U2: Protecting this House since 1976 -> AKA, more new album talk - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevey View Post
The band does read the fan boards occasionally and I think if they checked in on this one they might be pretty depressed about their fan base. Does anybody remember that interview with Bono from a few years ago where he talked about how harsh U2's audience is? He was talking about how he wishes he could actually get some of the sycophancy he's accused of cultivating around himself and said something like "Have you ever been on the U2 fan sites? Man, those people are harsh. They don't let us get away with a thing!"
This is true for practically every band message board. It's also way more interesting than people just saying how much they love the band etc.

I also agree with Rachel. The fact that the band is on holiday and has been for quite some time does suggest the album is completely finished or far from finished. Otherwise they'd be working hard to release it this fall, wouldn't they?

Old 08-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:42 PM
someone please explain wtf click clack refers to. it's a two week long joke that I still don't get.

nor protect this house, for that matter.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #63
The Fly

Local Time: 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Dude View Post
someone please explain wtf click clack refers to. it's a two week long joke that I still don't get.

I was under the impression this was just one of those american things americans presume the whole world knows about.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #64
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Your heart is on my sleeve. Did you put it there with a magic marker?"
Quote:
What would things be like if we all took Mikal's lead and made an effort to abstain from doom and gloom, "this is probably hopeless" no-album-this-year or it-will-probably-suck type posts until, say, second week of September? I think it's a nice exercise, like taking a fast from mirrors and fat talk. It's been pretty negative in here, and personally I think some good thoughts towards the band would be nice. We all want the new record so why not just try to stay positive for a bit? Then if the fall deadlines pass we can all throw tantrums.

The band does read the fan boards occasionally and I think if they checked in on this one they might be pretty depressed about their fan base. Does anybody remember that interview with Bono from a few years ago where he talked about how harsh U2's audience is? He was talking about how he wishes he could actually get some of the sycophancy he's accused of cultivating around himself and said something like "Have you ever been on the U2 fan sites? Man, those people are harsh. They don't let us get away with a thing!"
I'm all for some good-spirited fun and discussion of what the album is going to look like, sound like, etc. All this talk of "delays" only serves to rile up arguments and cause disruption amongst the fans, which is not really doing anyone any good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount Temple View Post
Jeevey, I would certainly agree with you but hey you can't blame a guy for trying......more Zooropa/POP and less ATYCLB and HTDAAB.
Yes yes yes! More AB, Zoo, Pop, etc! Been saying it SINCE Pop! I never much cared for ATYCLB (mostly for personal reasons), and yes there are good songs on Bomb and Horizon, but I long for more material like the 90s.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #65
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Cleef View Post
I was under the impression this was just one of those american things americans presume the whole world knows about.
I'm American and have no idea what that's all about.

But when I read it, I start singing "Click clack, I was takin' a bath ...."

And that's driving me insane.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Cleef View Post
can't say that I ever presumed that everybody here knows that Under Armor slogans, nor do I really care if everybody does -- but thanks for your snobby attitude anyway.

Click. Clack.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Dude View Post

Click clack, Protect this House and #WeWill (or #IWill) are just slogans for Under Armor. There's not a lot to get.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by popacrobat View Post
Click clack, Protect this House and #WeWill (or #IWill) are just slogans for Under Armor. There's not a lot to get.
More substantial information than the last three threads...
Old 08-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:42 PM
I have no idea why it became an Interference meme here in 2013 but my friends and I used to mockingly say that shit way back when those commercials first started airing. I just Googled it. 2003. Ten years. Holy shit.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #70
Blue Crack Addict

LOL, here I thought "Click Clack" was quoting "Yahweh" because it seems like we're "Click Clackin down some dead end street" in these threads.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #71
The Fly

Quote:

can't say that I ever presumed that everybody here knows that Under Armor slogans, nor do I really care if everybody does -- but thanks for your snobby attitude anyway.

Click. Clack.
And i thank you for all the repetitive and annoying Under Armor slogans (whatever Under Armor is).
Old 08-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsgov View Post
This is true for practically every band message board. It's also way more interesting than people just saying how much they love the band etc.
I'm not saying we need endless kudos; I'll take a potshot at Bono's cockatoo hair do like anyone. It's just that the Chicken Little sourpuss attitude is a bit much. "At point X I'll give up on the band and lose a lot of respect for them, not that I expected a lot anyway." Anyone here is in fact still here, so why not just skip all the I won't love you anymore threats.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #73
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:42 PM
This was posted on youtube today. I'm not pretending like it's anything to get excited about, but anyone know what this could be from (if it's even in fact U2)? I hadn't heard it before.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #74
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

SCUBA, on the other hand, can never be full explained. He's an enigma.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Your heart is on my sleeve. Did you put it there with a magic marker?"
Quote:
I'm not saying we need endless kudos; I'll take a potshot at Bono's cockatoo hair do like anyone. It's just that the Chicken Little sourpuss attitude is a bit much. "At point X I'll give up on the band and lose a lot of respect for them, not that I expected a lot anyway." Anyone here is in fact still here, so why not just skip all the I won't love you anymore threats.
Kudos! We all know (well most of us) that when it comes to one Mr. Adam Clayton, the man owns a piece of my soul. I came to terms with it a long time ago. Yet that has never stopped me from ribbing on his choice of stage clothes during Vertigo (those PAJAMAS!?!?!?), or that Pomeranian on his head as of late! It does NOT mean that I love him any less. Nor does it mean I love the band any less. I can poke fun at them and still love them and the music.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
ahh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan1977 View Post
More substantial information than the last three threads...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
LOL, here I thought "Click Clack" was quoting "Yahweh" because it seems like we're "Click Clackin down some dead end street" in these threads.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
This was posted on youtube today. I'm not pretending like it's anything to get excited about, but anyone know what this could be from (if it's even in fact U2)? I hadn't heard it before.

Sure sounds like U2. but nothing close to a finished product.. another soundcheck perhaps?
Old 08-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:42 PM
U2k14
Old 08-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #79
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I'm American and have no idea what that's all about.
Me neither, until recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
I like that song more than most people but I'd be ashamed to quote it as such.

But this raises the question: was Yahweh inspired by UnderArmour? Have U2 been Protecting This House since 2004?

It's also possible that this was a thinly-veiled reference to Larry's trouble keeping time while performing.

Click. Track.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #80
The Fly

Track records. Track records. Track records.

Premier drums. Premier drums. Premier drums.

Tags
christmas music, fall 2013, fall 2014, larry at a baseball game, lillywhitewashing, new album, new album please, sillywhite, spring 2014, u2