U2 really needs to get on the road again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I am just tired of going to concerts where I'm just mildly amused with the show. I want to go to see the best fucking band on earth!! I went to a Simon and Garfunkel show the other night, at the request of my parents. It wasn't a bad show, but it was just sorta not what I'm used to in arena concert setting. The crowd was all old people sitting down, clapping their hands with the ones they remember best.

They did a very good show, but I just kept thinking "man, think of what this arena would look and feel like if U2 were in here playing." I really miss U2 shows. I haven't been to many great concerts lately. Dave Matthews Band was the only concert I attended this year that blew me away. The year before, it was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I really need to be elevated again!

(....not really looking for a response, just venting)

I'd love to see Simon and Garfunkel.. man they are legends. I hope you realize just how lukcy you are that you caught that show. Paul Simon has to be one of the greatest song writers of all time.

but yeah, I'm ready for another u2 tour too

I got S & G tickets for my Mom for Christmas..she qualifies as an "old person". I don't think you can go wild at a S&G concert :wink:

I'd like to see them too. Yes, they are legends, and I think Art has one of the most beautiful voices of all time.

If you wanted to see a great concert, you should have seen Bruce while he was on tour :)

MrsSpringsteen said:
I got S & G tickets for my Mom for Christmas..she qualifies as an "old person". I don't think you can go wild at a S&G concert :wink:

I'd like to see them too. Yes, they are legends, and I think Art has one of the most beautiful voices of all time.

If you wanted to see a great concert, you should have seen Bruce while he was on tour :)

I'd have loved to have seen Bruce. But he only did one arena show in Columbus, and it sold out instantly.

Simon and Garfunkel were amazing. I maybe understated their performance at first. They were incredible, and Art's voice hasn't faltered any. Paul Simon is an incredibly talented songwriter, and I never knew what a great guitar player he was. If you can get Simon and Garfunkel tickets and you appreciate a piece of history, then by all means go. They are incredible.

And btw, my Mother has also seen U2 a few times, so there you go :)

I think it's good to be open to seeing various types of concerts

I bet even Bono could get into a S&G concert :wink:

I've seen two very good shows this year, Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews...and Dave had kind of bored me the last time I saw him. But there's something about U2. I was once further away from U2 than I was for Pearl Jam but the level of emotion was higher and more people in the crowd were excited and completely wrapped up in the energy of the show.

I can't WAIT for U2 to get back on the road!!

Schmeg said:
But there's something about U2. I was once further away from U2 than I was for Pearl Jam but the level of emotion was higher and more people in the crowd were excited and completely wrapped up in the energy of the show.

I totally agree. To me noone holds a candle to U2 when it comes to the feeling and experience of seeing and hearing them live. It's like you can literally feel the music penetrate your soul.

I can't wait either!

Schmeg said:
I've seen two very good shows this year, Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews...and Dave had kind of bored me the last time I saw him. But there's something about U2. I was once further away from U2 than I was for Pearl Jam but the level of emotion was higher and more people in the crowd were excited and completely wrapped up in the energy of the show.

This summer for me was my 3rd DMB show. The first two really bored me, but my friends convinced me to go again. And I don't know why...it must've been a combination of many things....but I loved it. I loved it so much in Columbus that me and some others got tickets to see him a week later in Cincinnati, and it was also great. I became a DMB fan this summer. I wanted to see Pearl Jam, but their Columbus show also sold out real quick.

[/QUOTE] [/B] I'd love to see Simon & Garfunkel and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and U2. I've never gotten the chance to see any of those bands live, and I really want to. [/B][/QUOTE]

I already said that S & G are great, and you have probably heard many great U2 stories. But let me tell you about Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. This is a great live band we're talking about. They have so many great songs. It's a different experience than a U2 concert. Tom is just so personable, you feel more like he is just a friend of yours whose band is playing at a party with 20,000 of your friends in attendance. This is a band who has both the "rock" and "roll" part down pat in the phrase rock'n'roll. U2 rock more than they roll. See Tom Petty if you can, he's great.

The_acrobat said:
I already said that S & G are great, and you have probably heard many great U2 stories.

Yep.

Originally posted by The_acrobat
But let me tell you about Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. This is a great live band we're talking about. They have so many great songs. It's a different experience than a U2 concert. Tom is just so personable, you feel more like he is just a friend of yours whose band is playing at a party with 20,000 of your friends in attendance. This is a band who has both the "rock" and "roll" part down pat in the phrase rock'n'roll. U2 rock more than they roll. See Tom Petty if you can, he's great.

That's kinda how my dad explained it to me (at the time he went to see them, I was not yet a fan, and I was still kinda young). He still says it's the best concert he's ever seen, and he's seen many (hasn't seen U2 yet either, though, but he'd love to see them as well).

And I've heard that same thing from other Tom Petty fans.

I really would love to see them someday, definitely. When I have the money and the means and everything, next time they tour, you'd better believe I'm going.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom