U2: Protecting this House since 1976 -> AKA, more new album talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially after the hilariously non-ironic hysterical demands (not all yours, granted) to show the proof earlier in this thread.

Not all mine? lol. I don't believe any of my requests for sources - ironic or non-ironic - would fit the bill of "hysterical demands", but hey..

It's a meaningless request in any case, since clearly anyone who has access to real information can't reveal the source, which would implicate them as the leak and prevent them from ever having access again. Any real information is in fact certain to be anonymous and unsubstantiated, isn't it?

Not necessarily; certain sources can in fact be substantiated by veterans of this forum who know such sources personally. Now, whether or not newbies or naysayers or both want to believe that such substantiation can in fact occur (and yet the original source remain anonymous) is up to them, I suppose, but it doesn't change the fact that they are sources that some us can vouch for. :)

There are plenty of people here who have good legit sources. There are plenty of people here who know people who have good sources and have proven to be correct before. There are people here who've become close with members of the band or their inner circle. There are members here who've been backstage at U2 concerts. And there's at least one person here that I know of, who has rarely posted but has an account, who works for the band.

Those of us who have been here a long time know who many of those people are. Some have posted in this very thread.

What they all have in common is that they don't make it very well known, because they know that the association, whatever it may be, is special; and if they were to act like an ass by shouting everything they know or hear from the mountain tops so that u2 fans can see how cooooool they are, they will lose that association that they've been incredibly fortunate to develop.

So the real rumors here? They're usually subtle hints dropped with very little fanfare. You have to be paying attention to catch them.

Not all mine? lol. I don't believe any of my requests for sources - ironic or non-ironic - would fit the bill of "hysterical demands", but hey...

Well, it's all faded into blessed obscurity by now anyway; I've forgotten. I'm sure if in another four years we need to know who was hysterical and who was ironical, someone around here will be able to come up with a link to the posts in question and we can fight about it then.

Not necessarily; certain sources can in fact be substantiated by veterans of this forum who know such sources personally. Now, whether or not newbies or naysayers or both want to believe that such substantiation can in fact occur (and yet the original source remain anonymous) is up to them, I suppose, but it doesn't change the fact that they are sources that some us can vouch for. :)
Newbies and naysayers, ie people who actually require substantiation? I think what you're describing is not exactly verification. Certain people may be believed by certain others based on trust, but provide objective proof is exactly what they can't do.

Which is fine with me- I don't feel pissy about people saying "I have info but I can't tell you how I got it." Either they're making it up or they aren't- it's the internet, for heaven's sake. Everything here comes not just with grain of salt but packed in it.

What they all have in common is that they don't make it very well known, because they know that the association, whatever it may be, is special; and if they were to act like an ass by shouting everything they know or hear from the mountain tops so that u2 fans can see how cooooool they are, they will lose that association that they've been incredibly fortunate to develop.

That's what I was just saying, right? That's what I thought I was saying, at least.

So the real rumors here? They're usually subtle hints dropped with very little fanfare. You have to be paying attention to catch them.

Where did Nick go, anyway?

Headache. Tomorrow is a big day on your calendar, isn't it? ;)

Just in case something happens tomorrow.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/more-new-u2-album-discussion-215763-65.html#post7686835

Within the next 24 to 25 days we'll hear something substantial.

I said that on July 27th. So that's Aug 20-21.
A guess based upon the bands previous timelines.

Then Aug6th -
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...-u2-album-part-iii-215838-42.html#post7690190
You guys want to feel more optimistic? Well, I'll try.

Somewhere around Aug 20th is going to be a big news day. People should just be patient. If we get much beyond the 20th and we haven't heard anything, then...whatever.

Still based on the timelines and U2 generally being creatures of habit.

And then 10 days ago this, some more leeway.
http://www.u2interference.com/forum...-u2-album-part-iii-215838-58.html#post7691236
Until then, U2's history has told us that we are likely within two weeks of hearing some information. I would guess the week of Aug 17th-24th. If it gets beyond that, I will STFU about it.

This is the week, I think. If it gets to the 24th and nothing has happened, I will ban myself from the thread until something real happens. In the spirit of true predictions, there you go.

There are plenty of people here who have good legit sources. There are plenty of people here who know people who have good sources and have proven to be correct before. There are people here who've become close with members of the band or their inner circle. There are members here who've been backstage at U2 concerts. And there's at least one person here that I know of, who has rarely posted but has an account, who works for the band.

Those of us who have been here a long time know who many of those people are. Some have posted in this very thread.

Yup

but are you eating mangoes?

Yes. But only now I have just started eating them.
I have divined the following...

Bono will sing on the next U2 album. And there will be a few rockers, a few ballads, some mid-tempo stuff and a few quiet pieces. The album artwork might have the band on it or it might just have some...artwork. Edge will use some wah pedal along with his delay, Bono's voice will soar like an eagle and Adam will come up with some funky bass lines. There will be samples and loops used and the album will be within 10-12 tracks an a running time between 45 and 50 minutes. Additionally, some critics will love it and some critics won't.

I hope this has been valuable to you.

Also, Interferians will not full be able to protect this house unless SCUBA saves them. Take this for what it's worth.

Yes. But only now I have just started eating them.
I have divined the following...

Bono will sing on the next U2 album. And there will be a few rockers, a few ballads, some mid-tempo stuff and a few quiet pieces. The album artwork might have the band on it or it might just have some...artwork. Edge will use some wah pedal along with his delay, Bono's voice will soar like an eagle and Adam will come up with some funky bass lines. There will be samples and loops used and the album will be within 10-12 tracks an a running time between 45 and 50 minutes. Additionally, some critics will love it and some critics won't.

I hope this has been valuable to you.

Also, Interferians will not full be able to protect this house unless SCUBA saves them. Take this for what it's worth.
Have you ever read the book, Life of Pi?

One thing that dosent add up in the french article is that the tour starts in france in march in a stadium??

A stadium in france in march? Its the back end of winter in this part of europe. In the uk we had heavy snow in march this year.

Not a chance the tour will start in europe in stadiums in march. If it does get your thermals out it will be bloody freezing.

One thing that dosent add up in the french article is that the tour starts in france in march in a stadium??

A stadium in france in march? Its the back end of winter in this part of europe. In the uk we had heavy snow in march this year.

Not a chance the tour will start in europe in stadiums in march. If it does get your thermals out it will be bloody freezing.

the French article doesn't say the tour is starting in France - it says the tour is starting in March, and that the band will be playing its second French date in Nice... plus it mentions Bercy as the Paris venue, which is an arena, and i'm taking that with a bucket-load of salt - would be close on impossible to get tickets!

eta:

i just checked the French article again:

"Sans trahir de secret, c’est à Nice que U2 a déjà choisi l’été prochain de donner le second concert français de leur nouvelle tournée planétaire."

--> "Without giving away any secrets, U2 has already chosen Nice for its second French concert next summer as part of their new world tour"

On a side note, I think I've sussed the leading through the ring finger line.

Bono led the way through the ring finger to Ali, his lover: Dublin nuptials and fiesta in the wake Eze. The Edge followed. And now Adam Clayton, bassist of the band wants to stick to the squad of "Irish novices."

Bono was the first of the band to get married to his girlfriend Ali, in Dublin. Edge's wedding, the next in line, was celebrated in Eze. And now Adam would like to be the next to join the group... or something like that.

To be correct, only Edge's second wedding (to Morleigh) happened in Eze. His first one happened in Ireland.

And yes, I'm also pretty sure they won't tour European stadiums in March. We had deep winter in April this year, so March is a little early. But it could well be they'll be touring arenas as has been speculated and also hinted at by the band themselves. If they should indeed tour in spring, it's getting a bit late for all the announcements. Tickets should be on sale soon.

So no, I don't think the tour will start that early.

To be correct, only Edge's second wedding (to Morleigh) happened in Eze. His first one happened in Ireland.

And yes, I'm also pretty sure they won't tour European stadiums in March. We had deep winter in April this year, so March is a little early. But it could well be they'll be touring arenas as has been speculated and also hinted at by the band themselves. If they should indeed tour in spring, it's getting a bit late for all the announcements. Tickets should be on sale soon.

So no, I don't think the tour will start that early.

ummm nowhere does it say that the tour will be starting in European stadiums in March...

^ Someone brought it up in this thread.

but it was based on misinterpretation of a Google translation of a French newspaper article...

(and i also clarified that misinformation on this page)

god i love the Interference rumour mill in the morning... :D

Can I just go out on a limb and predict a conga and a tambourine on the new album? And some songs in 6/8 key just for some complexity?

Better yet, a song entirely in 5/4 timing would be insane... and completely unlikely to happen. The only time they've been there was the intro to the Mission Impossible Theme (I think).
In particular I want to Edge to really be on fire this time. The chimey, delayed guitar is good and all, but time for something different. I want to hear people saying "Have you heard Edge's solo? Holy shit, man!" :love:

This

"Where did Nick go, anyway?"

is not related to the comment of Headaches you quoted

Yes, it is. It may be nothing but his last appearance here was out of character enough to make me notice. He didn't even bother trying to make anybody feel stupid before he left.

Yes, and Edge was the first to get married. Apparently French celebrity tabloids don't fact check much better than the Anglophone ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom