U2: Protecting this House since 1976 -> AKA, more new album talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And they refer to the falsely translated article from yesterday about the album being out in March 2014. Even @u2 had it wrong on their page. Nowhere in the French article did it say that the album would be out in March 2014. I'm getting tired of these "inside sources" and bad translations :sigh:

And they refer to the falsely translated article from yesterday about the album being out in March 2014. Even @u2 had it wrong on their page. Nowhere in the French article did it say that the album would be out in March 2014. I'm getting tired of these "inside sources" and bad translations :sigh:

Funny you mentioned that, I was just having a look at another one of their articles and they said Larry "told a journalist in an interview" the album would be finished by the end of the year, when that clearly wasn't the case. It's just another one of those crappy blogs trying to get hits.
icon28.gif

Would someone be able to post the translation? I can't access U2Place at work.

Secondo una nostra fonte interna alla casa discografica Universal Italia il nuovo disco degli U2 sicuramente non uscirà quest'anno.

Questo sembrerebbe confermare l'altro rumor anticipato nella news di ieri che ipotizza l'uscita nel marzo 2014.

According to an inside source of ours, the record company Universal Italia says the new U2 record will definitely not be released this year.

This seems to confirm our previous rumor, mentioned yesterday, that the album would not be out until March 2014.

They didn't even take the time to properly translate the French article that was posted yesterday. That would require time! Precious time!
icon30.gif

Funny you mentioned that, I was just having a look at another one of their articles and they said Larry "told a journalist in an interview" the album would be finished by the end of the year, when that clearly wasn't the case. It's just another one of those crappy blogs trying to get hits.
icon28.gif

Not really, they used to be pretty serious in the past.
Maybe somebody told them something wrong, don't know if this is the case, but I trust them.

They didn't even take the time to properly translate the French article that was posted yesterday. That would require time! Precious time!
icon30.gif

Thanks. Definitely interesting. The Univeral Italy source scares me a bit, but then again, yes it seems like the article is sloppy.

Not really, they used to be pretty serious in the past.
Maybe somebody told them something wrong, don't know if this is the case, but I trust them.

Yeah, other than one really bad prank (back in 2010 I think?), U2Place used to be very credible.

Yeah...now that I think about it, I would be pretty concerned with U2Place's report from their Universal source. Other than that prank, I remember being pretty accurate in their reports.

i think a week after adam's wedding is the official 2013 drop dead date.

you would think they wouldn't drop a single until after that event out of respect. i imagine there would be a honeymoon as well... but won't really have to get out and promote anything until around the time the album is ready to drop. so if the single is mid to late september, album could be late october to early november.

but if we get a month on from, say, today, and we still know nothing?

yea... 2014 it is.

Well, Alan Cross just tweeted.

Alan Cross ‏@alancross
Hardcore #U2 fans will be interested that the mysterious Slow Loris has reappeared in the Interference forums.

Btw, the ones who have been going on and on about U2 releasing an album in fall and playing 6 residence shows in 6 cities in 2014 are Spanish fans who also claim to have "inside sources" (including Universal) and rely on a Spanish journalist who they insist is absolutely trustworthy. So there you go, who's the "righter" source?

And as for everything else, who cares? Source here, source there. I agree with headache that a ~week+ after Adam's wedding is probably the drop dead date. And at worst, we'll see the album in Feb. or Mar. So whatever. I still think all the clues over the summer indicate a 4th quarter release this year.

And as for everything else, who cares? Source here, source there. I agree with headache that a ~week+ after Adam's wedding is probably the drop dead date. And at worst, we'll see the album in Feb. or Mar. So whatever. I still think all the clues over the summer indicate a 4th quarter release this year.

You definitely bring up a good point. Even if the album comes out in 2014 (which I'm pretty convinced is the case), it's not like we're going to wait until the fall. We'll most likely have a new single right after the new year. Not that far off.

Does anyone know where Dangermouse is at the moment? It seems fairly clear that there's no work going on with the album so why delay if they could have spent the last few months finishing it?

You definitely bring up a good point. Even if the album comes out in 2014 (which I'm pretty convinced is the case), it's not like we're going to wait until the fall. We'll most likely have a new single right after the new year. Not that far off.

I'm always a little worried that it will be late 2014, or later.

I'm always a little worried that it will be late 2014, or later.

No way. There are tour plans for next year. And if the album indeed isn't finished by now then it's at least VERY close. They've spent 3 years on it already. What was their previous longest time spent on an album?

Well, u2place.com's source at Universal Italy claims the new U2 album is definitely not out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom