlink.com and, seing as how I don't speak that language, cannot find the more extensive article. Does anyone have the link or the ability to just paste it here?

james

My question is, "Why hasn't U2 been doing this song for the past 15 years?"

Maybe they don't like as much as we all do.

boosterjuice said:
My question is, "Why hasn't U2 been doing this song for the past 15 years?"

Maybe they don't like as much as we all do.

During the Joshua Tree tour a man murdered the acress Rebecca Shaeffer. The man a fan of Shaeffer’s, a stalker, shot and killed her (This man blamed his actions on the U2 song “Exit.”).
This was during the Joshua Tree tour. For obvious reasons they stopped playing the song.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom