U2: Protecting this House since 1976 -> AKA, more new album talk - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #41
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *I* View Post
And as I said before, If they told him to change the lyrics they would have no problem telling him to give excuses. Id still like to see all these interviews you speak of.

Since you're clearly a recent fan, I guess we can't expect you to remember the interviews for HTDAAB.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:52 PM
I do hope it is LastEdgeOnEarth, this thread was possibly the best ever:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ds-192666.html

Old 08-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #43
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post

Yeah, we went through it a few threads ago. It was one of a couple of our site legends. Jick was a popular choice, and so were Jarvis, MrBrau, and LastEdgeOnEarth. Admitted to being a previously banned member, and curiously has gone under the mod radar. Perhaps waiting for another epic explosion?
This place still has mod's?
Old 08-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #44
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Holy hell how did I miss that one??
Old 08-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:52 PM
I really miss the days of the epic WTF!?!?!?! threads.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #46
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post

Please tell me this isn't Jick we're dealing with.

Shut the fuck up, troll.
He straight up said he was the alter if a banned member, himself.
Quote:

Yeah, we went through it a few threads ago. It was one of a couple of our site legends. Jick was a popular choice, and so were Jarvis, MrBrau, and LastEdgeOnEarth. Admitted to being a previously banned member, and curiously has gone under the mod radar. Perhaps waiting for another epic explosion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post

This place still has mod's?
Not sure what the deal is. I rarely do so, but I did report that post at the time. They must know...
Old 08-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Your heart is on my sleeve. Did you put it there with a magic marker?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount Temple View Post
I'll take the the quiet "damn the Top 40!" album and tour any day. I could care less about U2's new music on the radio. I want some crazy experimentation and willingness just to do what they want. That is what I like and respect about Bowie and a lot of other big powerhouses of old.
Precisely! To hell with expectation! They're to the point where they don't "need" media recognition or praise to get sales and have albums be successful. I think this fanbase has proven that. We just want the damned music.

However, as much as it's pretty to think, I seriously doubt U2 would ditch radio completely.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:52 AM
So I'm going to try to be a little more positive for the next week or two. I was thinking about timelines this morning. Let's say the album isn't released until the end of November, getting some kind of announcement in mid August would be really early. I think the real deadline is after the first week of September. If we know nothing more by then, then it's not happening this year.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Wait...'cock n balls' is an alter of a banned member?

jeesus this is oooooollllllddddd news! wakey wakey

plus, he (i'm assuming) will always be "frowny face" to me
Old 08-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
So I'm going to try to be a little more positive for the next week or two. I was thinking about timelines this morning. Let's say the album isn't released until the end of November, getting some kind of announcement in mid August would be really early. I think the real deadline is after the first week of September. If we know nothing more by then, then it's not happening this year.
yeah, there's really no reason for anybody to freak out or be pessimistic right now. larry told a fan at yankee stadium that they hope to finish the album this year. as laz said in the previous thread, that can mean a million different things. finishing the album can include artwork, mixing, packaging, developing an app that Bono seems hell bent on.

still seems like we're on track for an album this year.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Very good Mikal, stay positive! There is a lot of time left...football season hasn't even really started yet and we are still essentially in Summer. We are talking about an album with a potential late fall release date, so there are a lot of things happening. I think we'll know a lot more when the temperatures start to change and the days get a bit shorter.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Very good Mikal, stay positive! There is a lot of time left...football season hasn't even really started yet and we are still essentially in Summer. We are talking about an album with a potential late fall release date, so there are a lot of things happening. I think we'll know a lot more when the temperatures start to change and the days get a bit shorter.
Yep. And if I feel the need to get negative, I always have football to turn to.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #53
Blue Crack Distributor

Click clack
Old 08-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Yep. And if I feel the need to get negative, I always have football to turn to.
very true
Old 08-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Your heart is on my sleeve. Did you put it there with a magic marker?"
Football season. Aka the season of sailor language and things been thrown at televisions. And that's just me! Mr CK is worse!

I still say we'll hear something solid by the end of this month. But I wouldn't panic if it's September when we get news. Truthfully, Larry's comments could mean any number of things, and we're lucky he even answered the fan's question.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I don't think they are still working on the album (recording, etc.). Larry's going to baseball games, Bono's in France with his family, Edge and Adam are... somewhere. They seem to be in vacation mode, and would they be taking a break from working on the album right now if it wasn't finished yet? If they are, then it must be hopelessly unfinished and there's no point in trying for a fall release this year, which I really doubt.

And the whole Electric Lady thing: they were in there with Danger Mouse, they had a party on the roof, and then dispersed for vacation. It doesn't seem unreasonable to assume that the band are done with their part of the work. There are a lot of little things that need to be done before release, and it could be in these final stages right now for all we know.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that we shouldn't give up hope yet for a release this year. I'm going to be lenient and give it until the middle of September; if we still don't know anything by then... Then it's 2008 deja vu.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #57
Ghost of Love

Quote:

This was one of the bigger flameouts in recent years and he went straight at the mods. Also resulting in one of the better Interference Memes in the same time period..

..so I would venture to say that by simple deductive reasoning, ie, there is no way in hell they would let this guy back in under any alter, that it cannot be him.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:52 AM
Quote:

omg i've never seen that thread before - it's... just... incredible!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

What would things be like if we all took Mikal's lead and made an effort to abstain from doom and gloom, "this is probably hopeless" no-album-this-year or it-will-probably-suck type posts until, say, second week of September? I think it's a nice exercise, like taking a fast from mirrors and fat talk. It's been pretty negative in here, and personally I think some good thoughts towards the band would be nice. We all want the new record so why not just try to stay positive for a bit? Then if the fall deadlines pass we can all throw tantrums.

The band does read the fan boards occasionally and I think if they checked in on this one they might be pretty depressed about their fan base. Does anybody remember that interview with Bono from a few years ago where he talked about how harsh U2's audience is? He was talking about how he wishes he could actually get some of the sycophancy he's accused of cultivating around himself and said something like "Have you ever been on the U2 fan sites? Man, those people are harsh. They don't let us get away with a thing!"
Old 08-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #60
The Fly

Local Time: 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeevey View Post
This really is a repetitious argument by now, but I'm pretty sure that U2 just won't go for this- that they would see letting go of the top 40 as a kind of defeat. They've always aimed for cultural dominance, not just success and that means radio, or at least whatever the current equivalent of "radio" is these days. Elevation was a quiet tour but that record was all about regaining mainstream popularity.

We pretty well know that this tour will be much more stripped down than the last, but good guesses about the tone of this record are hard to find. And as for Bowie, the article on the first page of this thread referenced how quickly his new album has faded from thought even after its big stealth drop. U2 will have noticed that by now, too, and taken notes.
Jeevey, I would certainly agree with you but hey you can't blame a guy for trying......more Zooropa/POP and less ATYCLB and HTDAAB.

Tags
christmas music, fall 2013, fall 2014, larry at a baseball game, lillywhitewashing, new album, new album please, sillywhite, spring 2014, u2