U2: Protecting this House since 1976 -> AKA, more new album talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Click Clack is some kind of tag line? WTH does that even mean? Sometimes "click clack" is the noise my bones make when I try to do something athletic, but I'm not exactly sure that makes for good marketing.
It's the sound of football cleats hitting the pavement when players are walking down the tunnel onto the field.

Under Armour - Click-Clack™ - YouTube

And i thank you for all the repetitive and annoying Under Armor slogans (whatever Under Armor is).

This is part of Interference's most time-honored tradition: taking what is at best a mildly-amusing joke and running it mercilessly into the ground.

And i thank you for all the repetitive and annoying Under Armor slogans (whatever Under Armor is).

hope you thank everybody else for the annoying, repetitive, freaking out and obsessing over Steve Lillywhite's tweets posts, too. clearly saying click clack here and there is such a disservice to interference and this thread, which is always on topic.

#WeWill

hope you thank everybody else for the annoying, repetitive, freaking out and obsessing over Steve Lillywhite's tweets posts, too. clearly saying click clack here and there is such a disservice to interference and this thread, which is always on topic.

#WeWill

I get it that this is an U2 forum and most people are crazy about U2 in here.

I just find it a bit weird when people act like their lives are depending on U2 releasing a new album.

My life kind of does. I told my family that I will not buy them Christmas presents if U2 doesn't release an album this year.

OK, here's something interesting.

Years ago (back in Pop Mart times) a composite company near me was asked to quote & manufacture the cocktail sticks & arch for the popmart stage. The only reason I found out about it was that I copied the plans they used to quote from & they had the U2 logo on them.

Unfortunately, the composite company no longer exists, but many of the employees where 'swallowed up' into another composite company, & then again, blah blah etc etc.

Well, it just so happens that a friend of mine works for this now re-owned re purposed company & he told me that in July they were asked to 'tender' for a job & again it had the U2 logo on it. He said the items in the drawing were 'very' non descriptor like arc shaped beams (or something) but not that big. Possibly part of an interlocking structure. The only interesting thing was that the tender deadline was September the 13th. The reason the date was so pertinent was that it is a Friday, as in 'unlucky Friday 13th'.

Make of it what you will, (& I know most will be thinking, another friend of a friend crapola) but, 'perhaps' there are things afoot behind the iron curtain

gareth-bale-thfc-new-kit-tottenham-football_2970729.jpg

Click clack

OK, here's something interesting.

Years ago (back in Pop Mart times) a composite company near me was asked to quote & manufacture the cocktail sticks & arch for the popmart stage. The only reason I found out about it was that I copied the plans they used to quote from & they had the U2 logo on them.

Unfortunately, the composite company no longer exists, but many of the employees where 'swallowed up' into another composite company, & then again, blah blah etc etc.

Well, it just so happens that a friend of mine works for this now re-owned re purposed company & he told me that in July they were asked to 'tender' for a job & again it had the U2 logo on it. He said the items in the drawing were 'very' non descriptor like arc shaped beams (or something) but not that big. Possibly part of an interlocking structure. The only interesting thing was that the tender deadline was September the 13th. The reason the date was so pertinent was that it is a Friday, as in 'unlucky Friday 13th'.

Make of it what you will, (& I know most will be thinking, another friend of a friend crapola) but, 'perhaps' there are things afoot behind the iron curtain

Da Da Da....the plot thickens and the imagination runs wild, these Wiley Irish guys better be pulling our chain with this gag order it seems on everything or I'm going to be so pissed! Can't wait to see the news outlets scramble when all of the sudden a new single is just dropped! Hoping .....

Since you're clearly a recent fan, I guess we can't expect you to remember the interviews for HTDAAB.
I remember it all, Ive been here since 02. I remember the *one* time he said something about Native Son, not the tons of articles about it. I remember ONE mention. Been a fan since the summer of 87 when I was 5.

He straight up said he was the alter if a banned member, himself.

Not sure what the deal is. I rarely do so, but I did report that post at the time. They must know...

Ive only ever been banned for going against the flow of popular opinion here. Never once have I told anyone to "SHUT THE FUCK UP". Thats a way harsher offense to me but whatever, damn the guy who thinks about things, connects the dots and asks questions.

This board has always been a huge contradiction

Ive only ever been banned for going against the flow of popular opinion here. Never once have I told anyone to "SHUT THE FUCK UP". Thats a way harsher offense to me but whatever, damn the guy who thinks about things, connects the dots and asks questions.

I actually do agree with some of this, but I don't believe it's the fault of the mods. Anytime I've really needed help from them, they've been great, assuming I approached them appropriately.

Your flip out back in 2009 had some merit and I did agree with some of your points, but you went about it in the wrong way. And that while legal action thing was laughable.

I've been a U2 fan since age 4 when I saw the Streets video and a goofy guy in sunglasses and no shirt caught my attention. That guy was my Adam and I am proud and honored to say I am a fan of his band and their music. I'll be 30 *gaaaasp* in October and I don't mind being a youngin. In fact, my kids are fans and I couldn't be happier!!

Regardless, unless you got approval from the mods, it's 100% against the rules to rejoin the board as an alter once you've been banned.

If you did ask permission, that's cool, but the fact that you just kinda flounce around the fact that you're a previously banned member under an alt account, doesn't suggest you did. Added to that, it completes the frustrating picture of the lack of moderator-ship around these parts as of late.

Click clack, Protect this House and #WeWill (or #IWill) are just slogans for Under Armor. There's not a lot to get.
It was actually a commercial a few years back. The click clack was the sound of cleats coming out of the tunnel onto the field. 'CLICK' 'CLACK' WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

House refers to your homefield in this case, for the confused foreigner earlier.

Regardless, unless you got approval from the mods, it's 100% against the rules to rejoin the board as an alter once you've been banned.

If you did ask permission, that's cool, but the fact that you just kinda flounce around the fact that you're a previously banned member under an alt account, doesn't suggest you did. Added to that, it completes the frustrating picture of the lack of moderator-ship around these parts as of late.
its gonna be alright, calm down.

I actually do agree with some of this, but I don't believe it's the fault of the mods. Anytime I've really needed help from them, they've been great, assuming I approached them appropriately.

Your flip out back in 2009 had some merit and I did agree with some of your points, but you went about it in the wrong way. And that while legal action thing was laughable.
Im pretty sure you have no idea who I am because I have no idea what youre talking about. Could you quote something 'I' said from that?

You penetrated the secret U2 conspiracy!

Give me a break. You're suggesting that the band members are outright lying to press and fans about their creative control, and that's out of line as far as I'm concerned.

You deserve no respect around here for your bullshit theories.

About time somebody around here asked the deep and pressing questions!
I only brought it up because we're about to hear the 'new era of U2'. And Im afraid its going to be more of the same, thats all. It all feels a lot like when we elected Obama and everyone was on the wagon for change and hope. Then sadly the fact that it will never change becomes more glaringly obvious. God I hope it changes this time but is it even possible under that label? That's all Im asking. People seem to be partial to these recent silly soft lyrics all of a sudden. Im telling you right now, Get on your boots failed because of the lyrics, period. I remember the unveiling quite clearly and everyone was jumping up and down for that one.....and then they sat down and processed the lyrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom