U2: Protecting this House since 1976 -> AKA, more new album talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The speculation on atu2 (I hate that site, btw) is that he could be there to finalize the album artwork.

Yeah, I think I read that this is the same guy who posted the Manhattan crap here though.

I think he's the Earth 2030 guy.. his first post was:

I am new to the forum but I originate from Ireland and still have family there. My cousin works in media (he's a camerman) and has in the past worked with Gay Byrne - so to cut to the chase. Following the recently RTE interview with Bono there was a small get-together after filming. Apparently Bono mentioned that he was excited about the drop the debt campaign and the landmark date of 2030 by which time they hope to have cleared poverty in the third world (its also in the RTE interview around the 30 minute mark). An attendee apparently suggested to Bono that he should perhaps write a song about this, to which he is supposed to have replied "Perhaps I already have".

This information came via a camerman friend of my cousin so I have no idea if this actually happened - I am taking this information at face value, but I trust my cousin and he tells me his friend is legit.

Based on this I think the song title Earth 2030 could be legit but I am not so sure about any of the other titles.

EDIT: not saying I believe the guy.. but this stuff is fun. pisses some of you off, I know. But I love it.

I did a search for U2-related tweets on Twitter just now, and I found someone who posted this:
"I'm just sitting next to Bono's house in Eze. They're playing live music. #U2"

...to which I asked:
"Details? Is it new music? One U2 fan to another"

...and she replied:
"The staff asked if we were recording something lol and sorry no details"

Does it sound like she's saying someone from U2's camp went over to her place to make sure she wasn't recording? And would that imply that they were playing new songs? :shrug:

to be fair, i think The Slow Loris was just saying what any of us cynics would say tbh, based on the reliability of the "sources" - i mean, he's asking for info on Danger Mouse's whereabouts in the other thread... which i guess he wouldn't do if he was still trying to mess with newbies/suckers/journalists etc. :D

A source is a source, of course of course,
and no one can talk to a source of course,
that is of course, unless the source,
Is the famous Mister Ed!

Go right to the horse and ask the source.
He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.
He's always on a steady course.
Talk to Mister Ed.

People yak-it-ti-yak a streak
and waste your time of day,
but Mister Ed will never speak,
unless he has something to say...

And this one will talk 'til his voice is hoarse.
You never heard of a talking source?

g_llopizyahoocom_mister-ed.jpg_1253367666.jpg

and no one can talk to a source of course,
that is of course, unless the source,
Is the famous Mister Ed!

Go right to the horse and ask the source.
He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.
He's always on a steady course.
Talk to Mister Ed.

People yak-it-ti-yak a streak
and waste your time of day,
but Mister Ed will never speak,
unless he has something to say...

And this one will talk 'til his voice is hoarse.
You never heard of a talking source?

g_llopizyahoocom_mister-ed.jpg_1253367666.jpg

i do love that little talking source :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom