U2 really needs to get on the road again. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-29-2003, 11:54 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,176
Local Time: 05:18 PM
U2 really needs to get on the road again.

I am just tired of going to concerts where I'm just mildly amused with the show. I want to go to see the best fucking band on earth!! I went to a Simon and Garfunkel show the other night, at the request of my parents. It wasn't a bad show, but it was just sorta not what I'm used to in arena concert setting. The crowd was all old people sitting down, clapping their hands with the ones they remember best.

They did a very good show, but I just kept thinking "man, think of what this arena would look and feel like if U2 were in here playing." I really miss U2 shows. I haven't been to many great concerts lately. Dave Matthews Band was the only concert I attended this year that blew me away. The year before, it was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. I really need to be elevated again!

(....not really looking for a response, just venting)
__________________

The_acrobat is offline  
Old 10-29-2003, 03:12 PM   #2
Refugee
 
Dorian Gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 1,520
Local Time: 05:18 PM
I'd love to see Simon and Garfunkel.. man they are legends. I hope you realize just how lukcy you are that you caught that show. Paul Simon has to be one of the greatest song writers of all time.

but yeah, I'm ready for another u2 tour too
__________________

Dorian Gray is offline  
Old 10-29-2003, 03:41 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 26,129
Local Time: 12:18 PM
I got S & G tickets for my Mom for Christmas..she qualifies as an "old person". I don't think you can go wild at a S&G concert

I'd like to see them too. Yes, they are legends, and I think Art has one of the most beautiful voices of all time.

If you wanted to see a great concert, you should have seen Bruce while he was on tour
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 10-29-2003, 04:28 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,176
Local Time: 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I got S & G tickets for my Mom for Christmas..she qualifies as an "old person". I don't think you can go wild at a S&G concert

I'd like to see them too. Yes, they are legends, and I think Art has one of the most beautiful voices of all time.

If you wanted to see a great concert, you should have seen Bruce while he was on tour
I'd have loved to have seen Bruce. But he only did one arena show in Columbus, and it sold out instantly.

Simon and Garfunkel were amazing. I maybe understated their performance at first. They were incredible, and Art's voice hasn't faltered any. Paul Simon is an incredibly talented songwriter, and I never knew what a great guitar player he was. If you can get Simon and Garfunkel tickets and you appreciate a piece of history, then by all means go. They are incredible.
The_acrobat is offline  
Old 10-29-2003, 04:35 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 26,129
Local Time: 12:18 PM
And btw, my Mother has also seen U2 a few times, so there you go

I think it's good to be open to seeing various types of concerts

I bet even Bono could get into a S&G concert
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 10-29-2003, 07:43 PM   #6
Refugee
 
what a bomb!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Winchester, England
Posts: 1,101
Local Time: 05:18 PM
"I'm just a poor boy and my story seldom told....."
what a bomb! is offline  
Old 10-29-2003, 10:07 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,066
Local Time: 11:18 AM
I'd love to see Simon & Garfunkel and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and U2. I've never gotten the chance to see any of those bands live, and I really want to.

Hopefully I'll get the chance in the future to see them all.

Angela
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 10-29-2003, 10:29 PM   #8
War Child
 
drumkeeran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Upstate NY, USA - own personal Bono pleaser
Posts: 959
Local Time: 12:18 PM
Hey I need a spiritual fix!

I saw Peter Gabriel (4th row) and Bruce twice (one failed exorcism at Fenway) and I'm yearning for U2!

But I'm a bit worried unless I'm up front I won't get the same indoor feeling in a stadium.
drumkeeran is offline  
Old 10-29-2003, 10:37 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 01:18 PM
I've seen two very good shows this year, Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews...and Dave had kind of bored me the last time I saw him. But there's something about U2. I was once further away from U2 than I was for Pearl Jam but the level of emotion was higher and more people in the crowd were excited and completely wrapped up in the energy of the show.

I can't WAIT for U2 to get back on the road!!
Schmeg is offline  
Old 10-29-2003, 11:16 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Kariann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Posts: 12,551
Local Time: 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
But there's something about U2. I was once further away from U2 than I was for Pearl Jam but the level of emotion was higher and more people in the crowd were excited and completely wrapped up in the energy of the show.

I can't WAIT for U2 to get back on the road!!
I totally agree. To me noone holds a candle to U2 when it comes to the feeling and experience of seeing and hearing them live. It's like you can literally feel the music penetrate your soul.

I can't wait either!
Kariann is offline  
Old 10-29-2003, 11:23 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,176
Local Time: 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
I've seen two very good shows this year, Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews...and Dave had kind of bored me the last time I saw him. But there's something about U2. I was once further away from U2 than I was for Pearl Jam but the level of emotion was higher and more people in the crowd were excited and completely wrapped up in the energy of the show.

I can't WAIT for U2 to get back on the road!!
This summer for me was my 3rd DMB show. The first two really bored me, but my friends convinced me to go again. And I don't know why...it must've been a combination of many things....but I loved it. I loved it so much in Columbus that me and some others got tickets to see him a week later in Cincinnati, and it was also great. I became a DMB fan this summer. I wanted to see Pearl Jam, but their Columbus show also sold out real quick.

[/QUOTE] [/B] I'd love to see Simon & Garfunkel and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and U2. I've never gotten the chance to see any of those bands live, and I really want to. [/B][/QUOTE]

I already said that S & G are great, and you have probably heard many great U2 stories. But let me tell you about Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. This is a great live band we're talking about. They have so many great songs. It's a different experience than a U2 concert. Tom is just so personable, you feel more like he is just a friend of yours whose band is playing at a party with 20,000 of your friends in attendance. This is a band who has both the "rock" and "roll" part down pat in the phrase rock'n'roll. U2 rock more than they roll. See Tom Petty if you can, he's great.
The_acrobat is offline  
Old 10-30-2003, 12:34 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,066
Local Time: 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The_acrobat
I already said that S & G are great, and you have probably heard many great U2 stories.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally posted by The_acrobat
But let me tell you about Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. This is a great live band we're talking about. They have so many great songs. It's a different experience than a U2 concert. Tom is just so personable, you feel more like he is just a friend of yours whose band is playing at a party with 20,000 of your friends in attendance. This is a band who has both the "rock" and "roll" part down pat in the phrase rock'n'roll. U2 rock more than they roll. See Tom Petty if you can, he's great.
That's kinda how my dad explained it to me (at the time he went to see them, I was not yet a fan, and I was still kinda young). He still says it's the best concert he's ever seen, and he's seen many (hasn't seen U2 yet either, though, but he'd love to see them as well).

And I've heard that same thing from other Tom Petty fans.

I really would love to see them someday, definitely. When I have the money and the means and everything, next time they tour, you'd better believe I'm going.

Angela
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 09:05 AM   #13
War Child
 
Seabird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she's uncool, but she's still preoccupied with 1985
Posts: 906
Local Time: 12:18 PM
When they're ready!
Seabird is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 09:10 AM   #14
War Child
 
Seabird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: with 2 kids in high school they tell her that she's uncool, but she's still preoccupied with 1985
Posts: 906
Local Time: 12:18 PM

Oh wait! Not until I get enough money to finance my trips to the concerts
Seabird is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 12:52 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict
 
Liesje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In the dog house
Posts: 19,563
Local Time: 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Seabird
Oh wait! Not until I get enough money to finance my trips to the concerts
DITTO that! *skips lunch in favor of saving a few bucks*
Liesje is offline  
Old 11-01-2003, 05:50 PM   #16
War Child
 
TiaraGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 554
Local Time: 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by drumkeeran

But I'm a bit worried unless I'm up front I won't get the same indoor feeling in a stadium.
This issue has been on my mind as well.
__________________

TiaraGurl is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×