U2: Protecting this House since 1976 -> AKA, more new album talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah! 'It's' should read 'its'. Stupid iPhone.

Don't go, most of the time the discussions are decent and this is where I go to get the latest scoop/rumor + the set list parties are EPIC! ;). The more I think about lastnight's tirades I think some of that might be attributed to late night tiredness, perhaps a little alcohol involved or folks were having a bad night, but I think some of it is from years of frustrations and it all just came to a head. If someone says they have something, perhaps classify it is a rumor only until it is official to eliminate flying accusations that end up being personal attacks and then get way off topic. But like you said this is the Internet which is like i guess what the Wild Wild West was like in the grand old U S of A. Have a good rest of the day/evening blue crack brethren, click clack!

A society shouldn't need multiple enforcers to ensure that it's behaviour is kept on check. The best way for that to happen is by self-regulation rather than by having someone watching over your shoulder all the time. This is not a school yard, so we shouldn't need the teacher to slap us on the wrists when we step out of line.

I wish that were true. But sadly, the internet grants people a degree of anonymity that allows them to say things they wouldn't normally say in "real life." Everyone can regulate him/herself to some degree, but that's sometimes thrown out the window when there are no "real" personal consequences.

If you really are leaving, then, well, it obviously shows how some are feeling right now about this place. Sigh.

A society shouldn't need multiple enforcers to ensure that it's behaviour is kept on check.

Maybe it shouldn't, but it seems like this one might.

But this latest, much ballyhooed prediction is really not far off anyone else's best guesses, is it? Generally it seems like the window is Grammy deadline through Black Friday, and if not by then, than probably not til March. Is that the gist of things?

Re. the new album: Yeah, unless something has changed in the last few days, I don't think the band have even set a release date yet. Any speculation at this point would just be a logical guess. They might try to avoid another spring release. But I'm sure they as much as we would not want to wait until next fall.

everyone is demanding more mods and more active mods. yet i remember when this place actually suspended and banned people on a regular basis, the exact same people weren't happy about it.

if mods are added and all rules are more enforced, a lot of people are going to start getting suspended (and threads being closed) because there's a lot we let slide now. you can't have it both ways.

Perhaps it is indeed a good idea to lay this thread to rest. It has run its course, and well, to be honest, there is no news. So instead of running around like headless chickens, we might as well wait and a new thread can be started when there's some actual news.

Yes, someone please lock this thread and don't start another one until there's an announcement or a leak. These threads have been pointless for a long time due to lack of news. We might not have to wait long, anyway.

Go home, Interference. You're drunk.

Perhaps it is indeed a good idea to lay this thread to rest. It has run its course, and well, to be honest, there is no news. So instead of running around like headless chickens, we might as well wait and a new thread can be started when there's some actual news.

Or, we can just talk about U2 and the new album, as we did in the previous threads with no problem whatsoever. Instead, people are harping on mods and all that for no reason. Not sure why we can't do that, especially since we're probably dangerously close to 10-12 new songs.

Or, we can just talk about U2 and the new album, as we did in the previous threads with no problem whatsoever. Instead, people are harping on mods and all that for no reason. Not sure why we can't do that, especially since we're probably dangerously close to 10-12 new songs.

12 songs? On a u2 album?? Gimme a goddamn break, jackass!

:wink:

If these threads were locked, wouldn't new album speculation just go on in other threads? I don't think closing these threads is the right idea (unless last night happens repeatedly). This is a U2 forum, and a U2 release (a rather rare experience for fans of this band) is imminent. There is plenty of excitement. It just boils down to staying on topic.

I believe that there are plenty of people who actually are willing to discuss the new album, believe it or not. It wouldn't be fair to let a few troublemakers prevent the majority from doing that. Just my 2¢.

Sure it'd be great if we could just all discuss the new album in this thread... but, there isn't actually anything at all yet to discuss. So I reckon that is why people find different topics and frustrations arrise, there just isn't anything 'on topic' to talk about except some unconfirmed rumours.

I googled myself and some really strange stuff came up

tumblr_mo1pmfIKti1r2voqio1_500.png

:censored:

Mrs. Garrison used to be a man!

If she can't be satisfied with her gender, how can we be satisfied with her posts!

Are you saying that because you don't agree or because it'll never happen?

because i disagree.

this whole subforum exists for this very reason: to discuss, anticipate and (in some cases) obsess over little tidbits of information. it's not as if they're not close to completing (if not already completed) a new album. as somebody said (sorry, too lazy to click back and see who), if we locked threads like this, discussion would just trickle into other threads, so who cares?

if you don't like the inane banter/killing time/ random tidbits of information, don't read. anything major minor seemingly gets its own thread anyway. it's pretty simple.

Don't go, most of the time the discussions are decent and this is where I go to get the latest scoop/rumor + the set list parties are EPIC! ;). The more I think about lastnight's tirades I think some of that might be attributed to late night tiredness, perhaps a little alcohol involved or folks were having a bad night, but I think some of it is from years of frustrations and it all just came to a head. If someone says they have something, perhaps classify it is a rumor only until it is official to eliminate flying accusations that end up being personal attacks and then get way off topic. But like you said this is the Internet which is like i guess what the Wild Wild West was like in the grand old U S of A. Have a good rest of the day/evening blue crack brethren, click clack!

Set list parties. :love:
Those were BRILLIANT during 360. I seem to recall some during Vertigo as well but cant remember if I posted then. I didn't have this account then (hubby used to have one, I think...) so the memory of lurking vs posting is fuzzy.

Maybe it shouldn't, but it seems like this one might.

But this latest, much ballyhooed prediction is really not far off anyone else's best guesses, is it? Generally it seems like the window is Grammy deadline through Black Friday, and if not by then, than probably not til March. Is that the gist of things?

I've said end of November for a bit. And that seems to fall right in the general gist of things.

Sure it'd be great if we could just all discuss the new album in this thread... but, there isn't actually anything at all yet to discuss. So I reckon that is why people find different topics and frustrations arrise, there just isn't anything 'on topic' to talk about except some unconfirmed rumours.

Exactly. We've all speculated to death. There's nothing more to be read in the tea leaves. Perhaps a week away from this circle jerk will provide some perspective for those who can't seem to think/talk about anything else.

When there's some new, legit info, we can start all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom